April 1st, 2013
· Linux Kernel 3.8
· Enlightenment 0.17.1
· Midori 0.4.9
· Terminology 0.3.0
· eCcess system tool
· Ubiquity 2.12
January 4th, 2013
· This release is exciting for a number of reasons. To start with, we are introducing a few new things with this update release.
· With this release, we will now be maintaining two 32bit install discs: One that is PAE enabled by default and one that is not. The kernel without PAE will be an older stable kernel (in this case 3.2) while the PAE enabled kernel will be the latest kernel - for 2.2.0 this means 3.7 kernel. Our 64bit release also comes with the 3.7 kernel.
March 23rd, 2012
· The end of March is approaching and that means our first quarter update release is here! As is the case with all our update release packages are fairly fresh. Enlightenment has been built from a fresh SVN pull from March 20th and the default Midori browser has been updated to the latest release.
· A more current build of the Linux kernel is in use as well. We are using the 3.2.0-19 build from upstream Ubuntu sources this release.
· Beyond that you will find current versions of other non-default software in our repositories including Firefox 11, Chromium 17 and LibreOffice 3.5
· A new feature this LiveCD sports that previous releases lacked is the ability to boot fully into system memory (RAM). Selecting this option will take slightly long for the live environment to boot (and needs at least 512meg RAM) - but once it is fully loaded things will run much quicker than they do from the CD and you can even eject/remove the disc! Neat right?
· We also implemented a number of minor improvements to the base system. These include resolving an issue that had prevented PCManFM's application menu from working.
· E17's everything module calculator feature now works out of the box.
· Enlightenment's notification module is now enabled by default in our profiles.
· Our setup wizard got some much needed color improvements.
· and finally - as always - the default theme selection got a rotation.
December 23rd, 2011
· All of our Bodhi users have been good little boys and girls this year it seems! So good in fact we are giving you your present a day early. The Bodhi team and I are happy to announce our next update release - Bodhi 1.3.0. While you will not find any earth shattering new features in this release there are many minor improvements.
· Most notably you will find the use of the new "itask" module in three of our profiles, it is far more flexible than our old taskbar module. Also worth noting is that our installer slide show has gotten a much needed make over, along with further updates to our on disc documentation and a pretty new installer icon.
· Software wise you will find a fresh Enlightenment desktop built from SVN this week and the Midori 0.4.2 web browser. In terms of themes this release features Agust, BlingBlack, PinkBodhi and Sunshine.
· You can find our high speed torrent download here or the slower direct download here. As this is just a minor release current Bodhi users can easily update their systems to these packages following the directions here (it is recommend you do a full reboot or at least X restart after these updates).
· In other Bodhi related news I have been hacking happily away at Bodhi for ARM. Beyond our Genesi partner hardware I have been working at getting file systems prepared for the Nokia N900 and the HP TouchPad running Bodhi's enlightenment desktop. These file systems will be based on Debian Wheezy (The current squeeze release lacks enough ARM support to be used).
· Finally have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Great New Year Linux folks. Oh - and don't forget to vote on your favorite Christmas themed desktop this weekend!
September 9th, 2011
· Linux 3.0.0
· Enlightenment built from SVN on 09/06/11
· Midori 0.4.0
· Firefox 6.0
· Chromium 13
· Opera 11.51
· nVidia 280.13
March 27th, 2011
· PCManFM replaces nautilus
· gnome-menus replaced with lxmenu-data
· added alt-tab to tablet profile by default
· increased all text size by 20%
· added lupin-casper package
· update desktop profile to be a “classic” desktop
· added text plymouth
· Updated plymouth theme
· Updated quick start for more language support
· Updated kernel to 2.6.35-28
· Added Bodhi Entry to E main menu