November 28th, 2012New Features:
· Asynchronous readback support
· Region of interest for scalable rendering and load-balancing
· Automatic CPU-GPU affinity
· Application-specific scaling to visualize data in a scale different to 1:1 in immersive environments
· VirtualGL-aware auto-configuration
· Zeroconf support and node discovery
· Blocking co::Object::commit
· Extensible packet dispatch
· RDMA Windows implementation
· Launch error with empty host for a node bug
· Readback of non-modulo-4 images broken
· "--eq-logfile" followed by no other argument segfaults
· WGL window compile error
· eqPly crash on model load on Win32
· Memleak with pipe thread affinity
· exPixelBench crashes
· Non-freed GPUCompressors after application exit
· Windows: PBO error when rendering
April 21st, 2012
· This version fixes an RSP race during connection, sequels missing from packages, the installed example CMake build not working, race and performance issues with multicast object distribution, --eq-layout being activated on the second frame, and installing "find" scripts in the CMake root.
January 1st, 2012
· Automatic local and remote configuration using the GPU-SD library, initial release of Sequel, a simplification and utility layer on top of Equalizer, runtime failure tolerance detecting hardware and software failures, tile compounds for fill-limited rendering such as direct volume rendering and interactive raytracing, distributed single-producer, multi-consumer queue, an RDMA-based connection class for InfiniBand (Linux only), and support for push-based object distribution.
November 11th, 2011
· This is a patch release improving compatibility with external packages for Equalizer 1.0.1.
August 22nd, 2011
· This is a patch release fixing eight bugs in Equalizer 1.0.
March 1st, 2011
· Major stability improvements were made over 1.0-alpha, delivering the full feature set and API of Equalizer 1.0 for stable application development.
February 5th, 2010New Features:
· Subpixel compounds for full-scene anti-aliasing (FSAA) or depth-of-field (DOF) decomposition
· Data distribution and data updates using reliable UDP multicast
· Support for writing applications which are not using OpenGL
· Support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
· Tile and range boundaries for the load equalizer
· New eq::util::Accum class for accumulation operations using an FBO or the OpenGL accumulation buffer
· Multiple windows on the same pipe can join the same software swap barrier
· Configurable message pump
· Configurable object serialization buffer size
· Performance optimization for image compression
· Reduce memory footprint for eq::net::Objects with change type DELTA
· EqPly: added anti-aliasing when the application is idle
· EqPly: recursively search directories for models
· EqPly: switch to faster VBO rendering on OSX
The following changes breaking compatibility with Equalizer 0.6 source code were made:
· The utility classes Accum, AccumBufferObject, FrameBufferObject and Texture where moved from the eq to the eq::util namespace.
· eq::Window::getColorType has been changed to getColorFormat for consistency.
· The font handling provided by eq::Window has been refactored for non-OpenGL rendering support.
The following documentation has been added or substantially improved since the last release:
· The Programming and User Guide has been extended to 91 pages and 53 figures.
· The Accumulation Buffer Object API has been added to the Programming Guide.
· The Subpixel compound provides FSAA and DOF decomposition
· Multicast Data Transfer
Equalizer 0.9.1 includes various bugfixes over the 0.9 release, including the following:
· 2873353: Usage of ext/hash_map and -Werror causes compiler error
· 2834063: eqPly and eVolve freezes on Mac with glX
· 2828269: eVolve depth compositing is broken
· 2642034: Win32: max 64 connections possible
· 2874188: Lockup at shutdown
· The following bugs were known at release time. Please file a Bug Report if you find any other issue with this release.
· 2934387: Ubuntu: GLX problem with PBuffer
· 2931913 eqPly: DFR + 2D + Idle AA does not work
· 2843849: 64-bit bug in eVolveConverter
· 2796444: Race during simultaneous node connect
· 2609161: zoom: depth readback does not work
· 2556940: zoom: FBO usage
· 2003195: Ortho frustra ignores eye offset
· 1854929: eqPly GLSL shader has artefacts
August 11th, 2009
· Automatic cross-segment load-balancing for multi-display installations
· Dynamic Frame Resolution (DFR) for constant framerate rendering
· Compression Plugin API for runtime-loadable image compression engines
December 4th, 2008
· 2D and DB load-balancing, support for time-multiplex compounds, a statistics overlay, and ParaComp integration were added.
October 8th, 2008
· This version adds initial support for 2D pixel compound kernels, a new OSWindow interface to simplify window system integration, and an eq::util::BitmapFont as a simple helper to draw 2D bitmap fonts.