November 12th, 2008
· pop up a message when the right kernel isn't running
· halcmd will now show an error message instead of segfaulting when inadequate locked memory is available
· allow emc2-sim to be built on 8.04
· stepconf: fix "negative SCALE" problem reported by Christopher Purcell
· comp: fix bad C code generated from variable array declarations such as 'variable double output;'
· documentation improvments
· axis: "touch off" of rotary axis on metric machine
· hostmot2: Support all the PCI, PC/104-Plus, and EPP "Anything I/O" boards: 5i20, 5i22, 5i23, 4i65, 4i68, and 7i43. PCI users should switch from hm2_5i20 to hm2_pci driver.
· hostmot2 changes: Config changes required! pwmgen.scale now works as advertised; stepgen timing params are "u32 ns" instead of "float seconds"; and stepgens now have a .enable pin which needs setting.
· hostmot2 feature additions: Added PDM mode for pwmgen; PWM and PDM frequency are now settable by the user; implemented stepgen maxaccel and maxvel; support open-drain GPIOs; all GPIOs now have some representation in HAL (though the ones used by module instances are restricted); encoder improvements.
· Lots of hostmot2 bug fixes, mostly with pwmgen and stepgen. Thanks to all the brave testers!