New in version 1.1.0 Beta 3
March 21st, 2011
- This release contains a large number of code changes made according to Perl Best Practices and Perl::Critic advisories.
- Level 5 and 4 are complete for the cli management tool as well as most level 3 changes.
- Some development structures have been added to the SCM - these files contain development environment variables, settings and aliases used to govern and enhance the coding environment.
- Http conf.d has been modified to avoid duplicate aliases.
New in version 1.0.8 (October 18th, 2010)
- The Web GUI front end configuration tool contains all the variables a user needs to set and displays them clearly in four sections with pop-up tool tips. With this GUI, the user can select options and build a working diaser configuration file. The install script handler is in place. This front-end can be installed using "make install".
New in version 1.0.7 (October 14th, 2010)
- This development version includes more diaser-webgui tool design enhancements and feature implementation code, including action defined popup windows with a close button for all user input scenarios, a Makefile, and an apache system conf file.
- The tool diaser configuration file storage location is now pre-defined.
- The tool has been renamed to diaser-webgui in SVN and the Makefile.
New in version 1.0.6 Beta 2 (October 4th, 2010)
- The GUI web tool has been restructured and a Java script date picker
- Configuration file upload and save in place.
New in version 0.2.5 Beta 1 (October 1st, 2009)
- A node migrate facility is now functional, allowing users to move an entire node and its data to a different server.
- Added to this release are high level graphics and end user documentation.
- Exception handling is done when modules are loaded.
- The Perl version is displayed when using the --version option.
- An encrypted volume recipe is included in the technical documentation.
- Subroutine and its option --stats display disk usage for all nodes.
- New functionality has been documented.
New in version 0.2.4 Beta 1 (September 21st, 2009)
- There is now a tool that will allow the user to test the real, not theoretical, potential data throughput between two nodes. This will allow determination of the lowest maximum bandwidth between nodes. --bandwidth will generate a graph displaying the highest throughput possible.
- This release has an outline and partial implementation of sub migrate(), which will allow DIASER users to move a node from one machine or VM/VPS to another.
- There have been minor bugfixes and typo corrections, and a fix to the fill DIASER algorithm.
- The ROADMAP has also been adjusted.
- The documentation has been updated to include the new features.
New in version 0.2.3 Beta 1 (August 7th, 2009)
- This release contains a number of bug-fixes, refinements to the walk through --configure tool and a switch from using md5 to sha1 check-summing of volumes as they enter DIASER as well a corresponding documentation updates.
New in version 0.2.2 Beta 1 (July 22nd, 2009)
- simple bandwidth table added to documentation
- retrieve subroutine documented
- simple retrieve data sub implemented -emergency lock subroutine implemented and documented
- fill_diaser.pl re-write documentation updated
- fill_diaser.pl or gen_fill re-written
- md5sum and date file created with each volume added to -node A
- fill_diaser.pl partially re-written
- collect.sh removed from SVN
- tab_a.pl adjusted and written to to accommodate new
- diaser fill mechanism
- variables below also made available via
- modify and write_config
- section 2.5 Why Linux added to manual.html
- five new variables for revised diaser_fill.pl added to diaser.pl config->define, uninitialised vars, GetOptions sub configure
- refined flow chart diaser_fill_flow dia and png
- placed volume md5 checksum operation in fill_diaser.pl algorithm
New in version 0.2.1 Alpha (July 15th, 2009)
- adjusted sub gen_hvautoc for changes sub gen_dirs
- adjusted sub gen_fill for changes sub gen_dirs
- adjusted sub gen_dirs so simple fail-over and node role change can be implemented
- removal of a b c prefix and additional d0 and Full01 and Full02 directories
- input validation applied to modify options
- subroutine configure() implemented with input validation
- wrote input validation subs is_integer() is_string() is_directory() is_ip() is_integer_inc_zero()
- manual/INSTALL updates reflecting recent changes
- website links
- Manual changed to Documentation and re-ordered