New in version 4.1.0
July 9th, 2015
- This version contains the new web server as part of the existing server architecture.
- This replaces the old web module as was delivered with version 3 but never made it into version 4. The web server delivers the following functionality:
- Searching for items (Search..)
- Creating new item (File > Create New)
- Edit item (Right-Click > Edit)
- Navigation between items (for example, open a software title, then click on it's
- category, then see which other items have been assigned to this category, etc.).
- Picking fields for the overview and the item form (web). (Settings > ..)
- Full security model has been implemented
- This web server delivers the same basic functionality (with a tad more style) as the old web module and will be expanded upon with each and every normal (4.x) delivery
- Note: this web server is a module of the existing (since 4.0) server edition. It allows the server to serve both full (thick) clients as well as web clients at the same time. The web server uses an embedded version of Tomcat, version 8.0.23.
- Change password on a network client caused errors / did not work.
- NullPointerException during start up for users with very limited rights logging onto the server.
- MP4 support for Movie File import. Many thanks Lars K�vari!
- The Data Crow Server manual has been updated to reflect the 4.1 changes.
New in version 4.0.16 (May 31st, 2015)
- TheGamesDB.net online service has been implemented.
- Credentials for the server can now be supplied through the datacrow.credentials file. The Server Manual has been updated to explain this further.
- Fixed MobyGames.com; Picture import was not working.
- MovieMeter.nl was not updated to use the new API. Re-implemented this service.
- New Item Wizard was closed after notifying an empty field was left empty (loss of data)
- Update All Problems; error when renumbering.
- Update All Problems; check box field value was always applied. Will now only be applied if checked / value has been set.
- Update All Problems; with auto numbering enabled, the same value was applied to all. Auto numbering fields have been removed from the update all dialog.
- The -userdir: parameter was not checked on it's format; \ or / is now appended if missing.
- Right-click menu for child records (such as Sort, Launch File and Update All) was incorrectly executing the commands against the main record.
- Maintain tabs; on removal of a tab the tabs was still being diplayed in the list.
- Checkboxes, with their initial value, always caused the item to be marked as changed.
- Stop button was not enabled when the Mass Update task was started.
- Updated the Brazilian translation; thanks ever so much Gustavo Rezende!
- Corrected the Portuguese translation; thanks ever so much Pedro!
- The custom label field in the General Field Settings is now represented as an editable text field to avoid confusion.
- The Multiplayer? field of the game module has been replaced by two checkbox field "Multiplayer Game" and "Cooperative Multiplayer". This removes the Yes/No field. For existing installations the field is disabled (not removed).
New in version 4.0.14 (January 14th, 2015)
- Data Crow server performance has been improved. Performance is still not optimal but has been increased but approximately 25%. Images are now served by Jetty, which will also be used for hosting the web application (version 4.1). Additionally the connection between client and server is reused (as it should be) instead of established on each request.
New in version 4.0.12 (January 4th, 2015)
- User fields not visible on the form.
- Conversion from single reference to multi-reference could fail in case of invalid entries in the database.
- Portuguese help files, major thanks to Pedro (pmraps)!
New in version 4.0.11 (January 3rd, 2015)
- Discogs.com has been removed due to the restrictive authentication flow.
- Security fix; regardless of the field security settings fields were still shown to users.
- Fixed an issue with non US-ASCII filenames; backup process failed.
- Issue with custom reference fields linked to the music album module. These always showed up as a "Record Label" module.
- Item importer; child items on update of existing items failed. Trying to update an existing music album would not update the music tracks.
- Parent key cannot be NULL exception when trying to save a music album after updating it with an online service.
New in version 3.12.5 (October 10th, 2013)
- Ratings again shown as boxes in the quick view. Fixed - for now and ever.
- File Importer issues fixed where items were not added to the view (but became visible after a restart). Rare occurrence.
- Module settings for Software table view caused columns to show multiple times. Default setting has been fixed.
- Deletion no longer allowed from Media module. Enabling this would cause deletion in general to go a lot slower.
- Category was no longer processed correctly for the Softpedia online search.
- After an import the view will now always refresh instead of adding the items one by one immediately after they have been processed. This improves speed and just works a better.
- Removed setting "Add directly" from file import; Data Crow will now always add items directly.
New in version 3.12.4 (October 7th, 2013)
- Error in the "Copy Module Wizard".
- Ratings not displayed (depending on font settings) in the quick view panel.
- Mobygames.com service was not working correctly after update of their site.
- Cannot create new person-modules.
- Upgrade error fixed for older versions.
- Spelling errors (lend/lent)
- CSV item importer could result in errors.
- IMDB.com service down. Switched to http://www.omdbapi.com for now.
- Rating star images have been changed.
- Added ISBN 10 and ISBN 13 fields to the quick filter.
- The Mobygames.com online search has been rewritten completely.
New in version 3.12.3 (September 9th, 2013)
- Alter module wizard: change field; maximum length always defaulted to 255.
- Potential issue for Template Name and Default field. These could conflict with the normal fields of the module.
- Exported field order is now the same each time.
- Item matching on import is now also done on the "key fields".
New in version 3.12.2 (August 16th, 2013)
- Updated German translation: big thanks to Ralf Geiß!
- Template default and name have been moved to the "Template Properties" tab.
- Changes not saved using the quick filter on resource editor.
- Filter not saved when value is empty.
- Template not applied to items retrieved by the online search.
- Templates overview settings incorrect
New in version 3.12.1 (August 4th, 2013)
- Icons for containers not shown in trees, fields and in the quick view.
- Icon for modules disappears in the Media module.
- Error loading setting if value is erroneously empty.
- Merging property items will now also update the "alternative names" field, merging items returned from online searches, etc., automatically.
- In the past, due to performance issues, I had refrained from updating trees in case a property was changed. This has now been fully implemented; changing an icon will immediately be reflected on trees, multi-reference views and the quick view panel.
- Added quick filter to the related items and fixed the sorting.
- Added quick filter for the items tab of containers. Sorting cannot be fixed just yet.
- Several minor layout changes (button alignment) such as for the tool select wizard and the update all dialog.
- Added a right-click option for the related items tab of the item form to remove the selected items as a reference.
New in version 3.12 (August 3rd, 2013)
- Poor version 3.11. It only took a couple of days and then it got replaced by version 3.12. This really is for the most part a cosmetic edition. I have changed the layout a bit further. This is also a preparation for the web GUI since I want to keep the layout for both the same, for as far as possible. Due to the list of changes made and the addition of new functionality I have decided to release this as a normal version instead of a minor version.
- The property items overview (found in the Administration menu) gained a new tool: delete unassigned items. This will remove all properties not assigned to any other item For example a category not used in software items will be removed.
- Another new tool for the properties module is the merge functionality. Having many categories (for example) which actually have the same meaning? Merge them all into one property. All references to the properties will be corrected (without duplication, of course).
- The Resource Editor now has find and replace functionality.
- The screen is now much cleaner and it makes the application look simpler.
- The file associations setting now also allows parameters to be defined.
- New items tab has been removed.
- Online Search will now directly save the item instead of adding the item to the "new" tab.
- Chart tab has been removed. You can open the new charts dialog from the tools menu as well as from the tool bar.
- Create Multiple Items tool has been added (as a replacement for the new items tab).
- Item importer will open the new items dialog to lists the imported items before saving them.
- The module bar has been changed. Labels have been removed. Additionally the select module section has been improved. Selecting a sub module will highlight it on the main module panel.
- Improved startup time by building forms on demand instead of on startup (where possible) 4.9 seconds on an almost empty database in 3.12 against 6.0 seconds on the same database with version 3.11.1.
- ISBNdb.com has been changed and the information is of limited use now to Data Crow. This service has been disabled.
- Help has been updated to reflect all of the above (press F1 once in a while just for the sake of using it).
- The Find and Replace utility now also allows you to change one reference with another.
- Update all now refreshed the overview after updating the items (instead of updating one by one).
- On startup Data Crow tried to modify files in the installation folder, causing problems for Windows platforms. Data Crow can now be launched without administrator permissions.
- Applying settings such as the language change was only properly applied after a restart.
- Sort order of persons has been fixed (always sorts on complete name now, takes care of rewritten names).
- Screen parts resized ever so slightly and ever so annoyingly.
- Could not really tell which module was selected.
- Fix for launching files from the Quick View Panel.
- Column order for tables not correctly applied.
New in version 3.11.1 (August 1st, 2013)
- Logger not initialized error message on prompt / console.
- File launcher fixes (for all platforms).
- Indicated "run as administrator" for the data crow executable and the setup executables Column names in the database are no longer allowed to start with a digit. The module wizards have been updated accordingly.
- Still a Log4j not initialized message at the command prompt, argh.., fixed forever!
- Imdb.com not working.
- Paths for files linked to items are now handled a bit differently;
- a) if the file is located in the Data Crow installation directory a relative filename is used.
- b) if you are using drive mappings across Windows / Linux the backslashes and slashes will be corrected as well.
- The original filename is stored unmodified(!)
- the user folder selector now checks for:
- a) existing folder selected, containing files (continue y/n).
- b) moving from one location to another (move files y/n).
- c) root folder not allowed as a Data Crow user folder.
- Readme.txt added for the installer (which setup executable to use..)
- Readme.txt of Data Crow updated.
New in version 3.11.0 (July 25th, 2013)
- iCalendar export for the loan administration (Tools > iCalendar Loan Export)
- New online search (TheMovieDB.org). This online search supports searching for movie information in multiple languages.
- Tag words functionality has been added to all top modules. Easily add and remove tags to items. Tags are the same across all modules. Auto-completion while typing is supported to re-use existing tags.
- Various potential resource leaks have been discovered and fixed.
- Potential errors in video parser have been fixed.
- Changed the backup process to ignore any "non-DataCrow" files.
- Number of pages returned from Google Books was incorrect (103 was shown as 10).
- Setup executable files now available for both the 32bit and the 64bit Java version.
- Issue with the CD reader "Executable name has embedded quote, split the arguments java" has been fixed.
- Added parameter "port:" to specify the port to be used by the web server on start up.
- In case the user folder is cleaned Data Crow will re-initialize the folder.
- Added the option to change the user folder on startup. You can hide this question on next runs. The option is always available from the settings menu.
- For new users only - font size increased from 11 to 12. Note that you can change the font and its size yourself from within Settings > Settings > Font.
- Newly supported file types for the file importer are now configured automatically.
- jAudioTagger library update from 2.0 to 2.2.
- Filter error when filtering on the due date from / to in the loan administration.
- Various small improvements to the loan administration panel such as a cancel button for the current search action.
- Allow multiple items to be returned from the loan administration overview (right-click, select Loan Administration).
- Lending containers will now also lend all its item. Same applies for returning an container.
New in version 3.10.2 (July 3rd, 2013)
- 64 bit JRE not detected by executable of Data Crow
- Incorrect Font when saving settings (while not having changed the font settings)
- Issue with web application where read only user only sees ID values for drop downs.
- Issue with extracting ISBN information from PDF files (old libraries updated to current versions - thanks Gene!).
New in version 3.10.1 (May 24th, 2013)
- Image not saved when updated through an online service.
- Saving the field settings for property modules also changes the quick view settings of the currently active module
- Table view shows the same column multiple times.
- Mass Update does not save images.
New in version 3.9.25 (May 11th, 2013)
- More upgrade errors for old versions have been fixed. This time it's related to old columns still being present due to failed upgrades in the past. The upgrade process will now actively check for these and correct where necessary.
- Performance bug in the table view.
- Lend items in the loan administration are not shown by title.
- Sometimes the items in the quick view for the container items are not sorted alphabetically
- Small change to the module selection panel.
New in version 3.9.23 (May 1st, 2013)
- Sourceforge.net search did not work correctly.
- OFDB online search no longer retrieved the genres correctly.
- Templates cannot have image / image not saved.
- Startup error in case default data is present for non existing module.
- When selecting a new user directory through the parameters Data Crow does not set up the user folder. This results in you only having access to the user module.
- The directory for upgrade script was not yet transferred to the new user folder. This was no problem for upgrading, however, for new conversion required Data Crow could not have any write privileges to these files.
- Newly added fields (using the Alter Module Wizard) are now enabled by default in the general field settings.
- Imdb.com movie search now uses ImdbApi.org instead of Imdb.com web site parsing. Language setting now only applies to the localized title name. All other texts, etc, will be retrieved in English. This is a deliberate change as the web parsing is very error prone and hard to maintain. Note that you are limited to 3000 searches per hour.
- Items shown for the container module are now sorted alphabetically.
New in version 3.9.22 (April 30th, 2013)
- Fixed multiple upgrade issues (not being able to log in after upgrade). The system will correct problems on startup for failed upgrades or else when newly upgrading.
- A check will be done on startup to correct, if necessary, any inconsistencies in the database.
- Issue with the file importer; resource consumption has been lowered.
- Issue with the file importer; check whether an item already exists has been improved.
- Searching on ISBN for books does not work in case the ISBN contains an X.
- Fixed the CSV import for text containing a double quote character.
- Added checks for the Quick Filter.
- Updated version of the Italian translation from Marco Artioli (thanks!).
New in version 3.9.21 (February 11th, 2013)
- Minor fixes for the restore process.
- Fix for the HSQL upgrade.
- Ratings from IMDB.com were no longer retrieved.
- Various small optimizations.
- Updated the German translation - thanks to Norman Weimar
- Prevent users from selecting the installation folder as the user folder. The user folder is and was meant to separate the installation folder from the user folder. Mostly because the OS these days add additional security to the installation folders not allowing ordinary users to change files. You can still select a folder inside off the Data Crow installation folder.
New in version 3.9.20 (February 4th, 2013)
- [Fixed] - Changed the restore and backup process to support backups larger than 4.28GB with the use of TrueZip.
New in version 3.9.19 (January 26th, 2013)
- Users can now safely upgrade from version 3.8.16 and early; without losing of pictures.
- Small uses during upgrades in general such as an empty log form shown after 3 or more upgrade scripts.
- Title rewriter and name rewriter work again. There was an issue after the upgrade of the database engine.
- It is not possible to specify the user directory relative to the Data Crow installation folder. Start the name with a dot (.) to make the path relative to the installation folder; ./data or .\data. This only works for the -userdir: parameter.
- The File Importer now allows the online search to always pick the first result.
New in version 3.9.18 (January 19th, 2013)
- Pfew, the changes I made took quite a number of releases. I hope to have it under control now. The backup and restore now works correct again. The issue with the upgrade of the database not working is mainly a security issue on the various platforms. The only solution is, when prompted, to run the command as stated in the message box from the command line / command prompt / terminal.
- [Fixed] - Backup and restore ignores custom made modules.
New in version 3.9.17 (January 14th, 2013)
- Improved module importer
- Added a parameter "-userdir:" to overwrite the determination of the user directory altogether. This allows for running multiple instances of Data Crow looking at separate user directories.
- Start up errors for new installations of Data Crow.
- Module images not shown on the web due to incorrect path in user directory.
New in version 3.9.16 (January 14th, 2013)
- You can now select a user folder where all data is stored. This helps in avoiding the Windows problem of protected folders in the C:\Program Files\ folders as well as protected folders on other systems. On startup you will be asked to select the user folder. After selecting the folder Data Crow will migrate your data to this folder and will use this folder from then on.
- Upgrade error for Linux users.
- Icons not shown in the multi-reference fields.
New in version 3.9.15 (January 7th, 2013)
- In the web client sorting for numbers was incorrect (1,12,2 instead of 1,2,12).
- In the web client information for multi-reference fields was sometimes duplicated.
- Multi-reference fields could not be edited in the web client.
- Remove option in the "New items" tab did not always work.
- Defining a template disrupts the online search functionality.
- Permissions for users incorrectly saved. Currently incorrect permissions will be removed from the system.
- Login name field for persons of an incorrect height.
- Discogs.com has been fixed; images are now retrieved again.
- ArrayOutOfBoundsException when removing all tabs from the item form settings.
- Slow speed for web client for searching.
- Imdb.com not working fully.
- BOL.COM not working at all
- Charts: now also possible to create charts for fields such as author, publisher, etc.
- Templates are no longer allowed to overwrite existing values.
- Changed the layout (default settings) for the user module.
- The database has been upgraded to HSQL 2.2.9 (from 1.8). This is not an easy upgrade hence the extra prompt and restart when opening Data Crow.
- Upgraded to the latest version of JTattoo (for the Look and Feel), version from August 2012.
- Upgraded to the latest version of IzPack for the installer.
New in version 3.9.13 (June 9th, 2012)
- [Known issues] - The Barnes & Nobles service was broken beyond repair. Unfortunately their web service is not operational either and I have had to decide to either continue support lacking the web service or to discontinue this service. [Changes] - Improved German translation (thanks Maase!) - Create Multiple for audio tracks now starts the numbering based on the highest track number currently in use - Small changes to the loan information; removed "days till overdue" and added "status" and "# days" - The Loan administration form will now open the loan information directly on a double click [New] - Google.com book search, allows for searching both on keywords and ISBNs - Greatly improved loan administration overview; you can now search for loans and also choose to see only current and/or historic loans. [Fixed] - Descriptions and images as retrieved from Sourceforge.net have been improved - Web application does not show any items when one of the loan fields has been selected -  The file importers now check on the item ID (if it exists) to find the existing item - Amazon service will now retrieve all authors and publishers - Bol.com service for books was broken and now fixed - Discogs.com service needed to be updated to reflect site changes (no tracks retrieved) - The web client shows an item multiple times in case it has multiple references. - The web client shows null, null for some references instead of nothing in case there is no value set - The web client suppresses information in case an item does not hold a value for the selected field. If categories are selected in the web field settings any item not having a category will not be shown. Now, they will be included. - Longer wait time for the file synchronizer when there are no items found to synchronize (high CPU usage) - Loan administration window size is not remembered. - Loan administration overview is cleared when clicking on a column header - The loan administration overview now refreshes after returning an item - Date field cannot be cleared - Data Crow GUI will not close until the database has successfully been closed. This to prevent situations where Data Crow started again while the database still in use by the previous
New in version 3.9.12 (March 10th, 2012)
- Added an option for the mass update to always use the first result. Note that this option does not work together with the 'use original settings' option.
- Added epub, microsoft Word documents, odt and chm support for the eBook file importer.
- Fixed the check for existing external references to avoid problems when saving.
- , , , ,  NullPointer when saving items.
-  Multiple author creation (unconfirmed fix).
-  IMDB.com; USA search doesn't work goes to default.
-  IMDB-Import for Actors/Directors does not import pictures.
-  Undo current filter still does not work.
- Issue with the mass update where not all items are being updated (caching issue).
New in version 3.9.11 (December 30th, 2011)
- Filter ascending on multiple fields did not work correctly.
- Filters could not be saved for multiple relationship fields. After a restart of Data Crow they would appear as having a blank filter value.
- Saving a filter will now immediately update the quick filter tool bar.
- Errors related to an unexpected appearance of the COMPANY column in the database for persons. This column has now been removed to prevent NullPointerExceptions.
- ISBNDB.com: error message when retrieving the number of pages for books.
- ISBNDB.com: error message when retrieving publishers and authors.
- Description fields had a maximum length of 8000 characters. This size has now been changed to 2147483647 characters.
- Errors while merging external references.
- External references not updated after updating the item from an online search.
- NullPointerException while importing an item from a CSV file without mapping all fields.
- NullPointerException when selecting Undo Filter from the Filter menu.
- Upgrading from version 3.9.7 (or older) to 3.9.10 (or newer) is now no longer an issue.
- Incorrect size for multiple reference fields when viewing items as read only.
- Hyperlinks to items were not working.
- Support for underscores has been added to the file renamer.
- NullPointerException when searching for ASINs (related to CueCat scanner).
- Various upgrade problems from the 3.9.10 version related to the associate names; names empty after upgrade, names not shown in the table view
- Pictures not shown after removing one of the picture fields
- Bol.com no longer working
- Errors for online book searches after changing the category field to a multiple relationship field.
- Upgraded to the latest version of jAudioTagger (2.0.4)
- IMDB.com update for non US searches will now place the local title in the Title (local) field and the English title in the "Title field". This is only true if the setting "get local titles" is enabled. The option is off by default.
- Added an open to open items either in read only or edit mode by default. The setting can be found in Settings > Settings > General Settings. Additionally you now have two options in the right-click menu of an item "Edit" and "Open". By default the option has bee set to the old functionality which is to always open items in edit mode.
- Clicking on a column header will now ort the content of the table. Clicking again reverses the order.
New in version 3.9.10 (November 21st, 2011)
- Amazon Search broken.
- Field content not fully shown for large text fields.
- Imdb.com ratings not longer retrieved.
- Improved error handling and additional methods to prevent items from being saved.
- Removed AWS key configuration.
New in version 3.9.9 (June 19th, 2011)
- Sorting and format of person names has been corrected for reports.
- Images were not removed from the media images folders after the item has been deleted.
- An upgrade process will remove all images that really should have been deleted on removing the accompanying items.
- Images not always correctly updated by the online search.
- Default value for "Company / Organization" for associates is now set by default for company modules. Note that this value can be overruled by using a default template.
- The CSV importer will now import references correctly. Before it only supported single values. Now it actually supports multiple items (genres, categories). Values need to be comma separated.
New in version 3.9.8 (June 14th, 2011)
- Sorting of artists, authors and other persons has been fixed.
- Define fields in alter and create module wizard: Data Crow now correctly checks for the entered maximum length for a field.
- Item importer states that the items are imported directly into the database. However, the items are actually imported first into the new items tab. I have changed this so that the items actually are imported directly into Data Crow.
- The XML item importer for images imports an empty item for every imported image.
- Non property modules could no longer be used as a reference for other modules (reference fields).
- Define Fields dialog did not have a help page linked (pressing F1 shows an empty page).
- Change password dialog did not have a help page linked (pressing F1 shows an empty page).
- Loan information overview did not have a help page linked (pressing F1 shows an empty page).
- In many cases the help does not clearly state where to find the functionality or option.
- File Renamer functionality was broken due to performance problems.
- Possible undetected closure of the database connection.
- Discogs.com service was broken.
- References not correctly cleaned after removing an item.
- References are now always alphabetically ordered.
- Fields not visible after creating a module.
- Database is locked after creating a backup (restarting fixes the problem).
- For persons (such as artists and authors) the name field has been changed to read "Lastname, Firstname". On startup you will be asked to confirm the update.
- For associates (persons and companies) it can now be indicated whether it is a person or a company. For persons, the name will read "Lastname, firstname". For companies no name conversion is done.
- Picture field can no longer be set to be a descriptive field.
- For associates the descriptive field can now no longer be set manually, it will always be the name field.
- Define fields in alter and create module wizard has been changed to include: * Required = is the field mandatory * Descriptive = does the value of this field describe the item * Is key field = is this field use to check whether the item is unique * Tab = the tab of the item form in which the field is placed (replaces the "technical info" check box).
- Added an extra step to the module wizard to explain the additional settings that can be done for the module after Data Crow has been restarted.
- Order of the labels in the chart panel has been changed.
- Updated the help in many places.
New in version 3.9.7 (May 13th, 2011)
- This version contains bugfixes only.
New in version 3.9.6 (April 4th, 2011)
- Portuguese and English translation have been redone.
- Item form is opened twice from property views when another item was removed first.
- Memory usage when importing images from web or file information has been reduced.
- Memory leak for image saving and loading has been fixed.
- Pictures are sometimes not drawn in both the new and current items tabs.
- When checking whether an item already exists in the database (such as a language or country) Data Crow will now take trailing spaces into account. An update is performed during the upgrade to remove all trailing spaces from existing items (related to the IMDB.com movie search update)
- Cannot remove contact person when the person has lend items.
- An error is logged in the log file when updating or adding an item after opening the container module
New in version 3.9.5 (February 14th, 2011)
New in version 3.9.2 (January 10th, 2011)
- Could not sort on actors, authors, artists and other multiple-references fields. Note that the items are sorted based on the first entry of the multiple references field. So if you have assigned two actors to a movie, Jan Jansen and Richard Howard, the first entry will be used to sort the item (in this case Jan Jansen). Technically this has been accomplished by store the first string representation in a separate field which is used to base the sort on. This field is kept in synch with changes made (cleared in case no entries, updated with first entry in all other cases).
- Countries and properties could not be edited.
- Items not removed from the card view after saving them.
- Container tree does not get updated correctly with parent
- child relationships.
- Unconfirmed fix; memory leak when importing movies file information.
- Settings were only taken into account (import > online search) after the dialog was closed and re-opened.
- File import, search for additional information on sub items, did not work for actors and directors when working with imdb.com.
- Filter dialog could not be opened from within the Book module.
- After updating an item the node in the tree becomes unreadable (appended with .. and not showing the whole text)
- Web client advanced filter did not handle advanced filter correctly where no value is required.
- Associates are now part of a specialized associates module. The create module wizard now allows you to select the 'person' module type.
- You can now configure the maximum number of actors to be retrieved when querying for movies from Imdb.com. Click on the configure button next to the server drop down to change the value. By default all actors will be retrieved (old/current behavior).
- Fields can now be selected when exporting items (CSV/XML exports. Field selection is remembered for next time(s).
- Double-clicking a multiple references field now opens the select windows.
- Removed labels in quick view for images.
- Added additional filter operators for dates (today, days ago, days in the future, months ago and years ago.
- Known Issues:
- Removed the settings for persons (default sort order and display options); these did not work and need to be re-implemented. Planned for next version.
New in version 3.9.0 (November 16th, 2010)
- This new version delivers a major performance improvement.
New in version 3.9.0 Beta 6 (November 6th, 2010)
- Many broken features in Table view have been fixed.
- An extremely slow Auto Numberer and Title Rewriter have been fixed.
- Create Multiple works again.
- Slow Web client/server have been fixed.
New in version 3.9.0 Beta 3 (November 3rd, 2010)
New in version 3.9.0 Beta 2 (October 30th, 2010)
- This version does not deliver any new functionality. It is however a total makeover (although internally) of the product. Memory usage has been minimized as well as processor time required. This is the 2nd beta and should be tested by anyone willing to help out.
New in version 3.8.16 (June 20th, 2010)
- This version includes minor bug fixes only.
New in version 3.8.15 (June 16th, 2010)
- Contains important bug fixes and small improvements to the product.
New in version 3.8.13 (May 10th, 2010)
- Track titles were missing for Discogs.com.
- 2927679 Collapse All Behavior
- 2943392 Floating Filter Dialog
- 2943409 Filter - Does not Show working status
- 2944044 Amendment to the Sort Order (filter)
- 2948618 Add 'copy' option to quickview
- 2948686 Close Tool Select Wizard after choosing & better explanation
- The 'container managed' option is now also available when altering a module.
- 2955087 Suppress "There are no changes to save" dialog
- Backup & Restore is now also available when running in the beginner experience level.
- 2955092 Visual indication of Beginner/Expert mode
- Added the username to the title of the Data Crow window.
- 2943367 Filter to select Pictures "is empty"
- Added "Is Filled" option to the quick filter toolbar.
- Added HH:mm (hours and minutes) to the backup file name.
- 2989153 Comment Addition for Backup files. A comment can now be added to a backup file. The comment is shown when browsing for a backup file to restore.
New in version 3.8.10 (February 17th, 2010)
- Bol.com was no longer working (item links on bol.com were changed).
- Altering a module made the file fields disappear (the property 'file-backed' was not saved correctly).
- The FreeDB server did not deliver helpful error message when the disc query failed.
- The error handling of the report creation process has been improved.
- Data Crow did not remember (after a restart) whether its main view was maximized.
- Table view duplicates tracks when saving a new item.
- The list disappears when altering a property from within one of the administration menu options.
- Forms for child modules cannot be designed (the menu item is not available).
- The installer allows you to select the specific modules you would like to install.
New in version 3.8.8 (February 6th, 2010)
- This release contains minor bug fixes.
New in version 3.8.7 (January 7th, 2010)
- The 'new user experience' has been improved. Tooltips have been added to all menu and tool bar items and a new wizard has been added.
New in version 3.8 (November 13th, 2009)
- For the most part a bugfix upon the 3.7 version but contains new online services as well.
New in version 3.6 (October 19th, 2009)
- This version delivers a huge set of new module builder tools.
- Most importantly, it is now very easy to share your custom-made module (including its items) with other users.
- Furthermore, you can now use any other module as a template when creating a new one.
- There are many other new features such as file operations (move, delete, and locate), a new online service (ISBNdb.com), and ISBN parsing from PDF documents.
New in version 3.5.1 (September 27th, 2009)
- A maintenance release. Small fixes for the online services and a small improvement to the module wizards.
New in version 3.5 (September 21st, 2009)
- The Web module has been updated and added to the main package.
- Several other improvements have been made such as adding language and country fields to most modules.
- Several improvements have been made to the online search functionality, such as better ISBN recognition for book searches.
New in version 3.4.20 (September 14th, 2009)
- The Web module has been updated and has been added to the main package.
- Several other improvements have been made, such as adding general language and country fields to most modules.
New in version 3.4.19 (September 10th, 2009)
- A small maintenance release to fix the locked database message.
New in version 3.4.18 (September 8th, 2009)
- This release contains many minor fixes and small improvements, but also something new: from now on, you can choose to be notified of new releases.
New in version 3.4.17 (August 26th, 2009)
- This is a maintenance release.
- The IMDB search has been optimized, and the CSV import has been improved.
New in version 3.4.12 (July 19th, 2009)
- File tree view sometimes showed an incorrect path structure.
- Building a new chart will no longer lock the GUI.
- Building the File System Tree will no longer lock the GUI.
- Deleted items were not removed from the file tree view.
- New items were not added to the file tree view.
- Software Import in combination with an online service sometimes failed (rare occurrence).
- The grouping pane sometimes failed to add an item (rare occurrence).
- Several mistakes in the Dutch translation.
- The File Structure tree now shows the correct file system structure and indicates whether the file or directory actually exists.
- 'Locale Settings' has been renamed to 'Regional Settings'.
New in version 3.4.11 (July 13th, 2009)
- Mass Update did not use the overwrite field settings correctly. Additionally values were cleared.
- Changed labels for fields caused the sorting dialog to stop working correctly; empty field shown in the field selection.
- Drive Manager File Synchronizer was not working correctly. The matching process has been improved.
- Mass Update: A new option is available "Use original service settings". When enabled the original settings as stored in the item. Only items having service information set will be updated. This was, somewhat, the default behavior in the past which caused confusion. By default this option is "off".
- Code review: Synchronize (mass update) classes have been simplified.
- File Import: the dialog now shows the volume names as well as the drive letters.
- Drive Manager: changes have been made to improve the performance dramatically.
New in version 3.4.10 (June 18th, 2009)
- File importer sometimes fails when removing words from the filename.
- The File Types dialog for the File Import dialog was too small and didn't have a title.
- Book file import now reads the first page of a PDF and sets this as the front picture.
- The image importer now also supports SVG files. Note that for existing installations you will have to add the SVG extensions to the File Types filter of the import dialog.
- Added a cancel button to the quick filter bar.
New in version 3.4.9 (June 15th, 2009)
- Improved mass update, customizable item form tabs and allows you to change fields using the module wizard.
New in version 3.4.8 patch 3 (March 4th, 2009)
- A couple of important fixes are contained in this patch.
- The errors after upgrading to Java 1.6.0 Update 12 have also been fixed.
New in version 3.4.8 patch 2 (February 7th, 2009)
- This patch fixes the online services for the book module.
- Changes have been made to the saving mechanism for new items, which should fix the NullPointerExceptions some people experienced (unconfirmed fix).
- The German translation has been updated.
New in version 3.4.8 (January 26th, 2009)
- PDF reporting was fixed, as well as the module creation wizard.
- This release contains improvements for adding images to items and the music album importer.
New in version 3.4.7 (January 9th, 2009)
- This release fixes the reporting functionality and contains fixes for other minor problems.
New in version 3.4.6 (January 2nd, 2009)
- French translation, with many thanks too Pierre-Yves DANTEC!
- NullpointerException when closing the user form.
- Help cannot be shown.
- Service information is not set.
- Data Crow will now try to determine the installation directory itself. If this fails it will fall back on the DATACROW_HOME environment variable or on the -dir: parameter. The environment variable and -dir: parameter overrule this behavior (if supplied, these will be used instead). Many users had problems with specifying the environment variable and this changed is meant to take the pain away.
New in version 3.4.5 (January 2nd, 2009)
- This version contains bugfixes for platform security issues. Data Crow did not detect whether the folder and file permissions were set correctly. This could result in loss of data, as information could not be written to the database. On startup, Data Crow will check these files for their permissions and report back to the user in case of problems.
New in version 3.4.4 (December 20th, 2008)
- The code has been reviewed and many small improvements have been made. As a result of this, this version uses less memory and has once again an improved start up time.
- I have been working quite hard to get the code documented. The emphasis for this release is again.. quality! I was quite happy with the stability of the 3.4.3 version but not with the amount of fixes needed to get there.
- Please note that a new version of the web module is available (version 1.2). This module needs to be installed on top of Data Crow in order for the web module to be available.
- I would like to thank Klaus Lassleben for his German translation of the labels!
- Multiple languages support. The language can be selected in the locale settings from the settings menu.
- New languages can now be created from within the resource editor. Fields and modules can now also be translated from within this form.
- German language has been added (created by Klaus Lassleben).
- Dutch language has been added.
-  Over due bug. Loan administration shows items with a due date for the next year as overdue.
-  Missing horizontal scroll bar. The quick view does not have a vertical scroll bar.
- Locked out of Database after creating a backup.
- Nothing happens when selecting 'launch file' after adding a new file launcher field to a module (in this case the music album module).
- Music Album and Audio CD report (Black&White) did not generated successfully.
- Users created using the item wizard cannot log into Data Crow. The wizard will now start the item form itself.
- A check has been added to see whether Data Crow does have write permission on the database files.
- When the item form asks "there are unsaved changes" and you answer "no: on the question if you are sure you want to close the form it's closed anyway.
- Cannot translate module names + field names using the resource editor.
- Cannot translate settings.
- Removed most of the not used messages and labels.
- Hardcoded labels and messages.
- Descriptive setting was not remembered (field settings). Bug in the version check caused the settings to be converted on each startup.
- The web server can now be started from the command line without starting the Data Crow application. The parameter to use is: -webserver. The server can be brought down gracefully using the CTR-C command (as displayed in the console).
- The display format for person names can now be set using the settings dialog. (Settings > General Settings > 'Default display format for the persons name').
- UTF8 support for resources (labels, messages, etc).
- Updated Jetty to the latest version (6.1.14)
- Updated FOP from Apache to version 0.95 (Libraries used for report generation).
- HSQL DB has been upgraded to version 22.214.171.124
New in version 3.4.3 (November 9th, 2008)
- This release contains, for the most part, bugfixes and some minor changes.
New in version 3.4.2 (November 2nd, 2008)
- This version of Data Crow improves the online search capabilities and the Data Crow framework as a whole.
- Bugs have been fixed and minor improvements made where needed.
New in version 3.4.1 (September 28th, 2008)
- This release has an overview dialog for all loans.
- A due date has been added.
- The item form now shows, in a separate tab, the related items.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (September 10th, 2008)
- A loan functionality fix.
New in version 3.4 Beta (August 27th, 2008)
- Improved overall performance.
- Startup time has been reduced dramatically, as well as the online search (for large databases).
- The upgrade process has been streamlined.
- Locations have been converted to container objects.