New in version 5.2.0
December 3rd, 2012
- This version is in the C++11 series, supporting gcc and llvm.
- It adds support for automatic conversion of arithmetic types when possible and when no ambiguous method dispatch exists.
- Initial support for MinGW 4.7 with C++11 (ChaiScript 5.2.0) has been added.
New in version 5.1.0 (November 20th, 2012)
- Much improved error reporting
- Autosizing of integers now matches the C++ standard
- u, l, ll, f suffixes added to numeric constants
New in version 5.0.0 (June 9th, 2012)
- ChaiScript 5.0.0 requires a C++11-compliant compiler.
- Either clang 3.1 or g++ 4.5 currently work.
- This release completely drops the need for Boost.
- The ChaiScript standard library can now (optionally) be compiled separately, cutting compile time in half.
- Much better runtime error reporting is now available.
- Performance has increased by about 25%.
New in version 3.1.0 (June 22nd, 2011)
- Numeric operations performance has increased approximately 10x.
- Looping operations performance has increased up to 2x.
- Engine start up time has decreased.
- Several parsing bugs related to index operators have been fixed.
- Full support has been added for all C algebraic types: double, long double, float, int, long, char, uint8_t, uint16_t, uint32_t, uint64_t, int8_t, int16_t, int32_t, and int64_t. Enhanced support for capturing of exceptions thrown from ChaiScript in C++.
New in version 3.0.0 (May 24th, 2011)
- Major code reorganization, bugfixes, and updates.
- Automatic conversions between ChaiScript functions and boost::function optinos.
- Function introspection support.
- Improved const support.
- Improved object lifetime during script execution.
- Rewritten documentation.
- 30% more unit tests.
- Improved support for clang, VS2010, and 64-bit environments.
- Command line options have been added to chai eval.
New in version 2.3.2 (January 19th, 2010)
- Added support for 0b1010 style binary numbers
- Fixes to support VS 2010
- Bugfixes for swap and vector initialization
New in version 2.3.1 (December 12th, 2009)
- Fixed compilation in Visual Studio 2008
- Fixed compilation in MinGW
New in version 2.3 (December 8th, 2009)
- Saving and restoring script engine state
- Object type introspection
- Intelligent int types
- 5-10% speedup
- Bugfixes for array lookups, single-line comments, and const return values.
New in version 2.1 (October 20th, 2009)
- Support for octal and hexadecimal numbers.
- Bit shifting operators ''.
- Generic comparison functions 'eq', 'lt', and 'gt'.
- Simplified method aliasing.
- Operator overloading.