April 3rd, 2013
· FEATURE: A dutch translation was included for all extension tool tips.
· FEATURE: An option was added for automatic page reload on selection of a theme, while the image compression option was removed.
· FEATURE: Two CSS color properties were added: "border-image-source" and "outline-color".
· FIX: The brightness contrast in background images was increased for all themes to improve their readability.
· FIX: The maximum image size limits were increased to prevent downsizing or exclusion of images when this is not desired/necessary.
· FIX: Image content is now also shared between multiple image references for reasons of speed.
· FIX: An error in the low-level transform which led to noticeable hue shifts was corrected.
· FIX: A small exclamation mark in the upper left corner of documents now notifies users that a canvas container element was appended.
· FIX: A document can no more be transformed while a worker is still processing images contained in that document.
· FIX: The extension now works correctly after the toolbar button is restored from the Customize Toolbar.
· CODE: The HSL transform was sped up by 40% by replacing the array of transform coefficients by named constants.
· CODE: Image elements are now always transformed in a second thread to achieve a minor speed increase.
January 3rd, 2013
· Color transformation was sped up by using integer arithmetic and Int32Array parameters for the low level transform.
· The use of the element computed styles was eliminated for reasons of speed.
· Image content is now reloaded when necessary and replaced by either canvas background elements or data URLs.
· Large images are now transformed asynchronously by a separate web worker to make the page update faster.
· List-style-images are now included with the foreground styles and their image references are replaced by data URLs.
· The global ColorTransform style rules are now inserted in a new style sheet and no more in the first available style sheet.
· Color attributes are now replaced by inline styles on body, table, tbody, tr, td and font elements only.
· Stored coefficients are placed in a single char pref instead of four different ones.
· The minimum Firefox version was set to 17.0 because it is the first version with sufficiently high quality memory management.
· Two options were added for the inclusion of iframes and child elements.
· One option was added to switch between strongly and weakly blending of theme colors with page colors.
· One option was added to switch between large and small steps for the 18 HSL component transforms.
· Three options were added for the exclusion of large images, for scaling images down, and for changing the hue of images only.
· One option was added to restore the default settings including the transform.
· Six more themes were added and the readability of the themes was improved.
· The 16 HSLC transforms were replaced by 18 HSL transforms (contrast was merged and two functions were added for hue and saturation).
· Code was added to transform html documents automatically when they are loaded, with separate options for iframes.
· Clicking the main button now toggles automatic transformation (single click) or applies the saved transformation (double-click).
· The use of getMostRecentWindow was prevented throughout the extension by obtaining direct references to XUL documents from events.
· The popup menu/panel is now aligned at the right side with the button to prevent it to be hidden beneath an os bar at the right.
· The default color transform is empty now, as this makes more sense for the 'Restore defaults' option.
· Stylesheet children of CSSImportRules are now included in the recursive modification of styles (bug fix).
· Color names in background-image styles are now replaced within 'gradient*)'-sub-strings only (bug fix).
· For safety and speed, images are no more replaced with canvas elements but are made transparent with canvas backgrounds (bug fix).
· The ColorTransform element focus now responds correctly to scrolling and zooming and it is no more color-transformed (bug fix).
· Background colors for document.body and document.documentElement are correctly combined now (bug fix).
· The menu is now correctly changed in all browsers at once (bug fix).
November 12th, 2012
· The buttons were replaced by a menu button with a menupopup having different implementations which can be toggled using button "Next menu type".
· A leak was removed which was due to references held in transformed html documents to arrays returned by one of the functions in the colortransform module.
· Event listeners on the buttons were moved to the toolbar item and are now also removed correctly on uninstall.
· The "text", "color" and "bgcolor" attributes are now replaced by inline styles containing their computed values for "color" or "background-color".
· Exception handling was added to "getBoundingClientRect" because it may generate exceptions on pages like "about:memory".