New in version 0.8.1
June 27th, 2011
- official builds of 0.8.0 didn’t work on Windows 2000
- a number of crasher bugs
- stair colouring on the “X” map was sometimes wrong
- spores produced by Jiyva’s wrath could be converted by Fedhas
- running could fail to notice items being found
- Ashenzari worshippers could change armour under cursed cloaks
- certain values of LC_CTYPE could cause display corruption
- felids resting could take lots of CPU
- power failures or system crashes were likely to cause save corruption on MacOS X
- Kikubaaqudgha’s torment invocation didn’t grant you xp
New in version 0.7.1 (September 20th, 2010)
- Monster double actions due to energy randomisation always include a move.
- Greatly accelerate armour training when armour is heavy relative to skill.
- Make heavy armour guaranteed damage reduction percentage independent of armour skill.
- Heavy armour doesn't affect weapon speed anymore.
- Shields reduce attack speed.
- Nagas and worshippers of Cheibriados don't suffer from as much hunger.
- New mini-game, Dungeon Sprint.
- New tutorial, old tutorial is now a hints mode.
- Aptitudes now on a scale +5 to -5.
- Track the source of poison for death messages.
- Magic mapping and Lugonu's self-banishment now work in Pandemonium.
- Ghouls can no longer starve; they just rot faster.
New in version 0.5.2 (February 22nd, 2010)
- Fixed tiles crashes with certain resolutions.
- DCSS now builds on FreeBSD straight out of the box.
- DCSS now uses git for version control.
- Fixed Lee's Rapid Deconstruction having no effect at low levels.
- Fixed weird beam tiles for unknown beam types.
- Fixed Xom's infinite teleportation journeys.
- Fixed disconnected pan vaults.
- Fixed missile +1 enchantment not reducing mulch rate.
- Fixed some issues with melded equipment.
- Fixed casting of spells on slot 'I' being impossible.
- Fixed temporary unlinked item bug.
- Fixed monsters being unable to pick up or carry healing potions.
- Fixed mummy monsters drinking potions.
- Fixed stationary monsters floundering in shallow water.
- Fixed minivaults sometimes being placed without overlapping floor squares.
- Fixed friendly fire among monsters.
- Fixed insane damage dealt by Pain card.
- Fixed clawed butchering both removing gloves and unwielding weapon.
- Fixed submerged shapeshifters not unsubmerging properly.
- Fixed monster mephitic cloud not working against the player properly.
- Removed entry vaults with lethal fog generators for now.
- Get rid of out of depth eels in fountains.
- Greatly tweak ice cave vaults.
- Some other vault tweaks.
- All worms except brain worm and all wasps are now mindless.
- Demonspawn Troggies don't get Channeling anymore.
- Z does not show spell list automatically anymore.
- Added an option "darken_beyond_range" (defaults to true) for spell ranges.
- Default "force_more_message = You fall through a shaft" to true.
- Reintroduced out of sight mouseover descriptions for Tiles.
- Replaced post-explosion -More- prompt with a delay.
- In the ASCII version, colour silenced grids cyan.
New in version 0.5 (July 11th, 2009)
- Four new portal vaults
- A new species and occupation
- Several new uniques and monsters
- More convenient transformations
New in version 0.4.5 (January 20th, 2009)
- This release fixes an infinite loop when attempting to create randarts named after gods.
- It also fixes the re-do command wasting a turn, a Swap card not checking for terrain, and corpses not appearing in Tiles inventory.
New in version 0.4.4 (December 29th, 2008)
- This release fixes numerous bugs and has several improvements to the interface.