New in version 11nov13
November 12th, 2013
- The cull.cgi script has been moved into blink as an admin call.
New in version 09nov13 (November 11th, 2013)
- A system using the SHORT variable has been introduced to keep the blog's pages at or under the hosting service's compute-cycle limit.
- By setting SHORT to true and CYCLES to number of pages which can be served daily, blog use will be kept within the monthly limit.
New in version 27oct13 (October 28th, 2013)
- A bugfix was made in the ACCESS system.
- A typo was fixed in cull.cgi.
New in version 25oct13 (October 26th, 2013)
- A bug in the despam method was fixed.
- The access list has been moved from the CGI script to a file.
- Adding IP addresses to the access list has been automated through the admin log.
New in version 23oct13 (October 24th, 2013)
- The "Next Page" link now correctly displays the earliest entries if they are less than COUNT in number.
- cull.cgi has been added to the download. This allows the user to view the entries from earliest to latest and delete entries that are no longer relevant.
New in version 21oct13 (October 21st, 2013)
- When spam entries are removed from the blog, their entries are now deleted from the admin log.
New in version 18oct13 (October 19th, 2013)
- Spam handling has been refined so that it uses fewer resources.
New in version 12oct13 (October 14th, 2013)
- A safety feature was added to prevent anyone but the owning IP of a post from overwriting it.
- This allows the owner to edit a new post with the "back" button, but prevents spammers from overwriting the post.
- The remaining tmpfile used in the CGI was converted to internal methods.
- No tmpfiles are used any more by blink.
- The possibly futile ban mechanism, using $BANNED, was replaced with an optional access mechanism, using $ACCESS.
- The noisy grep call was silenced.
New in version 05oct13 (October 7th, 2013)
- The open post feature has been improved.
- A SHORT variable has been introduced for temporary shutdowns.
New in version 14aug13 (August 14th, 2013)
- More bugfixes have been made to tags and searching.
New in version 16jun13 (June 17th, 2013)
- A bugfix was made for the case where, in what appears to be a bot-generated call, $START had no value and a page with no posts was generated.
New in version 15jun13 (June 15th, 2013)
- A bug in the admin's deletion mode was fixed.
New in version 14jun13 (June 15th, 2013)
- Blink's "next" link now loads a full page of $COUNT entries.
- Ephemera adds the remote client's IP address to its log.
New in version 26may13 (May 29th, 2013)
- The ephemera.cgi variant has been added.
- It displays all posts, deletes posts older than 24 hours, and is much simpler than blink.
- As for blink, bugfixes and refinements were made for the new naming scheme.
- Back button editing of current posts was restored.
New in version 10oct12 (February 13th, 2013)
- Improved safety of admin file deletion.