August 9th, 2011
· New supported compiler: experimental support for IAR on Cortex-M3 CPU
· New CPU family: support for AVR XMega CPUs.
· New CPU: Atmel SAM3X
· New CPU: STM32F100RB
· New feature: LWIP network stack.
· New feature: priority inheritance protocol for semaphores.
· New driver: SAM7X EMAC driver.
· New driver: seven segment display. You can now drive many seven segment items with one driver.
· New driver: NAND KBlock driver.
· New driver: Himax HX8347 LCD controller.
· New module: TFTP server. You can use it to implement a bootloader that updates the firmware using network transfers
· New interface for PWM driver
· Many bugfixes in drivers and wizard
November 9th, 2010
· New supported CPU: Atmel SAM3N Cortex-M3
· New supported CPU: ATmega1280 (Contributed by Fabio Bizzi)
· New supported board: Arduino Mega (Contributed by Fabio Bizzi)
· New module: USB support for STM32.
· New driver: usb-serial driver
· New driver: usb keyboard device. You can use BeRTOS to create a usb keyboard.
· New driver: usb mouse device. You can use BeRTOS to create a usb mouse.
· New interface for block devices: KBlock
· New module: generic event completion infrastructure
· New and more flexible I2C API.
· New module: BitArray. Easily manipulate unlimited length arrays of bits.
· Fixed serial driver in ATmega32
· New supported programmers in BeRTOS SDK: Segger JLink, Atmel SAM-ICE, IAR J-Link
September 6th, 2010
· This release fixes a build bug in empty and kernel presets for lm3s-based projects. All users are encouraged to upgrade their existing installations.
March 24th, 2010
· Synchronous Timer Scheduler: convenient API to perform periodic tasks on very tiny embedded systems.
· Preemptive Scheduler: a long awaited feature is now in BeRTOS!
· New driver: Texas Instruments TLV5618 DAC module
· Add heap module to the Wizard: now you can use and configure the BeRTOS dynamic memory allocator directly from the wizard.
· Dynamic memory allocation for processes: you don't need to provide a memory area for your processes, the stack will be automatically created by the kernel.
October 20th, 2009
· This release adds the CRC-CCITT algorithm (a standard CRC algorithm), the AX25 protocol (a communication protocol used extensively on amateur packet radio networks), the AFSK1200 modem driver (a modem built on top of AFSK modulation), NMEA-0183 (a data parser for GPS packets based on the nmeap library), National LM75 and Texas Instruments TMP123 temperature sensor drivers, a Freescale MPxx6115A pressure sensor driver and the KFileMem module (a KFile interface on a memory buffer).
· The Website is now available in English.
November 13th, 2008
· This is a major refactoring version.
· There are huge changes in interfaces and many new features.
· This includes major kernel refactoring, new peripheral drivers, a new I2C driver and interface, a PCF8574 I2C port expander, an FT245 USB to parallel interface, a new PID controller algorithm, a new configuration infrastructure, a new testing harness, a new logging infrastructure, and an initial experimental embedded filesystem (BattFs).