February 22nd, 2013
· Totally new installer that can perform a standard Linux installation, with localization settings (language, timezone, keyboard) and dual boot for example.
· Many video and printer drivers added.
· LiveCD files, the ISO files, can now be booted directly from an USB key, which means Hyperborea will not propose Live USB files anymore.
· LiveCD localization settings are now in boot parameters for an easier access. In a near future, users will be able to easily and quickly change localization settings in the ISO file without requiring re-downloading or rebuilding the entire CD.
July 3rd, 2012
· official support for Finnish, Galician, and Norwegian (Nynorsk) —which increases the number of official languages to 28
· the size of the application launcher icons in the advanced activities of Gondwanda is now computed based on screen resolution (see [LxLauncher: automatic icon size for a nicer interface-curiosity>http://blog.doudoulinux.org/post/20...] on our blog)
· internal disk partitions of the computer are now mounted read-only at boot —to protect them from the childrens curiosity and… mistakes!
· translations and PDF documentations have been updated
March 28th, 2012
· Many new applications and games, see the updated page New applications
· Deep code refactoring under the skin due to the ARM™ port
· Improved look & feel compared to the previous development version
· Size of icons in advanced activities is now computed at boot to occupy around half the screen area
· Added playlists for online music and videos using contents from archive.org
December 12th, 2011
· new application PixFrogger
· animated splash during system boot
· autologin can be activated by selecting only one activity in the activities menu
· internal hard disks are now all mounted read-only at boot, which really prevents children from writing on them, and even from reading using the file explorer PCManfm
· Verbiste is now on the Italian CD since it can now conjugate Italian verbs
September 30th, 2011
· official support for Czesh, Danish, German, Hungarian, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal) and Telugu
· new small tool to change the user’s name on the local network
· Songwrite is now in its latest version to solve language issues
· translation issues with Stopmotion and Vkeybd (the piano keyboard) have been solved
· missing translation messages on Transifex have been provided for several applications
· translation of boot and shutdown texts in splash images have also been solved
· a basic video driver is forced on recent Poulsbo hardware to avoid a black screen
· annoying print dialogs for all the advanced activities have been discarded
· embedded PDF documentation has been updated
· fixed Russian PDF documentation
· added the Russian version of the song Brother John.