November 9th, 2011
· A new plugin for viewing PDF documents was added.
· It is based on the poppler-glib library.
April 26th, 2011
· The text file viewer got support for showing UTF-16 files.
· The core graphics functions do not reduce the color space any longer.
· The colors of control panels and dialogs were revised.
· The file manager got a theme interface and some themes for directory entry panels, and it also got an autosave function for the view settings.
· The window now shows a wait cursor when the main thread is blocked.
· Minor fixes and improvements were applied.
November 6th, 2010
· The emNetwalk plugin game got a better graphics design, and it was extended by a Dig Mode option. If that is enabled, pieces are dug in and cannot be rotated until they are reached by a server connection.
August 15th, 2010
· Eagle Mode has a new plugin application, emNetwalk, which is a clone of the addictive Netwalk puzzle game where pieces of a computer network have to be rotated in order to connect terminals to a server.
· In contrast to other implementations, emNetwalk has a very sophisticated random network generator which allows a more free and exact game configuration.
June 11th, 2010
· Added a better SVG image file viewer (but not on Windows).
· Added support for new archive file types: lzma, xz, tar.lzma, tar.xz.
· Minor fixes.
January 18th, 2010
· Added file manager commands for Windows.
· Added cosmos and plugin configurations for Windows.
· Extended the make system by a pack command for creating installation packages (deb, rpm, setup.exe...).
· Video player: hide mouse pointer and disable screensaver.
· Minor fixes and improvements.
May 7th, 2009
· Implemented the freedesktop.org startup notification protocol (client side).
· Fixed some minor bugs.
April 21st, 2009
· Added emLKC which is a Linux Kernel Configurator based on Eagle Mode (see $EM_DIR/res/emLKC/README or find it in the virtual cosmos).
March 20th, 2009
· Made the built-in font extensible (see $EM_DIR/res/emCore/font/README).
· Added some more characters to the built-in font, mainly Latin ones.
February 19th, 2009
· Extended emCore by a programming interface for multi-threading.
· Made all functions and classes thread-reentrant.
January 16th, 2009
· Adapted to Mac OS X 10.5
October 29th, 2008
· Installation was made easier by removing certain X11 extension dependencies.
· Support for creating and viewing CD/DVD image files was added.
· The loading of configurations was improved, so that the user could copy certain directories from host config to user config, and modify them there.
· Finally, besides minor fixes and improvements, the Unified High-Level Interface to C/C++ Compilers ("unicc") was rewritten.
· Now it's a framework with plugin modules, with support for parallel compilation, and with the ability to handle Windows resource files.