New in version 4.3
September 6th, 2012
- This version introduces a new notification and work action system, called WorkBox, that helps users focus on what needs their attention and act on it faster.
- It also adds simple personal and team-based tasks that can be added to any Confluence page and simply managed in WorkBox.
- Everything can be accessed through Confluence's new full, mobile-ready user interface for working with content, people, and tasks on-the-go.
New in version 4.0 (September 20th, 2011)
- This is one of the most significant updates to Confluence since its initial release in 2004.
- With a brand new WYSIWYG editor and wide-ranging user interface improvements, this is the most productive and user-friendly version to date.
New in version 3.5 (March 23rd, 2011)
- Easy, Powerful Connections to Active Directory, LDAP and Crowd
- Improved JIRA Integration
- Drag-and-Drop for HTML5 Browsers
- Autowatch and Improved Notification Settings
- Sharing Pages and Blog Posts
- Enhanced Code Macro
- More Administrative Improvements
- "What's New" Feature Tour
- Categories, a New Way of Organising Spaces
- Embedding Audio and Video with the Multimedia Macro
- Other Improvements
- Infrastructure Changes
New in version 3.4 (October 13th, 2010)
- More keyboard shortcuts were added.
- Improvements were made to user macros.
- There's also a new plugin manager.
New in version 3.0 (June 4th, 2009)
- Confluence 3.0 introduces the Macro Browser, a new way for users of all experience levels to build content-rich pages in seconds. The macro browser exposes the macros in your Confluence site - charts, task lists, photo galleries, RSS feeds and more - through a point-and-click graphical interface.
- Confluence 3.0 comes bundled with over 80 out-of-the box macros and can be extended with hundreds of other third party plugins like Balsamiq mockups or Gliffy diagrams.
- The features that improve people discovery include:
- Hover Profile - hover over a users name wherever it appears in Confluence to view summary profile information, follow the user or click into his complete user profile;
- Enhanced User Profiles - personal profiles now let users enter personal information like position, department and location while displaying the user's recent activity, current status and people in their network.
- Redesigned Personal Spaces - Each user's personal space now includes a collapsible side panel that shows detailed profile information such as recent activity, current status and people in their network.
- The features that improve people connections and relationships include:
- Status Updates - post a 140-character message to share links, ask questions or simply inform coworkers on what you're working on;
- Networks - follow other users to add them to your personal network and track their activity throughout your Confluence site;
- Activity Streams - view an aggregated stream of all the activity recently undertaken by all the users in your network;
- Customer-Focused Improvements:
- Upgraded PDF Export - PDF export now produces higher quality output and provides greater control through customized stylesheets, title pages, headers and footers.
- Major performance improvements - Response times for clustered environments are up to 100% faster while response times for standalone environments are up to 40% faster.
New in version 2.10.0 (December 11th, 2008)
- This release introduce the new Widget Connector, an easy way to embed multi-media content from all over the Web directly into your page.
- Add Youtube videos, Flickr slideshows, and Google Gadgets, just to name a few.
- With the improved Office Connector, you can now view the contents of attached files. Finding all your content is a lot easier.
- With Quick Navigation, just start typing in the search box and immediately see suggested results.
- And with 'Did You Mean', Confluence now suggests corrections for misspelled words.