New in version 7.4.0
December 19th, 2014
- Digest Messages:
- Digest Messages are messages that are created by taking the content of many messages sent in a timespan, and putting them into a single message to then send out. See the feature overview of Digests here: http://dadamailproject.com/d/features-digest.pod.html
- Subscribers can now have the option of having individual messages delivered, having a digest message delivered on a scheduled, or having messages that would have been delivered to them held from being delivered.
- Digest Messages that are sent out (Subject, PlainText version and HTML version) can be fully customized.
- Way back in the day, Dada Mail had Digest support - it totally stunk. This new support totally doesn't. We're really happy to finally roll out a replacement that we're proud of.
- With Schedules, any draft message you create can now be scheduled to be sent at a later time right from within the Send a Message, or Send a Webpage screens.
- To create a new Schedule, first go to the Send a Message, or Send a Webpage screen. Write your message! Then, click the, "Schedule..." button. Tick, "Activate" and set the time in the future you would like your message to go out. Click, "Create Schedule" and you're done!
- Once a message has been scheduled, you may edit the message (and even reuse the schedule, if you would like!). In the list control panel, Go to: Mass Mailing - Drafts/Stationary/Schedules. Click the Schedules tab to view all your schedules.
- Important: make sure the Mailing Monitor's cronjob is also set up. (It should already be to make sure mass mailings go smoothly.)
- Dada Mail has had support for scheduled mailings since the inception of the Beatitude Plugin. This plugin has been marked as Deprecated, and we've taken one giant step in integrating scheduling of mass mailings into the core of Dada Mail with this release. We'll still ship with the Beatitude plugin, but (fair warning!) it's days are numbered. We'd like to integrate some more of its advanced features (recurring schedules), before we totally abandon ship on the plugin.
New in version 6.8.1 (February 11th, 2014)
- This is a bugfix release.
New in version 6.8.0 (January 3rd, 2014)
- Rich Text Editors and Web-Based File Browsers
- CKEditor Upgraded to v4.3, TinyMCE Upgraded to v4.0.11, FCKeditor retired
- CKEditor: Template Tag Dropdown Menu
- Core5 Labs FileManager Support
- Bridge 6.8.0
- Moderators and Authorized Senders
- On Behalf Of (p.p. Mode)
- Message Received Notification Message
- Amazon SES Auto-Adjust Batch Sending Rates
- Mass Mailing Logs: save-able and viewable in the Log Viewer plugin
- Highlighting in the list control panel's menu
- Clickthrough Tracking: URLs in image maps tracked
- Profile Fields, "Name" validation not validated for case-ness
New in version 6.7.1 (October 14th, 2013)
- "Unsubscriptions" option" " If an unsubscription is successful, redirect to this URL: " does not work
- Dada permits illegal email addresses to be added like "user@myname. com"
- ">>" characters in the button label: "Subscribe Checked Subscribers >>" cause mod_security to trigger on form submission
New in version 6.7.0 (October 3rd, 2013)
- Mass Mailing: Save as Draft
- Mass Mailing: File Attachments
- CAPTCHA Options
- jQuery Dada Mail Subscription plugin
- Send Mass Mailing Buttons: Always on Top
- Subscription Requests Approving/Denying Options
- Expanded RESTful API
New in version 6.6.0 (September 5th, 2013)
- This version focuses on three main features: sending error detection and reporting, a redesigned membership admin screen, and a new RESTful API for subscriptions.
New in version 6.5.2 (August 8th, 2013)
- This version aims to fix a definite problem when sending mass mailings: There seemed to be a large pause between submitting a mass mailing and when the mass mailing actually starts up fully, to get sent.
New in version 6.3.0 (April 11th, 2013)
- More Security Safeguards in the Subscription Confirmation Process
- Keep your subscribers safe and happy with the new confirmation system
- Tracker: now track email addresses for Opens/Clickthroughs!
- Gain more insight on how well your campaigns are working
- Amazon SES Third Party Email Service: setup now vastly simplified!
- Turbo charge your mass mailing speed rates and size
- Extended Gravatar Support
- Add more personal touches to your archives
- Geo IP databases Updated
- Keep your message analytics data current
- Cascading Stylesheet Block to Inline Converter (experimental)
- Ensure that your HTML message formatting looks the best in as many places as possible
New in version 6.2.2 (March 30th, 2013)
- This version fixes bugs found in the 6.2.1 version of Dada Mail.
- It's a suggested upgrade for anyone running 6.2.1 or lower.