March 27th, 2013
· FEATURE: A dutch translation of the extension text content was added.
· FIX: Background images no more flash their untransformed content when they are reloaded.
· FIX: A canvas container element is no more added to the page unless absolutely necessary.
· FIX: Customization of the toolbar button is now mirrored in any other open browsers.
· CODE: The main extension code is now distributed over 'bootstrap.js' (generic) and 'addon.js' (specific).
February 26th, 2013
· FEATURE: A second row of simple high-contrast themes was added to provide better continuity with version 4.0.
· FIX: Themes for saved domains are now applied also when the Colorific menu has not been opened yet.
· FIX: Color properties now have a natural-language description instead of their html name.
· FIX: The height of sub-menu's is now computed correctly on (hopefully) all Firefox themes.
· FIX: Restoring a theme to its installation values using ctrl-undo now can be undone itself.
· FIX: Image content is now also shared between multiple image references for reasons of speed.
February 20th, 2013
· FEATURE: The textual menu was replaced by a graphical menu to make the extension easier to use and more flexible.
· FEATURE: The lightness inversion options that relied on brightness estimation were removed become of errors in drawWindow.
· FEATURE: Two CSS color properties were added: "border-image-source" and "outline-color".
· FEATURE: Two options were added to control the automatic coloration of pages at web domains for which a theme index was saved.
· FEATURE: An option was added to make foreground images less opaque (except on hover) to reduce contrast with dark backgrounds.
· FEATURE: An option was added to enable delaying the first paint event to make it more likely that the page shows up colorized.
· FEATURE: An option was added to enable making all element borders transparent so as to impose a 'flat' design.
· FIX: The maximum image size limits were increased to prevent downsizing or exclusion of images when this is not desired/necessary.
· FIX: An error in the low-level transform which led to noticable hue shifts was corrected.
· FIX: In the HSL-to-RGB transform, the saturation (g) is now set to 0 when it is negative to prevent underflow.
· CODE: The hsl transform in 'cta.js' was sped up by 40% by replacing the array of transform coefficients by named constants.
· CODE: Instead of repeated calls to garbageCollect, forceGC() is now called once after the main document is transformed.
January 4th, 2013
· Color transformation was sped up by using integer arithmetic and Int32Array parameters for the low level transform.
· The use of the element computed styles was eliminated for reasons of speed.
· Image content is now reloaded when necessary and replaced by either canvas background elements or data URLs.
· Large images are now transformed in a separate process by a web worker to make the page update faster.
· List-style-images are now included with the foreground styles and their image references are replaced by data URLs.
· Rules for predefined colors are now inserted in a new stylesheet and no more in the first available stylesheet.
· Color attributes are now replaced by inline styles on body, table, tbody, tr, td and font elements only.
· The minimum Firefox version was set to 17.0 because of this versions improved memory management.
· One option was added for the inclusion of iframe elements.
· An option was added to not apply brightness inversion to foreground images.
· One option was added to restore the default settings.
· Clicking the main button now toggles automatic transformation (single click) or applies the saved transformation (double-click).
· Stylesheet children of CSSImportRules are now included in the recursive modification of styles (bug fix).
· Color names in background-image styles are now replaced within 'gradient*)'-sub-strings only (bug fix).
· For safety and speed, images are no more replaced with canvas elements but are made transparent with canvas backgrounds (bug fix).
· The ColorTransform element focus now responds correctly to scrolling and zooming and it is no more color-transformed (bug fix).
· Background colors for document.body and document.documentElement are correctly combined now (bug fix).
· Menu states are now consistent between different windows (bug fix).