April 24th, 2013
· FEATURE: A dutch translation was added for the extension strings.
· FIX: The full screen image viewing container now closes correctly in Firefox 20 and later.
· FIX: The quality of the miniature view was improved and an error which prevented its creation for a single column was corrected.
· FIX: The first drawing of the miniature view is now delayed to allow for rendering delays.
· FIX: The background color estimate was improved by correcting an error which led it to be made too late.
· FIX: The annoying shift at the end of animated forward horizontal scroll now occurs only for backward scroll.
· FIX: Background-images are no more removed, because they are so often used to replace images nowadays.
· FIX: Canvas elements are no more transformed to image elements but are cloned including their content.
· FIX: The reader now exits the image fullscreen viewing mode when resizing the reader.
· FIX: The book mode again always has an even amount of pages (in contrast to version 3.3 and 3.4).
· FIX: When option 'Last used settings ...' is set, the default settings are now truly overridden.
· FIX: The menu item icons which appeared in certain 'complete themes' are now prevented.
· FIX: The reader or focus rectangle are removed again on disabling/uninstalling the extension.
November 22nd, 2012
· The failure of Firefox 17 to update the image viewing container was circumvented by changing its position from 'fixed' to 'absolute'.
· floor(*) is now computed with *|0 rather than ~~*.
November 6th, 2012
· The element focus implementation was sped up considerably by inserting and removing focus divs only once.
· Timed scroll was sped up considerably by not reacting to mouseover and mousemove events while scrolling.
· During content selection, a right click now selects the parent element and stops the direct response to hovering.
· The following elements are now removed from web content: iframe, script, embed, video, input, textarea, button, select.
· The text zoom feature was removed, because it was much too slow on most page - a better solution is sought.
· 6) Words are now forced to break in case they do not fit on a line to prevent horizontal overflow of many elements.
· The code for automatic scrolling at a variable speed was removed to simplify the user interface and the code.
· Custom cursors were implemented to indicate the different functions of regions within the reader.
· Horizontal scrollability detection was moved from a mousemove to a mouseover event handler for reasons of speed.
· The default element response to left clicks is now prevented to avoid unintended actions or exits from the reader.
· The column margins were increased by 30% to obtain a less crowded view - this may affect saved scroll positions.
· The toolbar button icon now turns yellow during mouse hover in case the saved element location was not found on a page.
· The button behaviour now contains some hysteresis to prevent the up/down-direction to switch unexpectedly.
· The MozAfterPaint event, which was used to respond to text-zoom changes, was removed as the resize event suffices now.
· An extra option was added for setting the text alignment to 'start', 'center' or 'justify' (formerly fixed to 'start').
· Potential styling errors are prevented now by copying all computed styles of the selected element to its clone.
· Colors are now transformed by replacing color names by rgb values so as to prevent extensive use of the computed styles.
· Background-images are now removed from the content because they may interfere with the coloration.
· The code for getting xul/html docs from events are safer now for the case that multiple readers are open (bug fix).
· To indicate the state of the toolbar button, its icon color is now changed instead of its background color (bug fix).
· On entering the reader mode, canvas elements are now replaced by image elements (bug fix).
· When switching to full window image view, the image source string is now contained in quotes (bug fix).
· SVG elements can now be clicked for full window view and this view can now be closed by clicking anywhere (bug fix).
· When setting/getting page preferences, anything right from a "#" or "?" sign is now removed from the URI (bug fix).
· The position of the icon or number for list items was forced to inside to ensure its visibility (bug fix).
· Indenting elements led to horizontal overflow problems and was replaced by a top margin for paragraphs (bug fix).
· The button for element hiding now shows the potency for unhiding directly after a first element was hidden (bug fix).
· The column count is now correctly shown in the button coloration when CTRL-Up/Down is pressed (bug fix).
· The buttons for color transformation now correctly retain their color after a click (bug fix).
· The index image is now hidden in case it is not drawn, to prevent default icon and black border to appear (bug fix).
· 31)Style elements are now inserted into a document's body in case it has no header element (bug fix).
· The browser is no more focused when hovering the toolbar button while the containing browser is not active (bug fix).
· Stylesheet children of CSSImportRules are now included in the recursive modification of styles (bug fix).