Bible-Discovery 3.6.2 - Changelog
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.6.2:September 27th, 2013
- You can use automatic and manual backup/restore. You can save the notes, commentaries, bookmarks and highlights.
- You can use an Internet proxy for download window.
- Bug fixes
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.6.0:May 29th, 2013
- New modern English Bible translation:
- NASB: New American Standard Bible
- NASB+: New American Standard Bible with Strong's Numbers and NAS Exhaustive Concordance
- New modern Spanish translations:
- LBLA: La Biblia de las Américas
- NBLH: Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy
- Translations with red letters text: EMTV, WEB, WEBBE, WEBME, KJV, OEB, OEBcth, ThaiKJV, Ukrainian, UkrKulish
- 22 translations have been reimported, which contain paragraphs.
- Bug fixes
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.5:April 20th, 2013
- 30 Bible translations have been re-created because of section and chapter headings and footnotes. You need to use the new program version for these modules.
- Re-created: EMTV, Esperanto, Etheridge, FrePGR, GerAlbrecht, GerReinhardt, GerTafel, GerTextbibel, HUN, KJV, Latvian, LEB, Mal1865, Ndebele, Norsk, Noyes, OEB, OEBcth, OSMHB, PorLivre, RNKJV, SomKQA, SpaTDP, Swe1917, TNT, UKJV, WEB, WEBBE, WEBME
- New module: SweFolk1998 - Svenska Folkbibeln
- The language of the German interface has been updated.
- Bug fixes
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.4.1:February 21st, 2013
- There is a new user interface language: Italian
- Bug fixes
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.4.0:February 6th, 2013
- The download window has been renewed. It become more beautiful and comfortable, and has been prepared for integration of hundreds new modules (Like ESV, The Message, NIV, NKJV, etc.).
- The registration of paid products become more easier. After giving e-mail address and a password you can register all paid modules by one click.
- You can set the "toolbar buttons visibility". 3 options: user friendly/Almost all buttons are visible/my settings
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.3.0:November 26th, 2012
- This version contains more than 60 changes, which primarily serve the convenience and usability
- You can reach 90% of program functions without mouse
- Keyboard shortcuts: Alt+0: jumps to Bible panel. Alt+1..7: jumps to the tab page according the number. F1: menu for panel swith. F2: menu for panel possibilities. Alt+K: in the Bible panel adds commentary to the current verse. Alt+B: adds the current verse to the bookmarks. In the Bible panel, you can use the up, down, home, end, page up, page down keys to navigate. You can use Tab key for changing focus. By pressing Alt+Down on search fields, the word history appears. Ctrl-Space views the search field word recommendations. Alt+F: jumps to the search field. Alt+L: jumps to the search list. Alt+W: jumps to the preview. On Mac OS you can use Cmd instead of Alt key combinations.
- Search panel has been renewed
- By changing the verse in the Bible panel, you can get the cross-reference list continuously in a new tab page.
- In the dictionary panel searching for the Greek/Hebrew word transliteration is now easier
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.2.1:October 25th, 2012
- The Bible Maps module has been improved. Now some paths and territorial boundaries can be displayed, like the Apostle Paul's missionary trips, the territorial boundaries of the tribes of Israel, and the most important ancient trade routes.
- Searching Greek/Hebrew transliteration of words in Strong's numbered dictionaries has been simplified, you can one-touch access to this function.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.2:September 25th, 2012
- The Bible Maps module is ready! You can see the current chapter of Bible in parallel with the maps, cities and places. Approximately 1,000 known historic sites are in the database, as well as aerial relief, contemporary urban places and country boundaries.
- The user interface of the program was completely redesigned! The program is more clear and convenient. On the left side is the Bible panel, on the right side is a tabbed pane with 5 main panels (search, dictionary, bookmarks, notes, map).
- The toolbars of the Bible, the dictionary and the note panels are customizable. You can hide the rarely-used buttons.
- Several bugs have been fixed and there are a lot of minor changes in the new version.
- New Bible translations: CzeB21, EMTV, FreBBB, Lithuanian, SpaRV1909, ThaiKJV
- New commentary: FreCJE
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.1.1:August 1st, 2012
- The verse copying function has been improved.
- New Bible translations: AKJV, Antoniades, ArmWestern, CatBEC, CebBugna, FrePGR, GerBengel, GreVamvas, IndBaru, IndLama, IndSeha, KJVPCE, Latvian, Maori, Ndebele, NorSMB, OEB, OEBcth, OSMHB, PolNBG, PolPUBG, PorAR, PorJFA-RA, PorJFA-RA(Br), PorJFA-RC, RomGBVN, SerDK, SerDS, Shona, SpaRVG, SweKarlXII, SweKarlXII1873, UkrKulish, WEBBE, WEBME
- Updated Bible translations: BurJudson, Che1860, Elzevir, HebModern, HUN, LEB, Norsk, PorLivre, TR, WEB, WHNU
- There is a new user interface language: Serbian
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.1.0:July 19th, 2012
- One part of Bible-Discovery program became freeware. More specifically, the former payable program was divided into two parts, one became freeware and one became shareware, which can be activated separately, which is an enlarged version that is suitable for studying the Bible. The free program allows you to read the Bible, to navigate, to handle bookmarks, to colorize, to listen external audio Bibles, to display dictionaries, to import external resources, etc. This change does not affect the modules, only the program. Thus, the PC/Mac version - the Android version as well - have a free version, and about the same place were separated by the free and paid options.
- The parallel and comparative Bible reading feature was significantly enhanced.
- Many smaller bug fixes and enhancements was included in the new version. This update is highly recommended for all users of Bible-Discovery.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.0.5:April 3rd, 2012
- Now you can search a text in more than one Bible translation or dictionary at a time.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.0.3:February 2nd, 2012
- The language of the Spanish and Portuguese interface has been updated.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.0.2:January 18th, 2012
- Any audio Bible can be integrated into the program, if every mp3 file contains exactly one chapter of the Bible. Various audio-Bible sound files can be downloaded or purchased on different websites that can even be used in Bible Discovery software (if they have the proper format). Thus, more than 600 audio Bible can be integrated from the www.faithcomesbyhearing.com, and more than 10 from www.audiotreasure.com.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 3.0:November 29th, 2011
- The appearance of the program has been redesigned. Now it looks like the modern Android version of Bible-Discovery.
- Already you can write notes as well (eg, for preaching, sermons in the church), and you can add your own commentary to the verses.
- It is possible to integrate e-Books. Essentially, almost any good quality Christian literature can be made readable, searchable by the program (if the raw text format and the license are appropriate, so can be converted) and the MySword, TheWord books can be converted easily in the import menu.
- The version 3.x series is free for those who bought the Bible-Discovery program PC/Mac version in the past one year. (After 2010.11.23) They can still register the new 3.x program version with the old product serial number.
- Those who have purchased the program earlier, can upgrade to version 3.x: please see the ordering page for more information.
- Those who do not want to upgrade to version 3.x, we provide a return to version 2.9.2. They can redownload the 2.9.2 version and use it as long as they wish. But the old version will no longer be included the new developments.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.9.2:October 12th, 2011
- This version allows the use of "The Word" Bible translations, dictionaries, and commentaries.
- First, convert them to MySword format, then import these converted files in the import menu of Bible-Discovery.
- You can publish an alternative download place (link) so that Bible translations, self-made dictionaries, and commentaries can be download within the program.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.9:September 26th, 2011
- In the Bible and the dictionary panel you can use color and font styles: background color, foreground color, bold, italics, underline.
- The bookmark function has been changed. You can set icon and font style for each bookmark category (background color, foreground color, bold, italics, underline). The verse lists of bookmarks may be added to each other or may be removed from each other.
- There are two new user interfaces: French and Korean.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.8.3:August 1st, 2011
- In the Bible panel, you can use an automatic verse scrolling function for comfortable reading. The scrolling speed can be increased and reduced.
- There is a new button in the dictionary panel toolbar that collects all of the dictionaries in which the given word can be looked up.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.8.2:July 25th, 2011
- A tabbed page displaying problem that occurred on the Mac OS X operating system was fixed.
- The importing function has been improved. You can import dictionaries and commentaries as well.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.8.1:July 17th, 2011
- There is a new quick bookmarking function. You can use it with right click.
- New commentaries: DTN, DutKant, Geneva, JFB, Lightfoot, MAK, Rieger, TFG
- New dictionaries: Hitchcock, Packard, Robinson, SAOA, TCR
- New Bible translations: Byz, GerAlbrecht, LEB, PorLivre, PorTB
- Displaying of dictionaries was made faster
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.8:June 29th, 2011
- In the new version you can use commentaries as well. The commentaries are verse comments. Downloadable versions: Barnes, Clarke, MHC, MHCC, Scofield, TSK, Wesley.
- The searching of the verses become faster. Displaying of the parallel verses became faster.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.7.1:June 13th, 2011
- Bible panel right click context menu possibilities have been complemented.
- A registration problem that occurred rarely on the Mac OS X operating system was fixed.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.7:May 30th, 2011
- The main window appearance has changed significantly. Two types of layout can be set (horizontal / vertical).
- When looking up a word, the program marks the dictionaries that contain this word or this Strong's number. It separately marks those in which this word can be looked up, and those in which this word can be searched.
- You can set the default dictionary for word lookups (not only for Strong numbers)
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.6:March 8th, 2011
- Now you can download and install modules (Bible translations, dictionaries, cross references) from the program
- You can get the verse history last 10 days
- Registration of shareware modules become simplier
- The program checks once every week if there is a newer program version, and displays the changes
- The minimum requirement is Java 1.6
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.5.1:November 7th, 2010
- In the Bible panel you can turn the page in the search results
- The verse display speed become approx. doubled. Thanks to the upcoming version of Android Bible.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.5:October 1st, 2010
- You can open any number Bible window in the program.
- With the middle button of the mouse you can open a new Bible window, contains the current verse or verse reference.
- In the Bible panel can be diplayed the search result.
- More Bible translation has been integrated, you can download from the Internet: 19 English translations, 2 Greek translations, 21 translations with other language
- The installation file will install some new fonts, which can be nicely displayed the Greek and Hebrew characters
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.4.2:August 1st, 2010
- You can use a new function in the parallel view, use ctrl + left click to tint to red the same Strong number within a Bible verse.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.4.1:June 20th, 2010
- The registration process has become simpler.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.3:April 30th, 2009
- This update is mainly aimed at the convenience features. Several features have been included to facilitate the operations.
- The bookmark manager has been renewed.
- There is a new Portuguese user interfase.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.2.2:January 12th, 2009
- This release extends the software with Spanish and Russian interfaces.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.2.1:October 5th, 2008
- The language of the German interface has been updated.
- A German Web site has been added.
What's new in Bible-Discovery 2.2:September 21st, 2008
- The interface of program is clearer and more unambiguous.
- Knowledge of the advanced search window has grown significantly.
- The KJV (King James) Bible was reimported and contains morphological tags.