October 25th, 2012Bug fixes:
· Volume-control was not installed with the rest of the applets.
· A small bug stopped volume-controll from starting on a fresh setup.
October 15th, 2012Features:
· The stand alone dock supports applets now. See list of applets below.
· The selection of themes that comes with DockbarX is renewed. All themes should work both horizontal and vertical.
· The appearence tab in dockbarx preferences has gotten a little face lift and all themes now comes with a info text that is shown when pushing the info button in appearence tab.
· The width of window titles in window list can be specified now if no previews are used.
· Rotate command to rotate pixmaps and icons. The composite command can also rotate the foreground pixmap by using the option angle.
· The if command has gotten a new option orient so that themes can look differently depending on the docks position (left, right, up or down).
· To simplify things different values for different orientations can also be set by usining sets. More info on this will be added later. For now read theme config to see examples (DMD glass is a good choise).
· Offsets and sizes can be set with in percent of the button size instead of only in absolut pixels. Combinations can also be used like "-3px-15%".
· Aspect ratios can be set separately when themes are used vertically by setting the option aspect_ratio_v in button_pixmap command.
· DockbarX (duh)
· Cardapio: An alternative gnome menu, launcher and much more. Cardapio has to be installed for it to work.
· Clock: Show time and if you want the date. The looks is changeable by changing fonts or using custom gnome clock applet strings (google it). On clicks orage will be launched if installed. If you want to launch something else change the gconf key /apps/dockbarx/applets/clock/command.
· Appindicator: Shows appindicators. Indicator-application needs to be installed for it to work.
· Volume control: Controls volume. Ported from AWN.
· Namebar/window titile/windowbuttons: Shows window title and/or close/maximize/minimize buttons on the panel to save screen space.
· And some bug fixes as well.
August 18th, 2011Features:
· Unity progress bars and counters (badges) are supported now as well as dynamic quicklists and urgent signals.
· Dockmanager progress bars and urgent signals are supported now. The badges are rewritten and have a new improved look.
· The mouse cursor is changed to the wait cursor when a program is launched from dockbarx.
· The dock can be set to dodge windows or to dodge the active window. See the behavior option in dock tab of preference.
· The dock tab of preference are now shown only if the dock is running when the preference window is opened. Hopefully this will reduce confusion for people who hasn't used the preference window of DockbarX before.
· DockbarX AWN applet can make AWN dodge windows or dodge the active window since avoid windows and intellihide of AWN only works when the taskbar is used. This can be set from the new AWN tab in Dockbarx preference.
· When AWN is set to autohide, the autohide is inhibited while a DockbarX window list is howered.
· The new AWN tab in preference is only shown if the DockbarX awn applet is running when when preference window is opened. Hopefully this will reduce confusion for people who hasn't used the preference window of DockbarX before.
· In agreement with the creator Izobalax, the license for the gaia theme is changed to CC 3.0 BY-SA so that it can be included in the official debian package.
· Related files didn't work for applications with more than one mimetype. Hopefully the related files feature will be more useful now when this bug is fixed!
· Bug #806990: DockbarX (the dock and the awn applet) crashed when closing Libreoffice Calc.
· Bug #779564: DockbarX gave all windows opacity 0 under some circumstances.
· Bug #809080: Closed apps were shown as running in the dock when not using autohide.
June 14th, 2011Features:
· DockbarX can run as a stand alone dock now. It is very basic and isn't meant to be an alround dock. It's meant to be used together with gnome-shell, wing-panel or other similar set-ups. For now the dock doesn't even have features autohide but it's light-weight compared to running AWN with DockbarX and the dock can avoid overlapping with other panels (unless you use compiz 0.9.x or gnome-shell) and it should behave correctly even with multiple monitors.
· Improved keyboard shortcut handling. Groups or windows are not selected until the modkey (eg. super key) is released.
· Number shortcuts similar to Unity's number shortcuts (but it handles multiple windows of a group in a better way than unity does IMHO). Use super+1 to select the first group, super+2 for the second and so on. (Opposed to unity, the number of the groups does not show when pressing the super key, you have to count for yourself.)
· Locked lists is another attempt to solve DockbarX Achilles heel: switching between windows in the same group is feels too slow when using programs like gimp. Locked lists offers a one click switch solution as long as you are prepared to sacrifice some screen real-estate. By selecting "Use locked list" from the group menu of a group with more than one window, you'll get a window list that stays open indefinitely. A mini panel for windows of that group, if you like.
· DockbarX supports Unity's quicklists (the static ones).
Large parts of the code has been rewritten since 0.43 so many bugs has been fixed unknowingly and some new has bugs has probaly appeared instead. Some important bug fixes are:
· Bug #540950: The long lasting bug where DockbarX crashes on login is probably fixed now.
· Bug #688442: Popup windows appearing on the wrong monitor in multi-monitor set-ups should be fixed as well.
· Compiz scale and swith actions works compiz 0.9 thanks to a patch by BlackDex
February 8th, 2011Features:
· Media buttons. All music players that shows up in ubuntus sound menu (in other words mediaplayers that uses mpris2 that includes Spotify Linux Preview that doesn't show up in ubuntus sound menu) has play/pause, previous and next buttons. You can disable them from preference window.
· DockbarX now supports helpers via DockManager. You have to install DockManager and enable it from dockbarx preference window before you can use it.
· Prism applications are separated from each other instead of being grouped together now.
· Small visual changes to window list and group menu. The look when using DockbarX without compositing is imporved a bit.
· DockbarX uses its own log now. When reporting bugs, include the file ~/.dockbarx/log/dockbarx.log (or any other of the numbered log files in that directory depending on how many times you restarted dockbarx since the bug last occurred). I hope this will help us catch a lot of small annoying bugs.
· Bug 694866: Windows were reported as Needing attention while they didn't anymore.
· Previews didn't move when windows were closed and were left outside of the window list.
· DockbarX opened wrong file you had multiple files with the same name in recent or most used menu.
· The .py is removed from the files dockbarx_factory and dbx_preference. This is done because Debian rules says you shouldn't use file name extensions in /usr/bin.
December 27th, 2010End user features:
· You can now choose if you want the close button on the window items or not.
· Close and Close all in group menu didn't work.
December 8th, 2010
· In DockbarX 0.41 the looks of the window list and the group button menu change quite a bit. The reason for these changes is the changes that other parts of the linux desktop is going through. Previous versions of DockbarX were made to blend in with gnome 2 and ubuntu notifications. DockbarX 0.41 is made to look more like Untiy, gnome-shell and docks. The new look is also a result of the positive response BigRZA's mockup got a few months back.
July 18th, 2010End user featuers:
· You can now easily edit and add custom launchers.
· Bug #606568: DockbarX crashed on upstart if zeitgeist were not installed.
· A small bug that caused missing icons.
June 24th, 2010End user features:
· DockbarX can now pin wine applications and is better at recognizing wine application launchers automatically.
· The preference dialog is redesigned to take less space (should even fit a eeepc 700 screen now) and to have the options in more intuitive places.
· Changing between showing and not showing previews doesn't require reloading DockbarX anymore.
· New translations added.
· Drag and drop for multiple files works now.
· Titles in Asian languages should use the correct font attributes for the whole window titles, instead getting the right attribute only for the first 50 letters.
· Possible bug fix for a situation where DockbarX couldn't open detect open windows. (Bug #592304)
June 4th, 2009
· A popup menu is added as a window button action (At right click in default settings).
· (Un)maximize all windows and (un)minimize all windows options are added to the group button popup menu.
· Brightness effect on launcher buttons are now only affecting the icon, not the whole button.
· New group button action Maximize all and new windows button action toggle maximized are added.
· Group button actions Select and Select or minimize no longer unlocks all locked windows in the group.
· Bug #374850 fixed: A small bug in the icon selection algorithm that caused dockbarx to crash in some situations. (Fix by Vermind, thx.)