September 6th, 2012
· This version introduces a new notification and work action system, called WorkBox, that helps users focus on what needs their attention and act on it faster.
· It also adds simple personal and team-based tasks that can be added to any Confluence page and simply managed in WorkBox.
· Everything can be accessed through Confluence's new full, mobile-ready user interface for working with content, people, and tasks on-the-go.
September 20th, 2011
· This is one of the most significant updates to Confluence since its initial release in 2004.
· With a brand new WYSIWYG editor and wide-ranging user interface improvements, this is the most productive and user-friendly version to date.
March 23rd, 2011
· Easy, Powerful Connections to Active Directory, LDAP and Crowd
· Improved JIRA Integration
· Drag-and-Drop for HTML5 Browsers
· Autowatch and Improved Notification Settings
· Sharing Pages and Blog Posts
· Enhanced Code Macro
· More Administrative Improvements
· "What's New" Feature Tour
· Categories, a New Way of Organising Spaces
· Embedding Audio and Video with the Multimedia Macro
· Other Improvements
· Infrastructure Changes
October 13th, 2010
· More keyboard shortcuts were added.
· Improvements were made to user macros.
· There's also a new plugin manager.
June 4th, 2009
· Confluence 3.0 introduces the Macro Browser, a new way for users of all experience levels to build content-rich pages in seconds. The macro browser exposes the macros in your Confluence site - charts, task lists, photo galleries, RSS feeds and more - through a point-and-click graphical interface.
· Confluence 3.0 comes bundled with over 80 out-of-the box macros and can be extended with hundreds of other third party plugins like Balsamiq mockups or Gliffy diagrams.
The features that improve people discovery include:
· Hover Profile - hover over a users name wherever it appears in Confluence to view summary profile information, follow the user or click into his complete user profile;
· Enhanced User Profiles - personal profiles now let users enter personal information like position, department and location while displaying the user's recent activity, current status and people in their network.
· Redesigned Personal Spaces - Each user's personal space now includes a collapsible side panel that shows detailed profile information such as recent activity, current status and people in their network.
The features that improve people connections and relationships include:
· Status Updates - post a 140-character message to share links, ask questions or simply inform coworkers on what you're working on;
· Networks - follow other users to add them to your personal network and track their activity throughout your Confluence site;
· Activity Streams - view an aggregated stream of all the activity recently undertaken by all the users in your network;
· Upgraded PDF Export - PDF export now produces higher quality output and provides greater control through customized stylesheets, title pages, headers and footers.
· Major performance improvements - Response times for clustered environments are up to 100% faster while response times for standalone environments are up to 40% faster.
December 11th, 2008
· This release introduce the new Widget Connector, an easy way to embed multi-media content from all over the Web directly into your page.
· Add Youtube videos, Flickr slideshows, and Google Gadgets, just to name a few.
· With the improved Office Connector, you can now view the contents of attached files. Finding all your content is a lot easier.
· With Quick Navigation, just start typing in the search box and immediately see suggested results.
· And with 'Did You Mean', Confluence now suggests corrections for misspelled words.