May 3rd, 2013
· Performs fewer lstat()s on systems that support d_type (i.e. most Linux systems), in order to speed up certain operations.
· A fix for SIGHUP reload causing the server to go into non-forking mode.
· Indicates the backups that are deletable and adds options for deleting them.
· Various small bugfixes.
March 30th, 2013
· This version added the ability to resume partially transferred files.
· The program now ensures that the 'timer conditions not met' message appears on the client when it is out of the time band.
· A bug with turning off compression before resuming a backup was fixed.
March 6th, 2013
· This version adds the ability to back up raw devices referenced by a symlink, Valgrind cleanup, and a "-d" option to bedup (to delete duplicates instead of hardlinking, not for use on burp storage directories).
January 30th, 2013
· This version adds lots of bugfixes related to the strip/split_vss options on Windows, adds notification options to the server-side pre/post scripts, adds an automated test script for testing Windows clients, stops Windows from going to sleep during a backup, and adds other small bugfixes.
January 3rd, 2013
· This version improves burp_ca, fixes list/verify/restore when the regex is long and/or contains a colon, fixes split_vss backups being restored on non-Windows machines with the -f (force) option, and adds a "-j" option to format the long list output as JSON (intended for use with burpfs).
December 18th, 2012
· This version has a bugfix for split/strip_vss = 1 on the client side always causing all files to be backed up.
· It makes configure report /usr as the default prefix.
November 3rd, 2012
· Options to either store Windows VSS headers separately to the actual file data, or to strip it out, were added.
· A command line 'vss_strip' program was added for extracting the file data from a file containing both VSS data and the file data.
· An 'ssl_cipher' option was added.
· There were various small bugfixes.
October 9th, 2012
· An important bug in exclude_comp was fixed.
· Users of version 1.3.14 clients should upgrade as soon as possible.
· A bug in the read_blockdev option was fixed.
· A 'version_warn=[0|1]' option was added.
September 29th, 2012
· '-l / logfile=' options were downloaded because they didn't work properly and were adding too much complexity to the code.
· The ability to restore to a different client was added.
· Improvements were made to the progress counters.
· The ability to exclude compression by file extension was added. Many small bugs were fixed.
August 29th, 2012
· 'Forward' timestamp references were removed from backup directories to allow for easier deletion of backup directories.
· password_check=[0|1] was added to options on the server.
· It defaults to on.
· Turning it off disables client password checks (although SSL certificates are still checked).
· Deleted files are counted.
June 9th, 2012
· This version fixes a bug introduced in the new storage directory structure code that had the potential to corrupt backups.
· It forces directory_tree = 0 for clients on versions lower than 1.3.6.
· It will escape '-' symbols in man pages.
· It will save received certs as temporary files and then rename them to avoid accidentally truncating the current ones.
· If a Windows VSS snapshot fails, the program will not continue.
· 32-bit mingw64 has difficulty printf-ing multiple %llu items and sometimes even segfaults, so the counters are split into individual printfs.
May 29th, 2012
· This version stores files in a directory structure like that of the original client.
· It fix a bug which caused file times not to be set on Windows directories during restoration.
April 28th, 2012
· Automatically converts backslashes to forward slashes for includes/excludes on Windows clients.
· Adds 'client_can_force_backup', 'client_can_list', 'client_can_restore' and 'client_can_verify' options.
· Adds the ability to trigger a backup from the server side.
· Adds a 'notify_success_changes_only' option, which means that success notifications only get sent if there were new or changed files.
· Has some OS X fixes.
· For each file, stores the compression setting in the manifest. Small bugfixes.