December 30th, 2011
· This is a minor update, primarily adding better language support, a French translation,and some of the most-requested tweaks.
February 8th, 2011
· This version fixes anti-aliasing on Linux and freshens the the underlying video and scene systems.
January 17th, 2011
· Added replay all animations to the R keyboard button.
· Added shortcuts for placing (and unplacing) operations to the buttons 1, 2 and 3.
· Official ranked servers' settings can now be changed by the first player joining.
· Fixed the game not working on CPUs not supporting SSE2.
· Fixed multiplayer crash.
· Fixed unit and operation bounding boxes, they were 33% smaller than intended.
· Fixed repulsion not working.
January 10th, 2011
· Animations now replay when clicking on a territory, allowing players to easily understand what exact actions occurred.
· Added death/destruction textures for dying units.
· Added a demo welcome panel on game start.
· Death animations now kick in later.
· Tweaked updater image.
· Fixed the rare possibility of clients not getting disconnected properly.
· Fixed the rare possibility of official statistics getting submitted twice for the same match.
January 3rd, 2011
· This version focuses on improving the user experience by adding end-turn animations and other presentation enhancements.
· Offline play has also been added.
October 18th, 2010
· Added display mode initialization fallback to try without AA if AA is enabled, fixing some occurrences of "Error: Couldn't find matching GLX visual" on Linux.
· Added ability to spectators to talk to players once a game has ended.
· Added spectator tips.
· Improved updater.
· Linux launch shell scripts now take system libraries over distributed libraries if they are available.
· Tip window no longer closes on turn end.
· Removed E hotkey for end turn.
· Removed C hotkey for cancel button in game lobby panel.
· Fixed chat target properly changing from [Spectators] to [All] as appropriate.
October 8th, 2010
· This version adds reconnect functionality, improves tips and event reporting, and removes swearing in game text as per users' request.
October 4th, 2010
· September 30, 2010 – Proxy Studios, a small independent games developer, announces the release of their debut title Conquest: Divide and Conquer for Saturday, October 2. Conquest is a unique spin on the turn-based strategy genre, offering fast, simultaneous turn-based online multiplayer gameplay instead of multiple-hour long games of research and building.
· Proxy Studios has built the game from ground up to be intuitive, balanced and deep, with a strong random map generator that offers unlimited experiences. A new trailer showcasing recent gameplay is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs-57Xp3x2o.
· Players are invited to try the free multiplayer demo to launch along with the game's release. Both paying and demo customers will be able to play against each other with certain restrictions. For more information see http://www.conquest-game.com/features/.
· Conquest will be available for download and digital purchase on the game's official website http://www.conquest-game.com for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux at 15$ (excluding VAT). Customers who decide to pre-order the game before October 2 will receive an additional 33% discount coupon they can forward to a friend, and a special in-game achievement to display.
· Facebook fans are given an additional opportunity to receive game discounts, as 5 random fans will be chosen to award with 33% discount coupons. The official Conquest facebook page is located at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conquest/375488914911.
· Proxy Studios developers promise to offer strong support and updates to their game through their custom updater technology.
· For more information on Conquest visit http://www.conquest-game.com.
April 5th, 2009
· Added spectate button to join server panel.
· Added public spectator chat setting to server.
· Improved updater title texture.
· Spectators can now talk to players before the game starts.
· Battle events are now also sent to allies with shared radar.
· Screen shots are now saved as JPG (Q80) by default, to save as PNG press ALT+PrtSc.
· Arguments are now passed forward when changing processes.
· Administrator execution level is now requested on Vista.
· Fixed line wrapping bug.
· Fixed operation stack movement.
· Fixed bomber crash not being logged in statistics.
· Fixed operations being given to players before the start of the game.
March 16th, 2009
· This release implements an auto-updater. From now on, Conquest will be automatically updated to the latest version upon starting the client or server.
· This release also adds a separate directory for modifications.
March 5th, 2009
· This release adds Unicode support.
February 11th, 2009
· This release adds world configuration files, improves the join server panel, and fixes multiple bugs introduced in 0.12.0.
February 7th, 2009
· This release improves the join server panel, makes mirror battles result in both armies dying, and enhances features added in the previous release.
February 4th, 2009
· This release implements alliances and changes the starting concept.
January 28th, 2009
· This release enhances aesthetics and adds a simple statistics panel to the end of each match.
January 21st, 2009
· This release enhances some of the previously added functionality.
January 19th, 2009
· This release implements AI, adds a maximum turn limit, and improves readability of fonts.
January 13th, 2009
· This release fixes a crash bug and the stuttering of sound and music that occurred on some machines.
January 11th, 2009
· Added spectator mode.
· Chat now always beeps when a message arrives (including announcements).
· Replaced mountains that were hard to recognize.
· Added victory and defeat images.
· Changed waiting for players image.
· Changed event icons.
· Changed movement line style.
· Significantly increased performance.
· Minor data renaming and structure changes.
· Game elements are no longer capitalized in paragraphs.
· Fixed movement not working properly under special circumstances.
· Fixed handicap getting displayed wrong in the players panel.
· Fixed a graphic glitch with erosions going over tile borders.
· Fixed the password text box getting cleared when clicking on a new server in the join server panel.
December 19th, 2008
· New battle algorithm.
· Remaining turn seconds are now colored in red when 10 or less.
· Units and cities now show the controlling player in the hint.
· Redone terrain graphics.
· Improved unit graphics.
· Improved Conquest icon.
· Fixed turn not ending if the victorious player left (again).
· Fixed turn not ending after all players surrendered.
· Fixed battle panel not disappearing after new world creation.
· Fixed text fields not scrolling down properly.
December 9th, 2008
· Servers are now sorted alphabetically.
· Turn timer no longer starts if only one player is on the server.
· Only valid display modes are now used (fixes Linux crash bug).
· Fixed movement not working properly under special circumstances.
· Fixed turn not ending if the victorious player left.