January 7th, 2013
· fixed bug: during differential backup dar saved unchanged hard linked inode when a hard link on that inode was out of the -R root directory. This also has the effect to always save files with long names on NTFS filesystems (!)
· Adapted patch provided by Kevin Wormington (new messages displayed)
· Fixed syntax error in configure script about execinfo detection
· Removed unused AM_ICONV macro from configure script
· fixed bug met under Cygwin when auxiliary test command failed to link when libgcrypt was not available.
· updated mini-howto by Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz
· updating French message translations
· restricted security warning for plain files and hard linked plain files
· fixed display bug in dar_cp when manipulating files larger than 2 GB
· fixed SEGFAULT met when adding to a dar_manager database an archive which base name is an empty string
· improved error message, reporting the -B included file in which a syntax error has been met
· modified dar_manager database to consider both ctime and mtime as timestamp value for data of saved files. This suppresses the warning about badly ordered archives in database when at some files have been restores from a old backup
September 12th, 2012
· documentation fixes and updates
· improved database listing efficiency
· reduced memory usage of the caching layer in libdar
· fixed self reported bug caused by memory allocation failure
· fixed a SIGSEGV caused by double free in dar_xform when syntax
· error is met on command-line
· dar_xform was not able to properly transform archive generated by dar
· older than release 2.4.0
· fixed bug that lead dar be unable to remove a directory at
· restoration time
· replaced old remaining "bcopy" occurrence by a call to memcpy
· fixed compilation warning under ArchLinux
· fixed crash met while creating a backup with on-fly isolation
· fixed libdar behavior when reading a strongly corrupted encrypted
July 5th, 2012
· This version fixes an application crash, a compilation problem under Solaris, and several minor bugs.
June 25th, 2012
· fixed bug met while interrupting compressed archive creation, the resulting archive was only readable in --sequential-read mode
· fixed bug met while reading an interrupted archive in sequential reading mode. It lead dar to not release some objects from memory at the end of the operation, which displayed an ugly error message from libdar self check routine.
· fixed message reporting unknown system group when converting gid to name (was reporting unknown "user" instead of unknown "group")
· removing the $Id:$ macro from file as we moved from CVS to GIT
· updating package to distribute Patrick Nagel's scripts and documentation
· updated URL pointing to Patrick Nagel's web site
· updating documentation describing how to get source code from GIT (no more from CVS)
· fixed typo in configure.ac
· added info on how to build a brand-new dar tarball from source in GIT
· modifies the end of messages shown by -h option to point to man page for more _options_ rather than _details_
· replaced − in the HTML generated documentation by a standard ASCII dash
· fixed alignment bug in CRC calculation that lead libdar based application to crash on sparc-based systems.
April 17th, 2012
· This version brings several fixes that lead dar to display error messages at end of execution under certain environments.
· If fixes a segmentation fault that could be met while comparing an archive with the filesystem.
· It also lets dar link with libexecinfo under systems that provide it, and lets dar restore from differential backups directories that have been recorded as unchanged since the archive of reference was done.
· It updates all provided sample scripts to be compatible with dar's --min-digit new option.
March 19th, 2012
· fixed man pages in the NAME section: added whatis entry
· fixed segfault: in the internal error reporting code (delete in
· place of free())
· fixed bug: dar_manager was not able to read properly the latest
· generated databases version when having Extended Attributes recorded for
· some files
· avoided reporting unreleased memory block when compilation
· optimization have been used (dar, dar_manager, dar_cp, dar_slave,
· dar_xform do all reported unreleased memory when gcc optimization was
· used in "infinint" mode)
February 27th, 2012
· This version brings some minor enhancements concerning memory usage and execution speed.
· It also contains a bugfix for dar_manager.
July 22nd, 2011
· This version brings some minor bugfixes, documentation updates, and a single new feature for the dar_manager program necessary to keep available a behavior similar to older versions.
March 14th, 2011
· This is a maintenance release that fixes a few bugs.
· The code removing slices of an old archive was fixed.
· The libdar was improved to be more robust when reading a very corrupted archive, which would otherwise lead dar in an endless loop.
· Several occurrences of double memory release were fixed.
May 22nd, 2009
· fixed bashism in doc/examples/pause_every_n_slice.duc sample script [SF 2020090]
· added Jason Lewis's script "dar_backups.sh" which is an enhanced version of n the script done by Roi Rodriguez Mendez & Mauro Silvosa Rivera.
· added message asking software upgrade to handle case when new archive format (used by dar >= 2.4.0) is provided to dar
· very little optimization of the reading process of EA
· updated FAQ
· replaced "Catalogue" by "Archive Contents" in output message (-l -v).
· added Sergey Feo's patch to dar_par.dcf
· added check against stddef.h header file presence in configure script
· fixed spelling
· added Charles's Script in doc/sample
· added -q option to dar
· added licensing exception to allow distribution of dar beside OpenSSL library
· Bug fix: during archive diff (only), dar restore atime of file in the backup instead of file in the system before opening it for reading.
· tested dar with valgrind