March 26th, 2012
· Improvements to the upgrade and configuration process: Most notably dspace.cfg has been split up, and the default behaviour when doing 'Ant update' is to replace the existing files if the new files are different.
· More Curation Tools/Plugins: Including a new "Metadata Link Checker" and "Metadata Translator".
· Configurable Workflow for the XMLUI: Allows administrators to customize their workflow approval process.
· SWORD Client: Enables DSpace to push/submit content to other SWORD enabled repositories.
· SWORDv2 Server Module: DSpace can now support submissions via SWORD protocol version 2 (as well as version 1).
· RSS feeds now support richer features, such as iTunes podcast and publishing to iTunesU.
· Enhancements to Discovery faceted searching & browsing system.
· Rewrite of Creative Commons licensing for XMLUI.
· Ability to now reorder bitstreams in an item.
· Ability to enable automatic virus checking during item submission.
· Ability to Withdraw/Reinstate/Delete Items in Bulk, via Batch Metadata Editing.
November 15th, 2011
· This version adds more Curation Tools/Plugins, a configurable Reviewer Workflow, SWORD Client, and Server modules, richer RSS feeds, reordering of bitstreams, virus checking, the ability to withdraw/reinstate/delete content in bulk, and numerous bugfixes.
October 6th, 2011
· An Oracle database bug when performing EPerson Admin tasks, a caching issue in the "Recent Submissions" listing for XMLUI, and an error message in the DSpace CommandLine launcher were fixed.
April 18th, 2011
· DSpace 1.7.1 now fully supports Oracle databases (resolves issues with 1.7.0 and Oracle)
· Several SWORD-related bugs in DSpace 1.7.0 were resolved
· Many other minor issues were resolved.
March 25th, 2011
· Added a SWORD client for pushing new items to the DSpace repository
April 1st, 2010
· Enhanced statistics
· Embargo feature
· Batch metadata editing
· Authority control
· Delegated administration
· Command launcher
· OAI-PMH harvesting of items from remote repositories
· Configurable OAI-PMH Dublin Core output
· Move item functionality in XMLUI
· If-Modified-Since / Last-Modified header support in XMLUI
· Change to logging behavior to ensure better log retention and management
· Update to the latest handle server library
· Ability to perform batch imports and exports from zip files of items
· New test scripts to test database and email settings
· Ability to set legal jurisdiction in creative commons licensing
July 16th, 2009
· SWORD module/version 1.3.1 supporting the sword standard version 1.3
· cocoon upgraded to 2.2
· fix for the UTF-8 issues with the XMLUI
· new authentication methods: Hierarchical LDAP and Shibboleth
· full update translations: German, Italian for both XMLUI and JSPUI and Ukrainian for JSPUI
· new translations for 1.5.x: Greek and Thai
· graceful resolver for urn in the item page for the JSPUI
September 12th, 2008
· Numerous major bugfixes and several minor security fixes.