March 21st, 2011
· This release contains a large number of code changes made according to Perl Best Practices and Perl::Critic advisories.
· Level 5 and 4 are complete for the cli management tool as well as most level 3 changes.
· Some development structures have been added to the SCM - these files contain development environment variables, settings and aliases used to govern and enhance the coding environment.
· Http conf.d has been modified to avoid duplicate aliases.
October 18th, 2010
· The Web GUI front end configuration tool contains all the variables a user needs to set and displays them clearly in four sections with pop-up tool tips. With this GUI, the user can select options and build a working diaser configuration file. The install script handler is in place. This front-end can be installed using "make install".
October 14th, 2010
· This development version includes more diaser-webgui tool design enhancements and feature implementation code, including action defined popup windows with a close button for all user input scenarios, a Makefile, and an apache system conf file.
· The tool diaser configuration file storage location is now pre-defined.
· The tool has been renamed to diaser-webgui in SVN and the Makefile.
October 4th, 2010
· The GUI web tool has been restructured and a Java script date picker
· Configuration file upload and save in place.
October 1st, 2009
· A node migrate facility is now functional, allowing users to move an entire node and its data to a different server.
· Added to this release are high level graphics and end user documentation.
· Exception handling is done when modules are loaded.
· The Perl version is displayed when using the --version option.
· An encrypted volume recipe is included in the technical documentation.
· Subroutine and its option --stats display disk usage for all nodes.
· New functionality has been documented.
September 21st, 2009
· There is now a tool that will allow the user to test the real, not theoretical, potential data throughput between two nodes. This will allow determination of the lowest maximum bandwidth between nodes. --bandwidth will generate a graph displaying the highest throughput possible.
· This release has an outline and partial implementation of sub migrate(), which will allow DIASER users to move a node from one machine or VM/VPS to another.
· There have been minor bugfixes and typo corrections, and a fix to the fill DIASER algorithm.
· The ROADMAP has also been adjusted.
· The documentation has been updated to include the new features.
August 7th, 2009
· This release contains a number of bug-fixes, refinements to the walk through --configure tool and a switch from using md5 to sha1 check-summing of volumes as they enter DIASER as well a corresponding documentation updates.
July 22nd, 2009
· simple bandwidth table added to documentation
· retrieve subroutine documented
· simple retrieve data sub implemented -emergency lock subroutine implemented and documented
· fill_diaser.pl re-write documentation updated
· fill_diaser.pl or gen_fill re-written
· md5sum and date file created with each volume added to -node A
· fill_diaser.pl partially re-written
· collect.sh removed from SVN
· tab_a.pl adjusted and written to to accommodate new
· diaser fill mechanism
· variables below also made available via
· modify and write_config
· section 2.5 Why Linux added to manual.html
· five new variables for revised diaser_fill.pl added to diaser.pl config->define, uninitialised vars, GetOptions sub configure
· refined flow chart diaser_fill_flow dia and png
· placed volume md5 checksum operation in fill_diaser.pl algorithm
July 15th, 2009
· adjusted sub gen_hvautoc for changes sub gen_dirs
· adjusted sub gen_fill for changes sub gen_dirs
· adjusted sub gen_dirs so simple fail-over and node role change can be implemented
· removal of a b c prefix and additional d0 and Full01 and Full02 directories
· input validation applied to modify options
· subroutine configure() implemented with input validation
· wrote input validation subs is_integer() is_string() is_directory() is_ip() is_integer_inc_zero()
· manual/INSTALL updates reflecting recent changes
· website links
· Manual changed to Documentation and re-ordered
July 1st, 2009
· documents updated to reflect recent changes
· subroutine modify()now implemented and functional
· password quality check when creating new DIASER passwords
· DIASER technical manual v0.22 written
· updated CREDITS TODO and README
· all release notes now chronologically listed in NOTES
· template files: manual.html/txt/pdf imported to SVN
June 24th, 2009
· all subroutines now take parameters directly as called
· stripped out 95% of global variables
· change of all subroutine call syntax from &sub to sub()
· INSTALL reflects the change in configuration file name change
· diaser.conf in simple plain text
· config.pl now diaser.conf.dev for development (not in svn to avoid private settings upload)
· config.pl now diaser.conf for user- removed config.pl from svn repos- AppConfig now reads config.pl and a second file for development- AppConfig simple configuration file syntax implemented
June 12th, 2009
· All code spanning 78 characters
· Concatenated all long strings to use multiple lines
· Changed docs to reflect diaser.pl will run on Perl v 5.8.8
· Converted all tab indentations to 4 space only
· Padded out development roadmap and release cycle
· Website code cleanup w3c index.html compat page rank icon added
June 3rd, 2009
· fix non removal of accounts, sub remove, used "" not '' for command
June 3rd, 2009
· fixed variable name node account creation, gen_hvautoc & create accounts passwordless_login no explicit diaser account references - instructions if use of more than one pool in config.pl - install guide updated - fill_diaser.sh - minor fixes, gen_fill - no need to remove aFull01 - minor fixes
May 28th, 2009
· fixed missing trailing / for all directory paths on some rsync commands
· no need to ask for root passwords when using upgrade sub
· system command to run rsync in hvautoc and >> log_$ instead of --log--file
· -v option added to all rsync commands and use of --stats
· remove from gen_dirs touch and copy log_$ files
· rsync gens auto'
· fix log file access and location
· system check to expand
· cron system check sub gen_hvauto (A)
· install menu now references fill_diaser.pl
· code check
· several bug fixes
· added code contraint to number of months if operation is > 1 year
· added extra directory to months so 32 inc ad0, this gives flexibility to not bypass Full's on 1st day of the month
· i.e. if your were archiving CCTV video streams which would create constant differentials
· chmod +x to hvautoc_$ before transfer
· minor updates to INSTALL, README and WARNING
· removed unneeded files from SVN tree
· sub gen hvautoc check for the past dom and if leap year or not to run second end of month Full copy
· reworked helper script fill_diaser.sh
· gen fill_diaser implemented
· default bw changed to 12500 KBS
· more minor bug fixes
May 20th, 2009
· Basic README re-written and added to website, crontab tab files now tick the autochanger scripts, diaser dry run switch implemented, fixes to gen_hvauto, prototype subroutine add_years, subroutine upgrade implemented, diaser.pl various minor fixes, config.pl tidied and clarified
May 15th, 2009
· removed unneeded key_copy_(a,b,c).pl from tree, subroutine passwordless_login written, takes care of passwordless logins, between nodes , merged subroutines run_key_copy and transfer_key_copy
May 11th, 2009
· Security has been tightened.
· The installation will ask for a new diaser password which the user should note down. Root passwords for the nodes are requested but not stored to disk in anyway.
· So no passwords are written to a configuration file.
· In the future when adjustments are made either when updating settings or upgrading passwords will be requested as required in the same way as described above.
May 8th, 2009
· subroutine cleanup forces password lock on diaser user accounts post install, written hvautoc algorithm for node a,b & c and prints properly to hvautoc_a,b,c.pl, crontab no longer dependent on config.pl, re-written cron tab_a.b.c.pl to nudge the hypervirtual autochanger every hour, updated install menu
May 8th, 2009
· Written hvautoc algorithm for node a,b & c and prints properly to hvautoc_a,b,c.pl, crontab no longer dependent on config.pl, re-written cron tab_a.b.c.pl to nudge the hypervirtual autochanger every hour, updated install menu.
May 6th, 2009
· started coding sub gen_hvautoc psudo code elements of hvautoc in NOTES project NOTES file created implemented sub send_hvautoc_algol begun implementation of hvautoc algorithm & subsequent generation prototyped new sub gen_hvautoc implemented use of a separate scripts called hvautoc_*.pl *=a,b & c
April 29th, 2009
· development roadmap updates inc gen_cron plans -gen_cron explanation comments prototype gen_crons -user variables re-ordered, and updated in config.pl
April 24th, 2009
· now creates chosen n*years worth of storage structure month extended to 31 days, covers month length variations sub gen_keys_dirs now gen_dirs key generation moved from gen_keys_dirs to transfer_key_copy user variables added $num_years $start_year in config.pl changed pass for diaser accounts, $user_pass=, install okay menu modified, order of items and new items sub prototypes added - configure, pause, stop and resume diaser_setp.pl renamed to diaser.pl
April 20th, 2009
· Development Roadmap included for April through to the end of May 09.
April 15th, 2009
· Files adjusted to project name change and general tidy up.