DoudouLinux 2.0 - Changelog
What's new in DoudouLinux 2013-02:February 22nd, 2013
- Totally new installer that can perform a standard Linux installation, with localization settings (language, timezone, keyboard) and dual boot for example.
- Many video and printer drivers added.
- LiveCD files, the ISO files, can now be booted directly from an USB key, which means Hyperborea will not propose Live USB files anymore.
- LiveCD localization settings are now in boot parameters for an easier access. In a near future, users will be able to easily and quickly change localization settings in the ISO file without requiring re-downloading or rebuilding the entire CD.
What's new in DoudouLinux 1.2:July 3rd, 2012
- official support for Finnish, Galician, and Norwegian (Nynorsk) —which increases the number of official languages to 28
- the size of the application launcher icons in the advanced activities of Gondwanda is now computed based on screen resolution (see [LxLauncher: automatic icon size for a nicer interface-curiosity>http://blog.doudoulinux.org/post/20...] on our blog)
- internal disk partitions of the computer are now mounted read-only at boot —to protect them from the childrens curiosity and… mistakes!
- translations and PDF documentations have been updated
What's new in DoudouLinux 2012-03:March 28th, 2012
- Many new applications and games, see the updated page New applications
- Deep code refactoring under the skin due to the ARM™ port
- Improved look & feel compared to the previous development version
- Size of icons in advanced activities is now computed at boot to occupy around half the screen area
- Added playlists for online music and videos using contents from archive.org
What's new in DoudouLinux 2011-11:December 12th, 2011
- new application PixFrogger
- animated splash during system boot
- autologin can be activated by selecting only one activity in the activities menu
- internal hard disks are now all mounted read-only at boot, which really prevents children from writing on them, and even from reading using the file explorer PCManfm
- Verbiste is now on the Italian CD since it can now conjugate Italian verbs
What's new in DoudouLinux 1.1:September 30th, 2011
- official support for Czesh, Danish, German, Hungarian, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal) and Telugu
- new small tool to change the user’s name on the local network
- Songwrite is now in its latest version to solve language issues
- translation issues with Stopmotion and Vkeybd (the piano keyboard) have been solved
- missing translation messages on Transifex have been provided for several applications
- translation of boot and shutdown texts in splash images have also been solved
- a basic video driver is forced on recent Poulsbo hardware to avoid a black screen
- annoying print dialogs for all the advanced activities have been discarded
- embedded PDF documentation has been updated
- fixed Russian PDF documentation
- added the Russian version of the song Brother John.