New in version 2.12
January 25th, 2014
- cmdline: The --basepath option now replaces "~" or "~user" with the users home directory.
- documentation: Added install instructions at doc/install.txt
- comics: Fix AbstruseGoose, AxeCop, BardsWorth, DemolitionSquad.
- comics: Remove broken ChugWorth.
New in version 2.11 (January 16th, 2014)
- comics: Added CampComic, EatThatToast, FoulLanguage, PoorlyDrawnLines and StandStillStaySilent.
New in version 2.4 (June 25th, 2013)
- comics: Added LinuxComFridayFunnies and OnTheFasttrack.
- cmdline: The --continue option fetched only one image. Closes: GH bug #32
New in version 2.2 (April 30th, 2013)
- comics: Added ARedTailsDream, Carciphona, Curtailed, GirlGenius, Lackadaisy, SabrinaOnline, TheDreamlandChronicles, TwoGuysAndGuy and Unsound. Patches by Dirk Reiners. Closes: GH bug #29
- comics: Comics which are not updated anymore can now be marked. Closes: GH bug #30
- cmdline: Ignore trailing '/' at end of comic names. Useful when using shell completion to pick comics. Patch by Dirk Reiners.
- comics: Fix DorkTower, MadamAndEve and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and improve image filenames of CtrlAltDel. Patches by Dirk Reiners.
New in version 2.1 (April 15th, 2013)
- comics: Add some comic descriptions from their webpages.
- cmdline: Fix output encoding errors on comic listing. Closes: GH bug #24
New in version 1.14 (March 22nd, 2013)
- comics: Added KeenSpot comic strips and enable ComicGenesis comic strips
- comics: Added CucumberQuest, DasLebenIstKeinPonyHof, DemolitionSquad, DerFlix, DerTodUndDasMaedchen, DogHouseDiaries, FonFlatter, FullFrontalNerdity, GeeksNextDoor, Hipsters, KatzenfutterGeleespritzer, KickInTheHead, MyCartoons, OrnerBoy, ParallelUniversum, Ruthe, SandraAndWooGerman, WormWorldSaga. Closes: GH bug #15, #19
- comics: The scraper can check a list of previous and image link regular expressions, not only a single one.
- comics: Continue searching for images if one image is not found. Closes: GH bug #18
- comics: Fix dilbert image naming. Closes: GH bug #20
New in version 1.13 (March 12th, 2013)
- comics: Added comic strips AhoiPolloi, AxeCop, Bearmageddon, DeadWinter, HarkAVagrant, IAmArg, LoadingArtist, Nnewts, PHDComics, PokeyThePenguin, SnowFlame, WorldOfMrToast and Zwarwald.
- cmdline: Comic lists are displayed one page at a time.
- output: HTML output embeds the images in the page and show the page URLs.
- output: The --output option can be given multiple times.
- cmdline: Catch error when piping output to another program or file under Windows. Closes: GH bug #13
- cmdline: Catch error when multiple comics match. Closes: GH bug #16
- comics: Retry download on empty content to reduce empty file errors.
- comics: Don't save thumbnails in LookingForGroup. Closes: GH bug #17
New in version 1.12 (March 5th, 2013)
- comics: Added comic strips AlphaLuna, AlphaLunaSpanish, BrentalFloss BrentalFlossFit, BrentalFlossGuest, DangerouslyChloe, MagickChicks, MenageA3, Namesake, ShadowGirls, StickyDillyBuns.
- cmdline: Fix option parsing for -l, --singlelist and --version. Closes: GH bug #10
- comics: Ensure the file is written to disk on save and detect empty files as an error. Closes: GH bug #11
New in version 1.11 (March 2nd, 2013)
- comics: Added comic strips Caggage, ManlyGuysDoingManlyThings, SandraAndWoo and SupernormalStep.
- comics: Always use connection pooling when downloading pages or files.
- cmdline: Replace the deprecated argument parser optparse with argparse.
- installation: The Windows installer now adds a help entry to the start menu and has a flag to add dosage.exe to the PATH.
- comics: Correct the list of characters not to quote for URL path encoding. This fixes a lot of download errors of DrunkDuck comics.
- comics: Fixed a lot of comic strips (see git log for details). Closes: GH bug #8