New in version 0.35.6
January 8th, 2015
- the middle (or wheel) click on a link to file or folder opens the parent directory of the target file or folder
- added tree right click menu item to bookmark the selected node
- bugfix in reading a cherrytree XML document
- bugfix in relative links click
- bugfix in import from treepad lite
- updated French language from new maintainer Klaus Becker
New in version 0.35.5 (December 5th, 2014)
- bugfix: conversion from rich text to plain text of links results in the link target only if the link is the sole text copied and is not a link to node
- bugfix: relative links are to be relative to the document folder and not to the executable folder
- bugfix: right click over a selection including a link causes deselection if the right click is over the link
- bugfix in import from tuxcards
- bugfix: paste from firefox on windows with russian language page
- bugfix: paste text in a codebox causing an auto resize, change node without saving before, go back to the older node, the text pasted in the codebox is lost
- changed automatic conversion from ascii chars to “todo list” from “[ ] ” to “ ”
New in version 0.35.4 (November 10th, 2014)
- bugfix: export to plain text and conversion from rich text to plain text problems in 0.35.3
- bugfix: automatic list set after inserting "* " and "[ ] " problems in 0.35.3
- bugfix: crash in codebox auto expansion
- bugfix: crash loading the links dialog
New in version 0.35.3 (November 5th, 2014)
- fixed bugs in copying rich text between cherrytree, libreoffice and gmail preserving the rich text properties; as a consequence the html import/export was improved
- fixed bugs in importing text files with non utf-8 encoding
- fixed bug in automatic word selection when applying a formatting
- fixed bug in TOC not recognizing headers
- fixed bug causing the codeboxes with automatic expansion to crash
- fixed bugs in the conversion between the three list types
- changed the behaviour of the direction arrows in the tree navigation: the left key collapses the node, the right key expands the node, the up and down arrows move the selection up and down not only between siblings (as it was before) but in the whole tree
- links copy and paste: when converting from a rich text source to a plain text destination, now the link target is preserved, the link label is dropped
- improved the links dialog navigation: the Tab key toggles between the link types, the tree is navigable using the four direction arrows and typing text while the focus is on the tree searches for a node name
- added “Common Lisp” syntax highlighting definition from kfyatek-dev.jogger.pl
- fixed bugs in import from KeyNote
- other minor fixes
New in version 0.35.2 (October 18th, 2014)
- bugfix: drag n drop with destination before the first sibling
- bugfix: codebox memory of latest used settings
- updated Armenian language
New in version 0.35.0 (October 8th, 2014)
- the toolbar is now configurable in a dedicated preferences dialog tab.
- added configurable option to use relative paths in links to files and folders.
- added limit of 10 MB to embedded files. embedding larger files is not safe.
- implemented the possibility to open embedded files with double click or right click menu. the opened embedded file is saved to a temporary location and opened with an external application same as it happens for links to files. the temporary file is monitored for changes and if a change is detected, the embedded file in the cherrytree document is updated automatically. all the external applications used to open embedded files must be closed before closing cherrytree since cherrytree will delete the temporary files at quit (a dialog warns the user to do so at cherrytree quit time if one or more opened embedded files is detected).
- the embedded files have now the time of latest edit and the size visible in tooltip.
- added configurable option to have codeboxes expand automatically.
- the following commands now work also inside of the codeboxes: text row cut/copy/delete/up/down, text change case, text duplicate, insertion of special chars, timestamp, horizontal rule, lists handling.
- added right click menu to cut, copy and delete embedded files and anchors.
- added menu item and shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+R) to toggle the Read Only property of the selected node.
- when we double click on text we are used to see the word under mouse to be selected. now it is possible in configuration to add chars to include in the selection (e.g. adding ‘@’ you select whole text me@mail).
- added tooltip in find all matches dialog indicating the full node path.
- improved the tree in links dialog and node change father dialog: now the middle (or wheel) click works also here to expand/collapse underlying node and also the double click toggles the expanded/collapsed state. furthermore the expanded/collapsed nodes status is the same of the main tree.
- added menu item to open the directory containing the preferences files.
- fixed several bugs.
New in version 0.34.1 (September 23rd, 2014)
- fixed bug introduced in 0.34.0 in search and/or replace, all matches
- fixed bug in handling of image format not recognized when pasting uri from clipboard
- updated the Polish language from Marcin Swierczynski
- updated the Italian language from new maintainer Vincenzo Reale
- Ctrl+Shift+A not only to show the "Find All Matches" dialog but also hide it
New in version 0.34.0 (August 6th, 2014)
- implemented the possibility to embed files of any type in the cherrytree documents: a clip icon image is inserted in the rich text and right clicking on it the file can be saved to a disk location. the clip icon size is configurable in the preferences dialog
- implemented the possibility to associate links to the images through right click menu item. when the image has a link associated, a colored arrow is visible over the image
- added right click menu item to insert newline in table cell and restored functionality of the shortcut Ctrl+period
- added shortcuts for text Foreground and Background color Shift+Alt+F and Shift+Alt+B
- added shortcuts Ctrl+Alt+1, Ctrl+Alt+2 and Ctrl+Alt+3 for lists bulleted, numbered and todo
- added shortcuts Ctrl+Plus and Ctrl+Minus to increase/decrease the font of tree and text
- the number of backups to keep is now configurable
- added import from EssentialPIM HTML file
- fixed several bugs
- handling of cases when dbus is not working properly causing cherrytree not to start, this happens so far only on windows in some cases and may be a firewall related problem. in these cases the centralized instances control is disabled and cherrytree still works
New in version 0.33.4 (June 5th, 2014)
- fixed bugs in iterated searching
- fixed bug in sorting of nodes and sqlite documents
- added appdata specification file