February 26th, 2013
· Added two values to the Privacy option tab. You can now choose to not share any referer information with a remote server. You can also choose to send an anonymous user agent string which is "Mozilla/5.0 (Gecko) Firefox/64" without operating system or sensitive program version numbers. There is little need to send identifying information about our computer which could be used by malicious servers as vectors for attack or for targeted fishing attempts.
October 12th, 2012
· Removed extraneous internal warning message and allowed the cipher types to be displayed on broken pages. No logical code changes.
March 14th, 2012
· Updated code to disable the use of OCSP checking when using SSL. The reasons behind the decision are related to performance and security issues. OCSP and CRL requests increase page load times and are susceptible to blocking by man-in-the-middle attackers or captive portals, websites commonly used by Wi-Fi access points to prevent HTTP connections before users authenticate. BTW, Chrome has also disabled OSCP.
March 14th, 2012
· Added an icon to show when a connection was completely broke. It is red with a bright white "X" in the middle.
· The add on has been verified to be compatible with Firefox v8.0 in the BETA tree.
September 23rd, 2011
· Changed the lock icon to a 24x24 pixel png to better fit in with the default icons.
· Added a check to give a score of 6 out of 6 points to any SHA-1 or SHA-2 based certificate hashes which are 1024 bit or larger.
· When an option is turned off it will now be reset to browser defaults instead of being manually defined to a default value. This cleans up the code and purges any extraneous configuration options.
· An option which is disabled will never modify a config value. If the option was once enabled and then disabled the config value will be reset to the browser default on browser restart and never touched again.
May 13th, 2011
· Fixed a bug where DNS prefetching was not being disabled when the option was chosen. -thanks to rvwr
· Added the ability to disable DNS caching. This is quite useful when you need to test hosts that change ip address frequently.
February 16th, 2011
· Verified compatibility with Firefox 4.0.*. No code changes.
November 2nd, 2010
· Fixed a small error in the spell checking option. Now, when you choose the option for spell checking to be disabled it will actually be turned off. The bug was found by users on the wilderssecurity.com forums.
September 30th, 2010
· Added compatibility for Firefox 4.0b6. Removed the network option for pipelining due to new Mozilla rules. Added the date / time stamp at the bottom on the drop down window.
August 31st, 2010
· Fixed a bug where if the button was not on the toolbar an error was thrown.
· Added the ability to install the toolbar button on the initial install.
August 20th, 2010
· Changed the install.rdf to reflect the max version of Firefox support to be 3.6.*. Added the set function to make sure TLSv1 is always enabled. Changed the listeners slightly to simplify the amount of calls to the PageLoad method.
August 19th, 2010
· Bug fix in high cipher toggle in "Tools" sub menu. Bug was seen in v 0.30