March 24th, 2010New features:
· Export baskets in basket-archive files, and open them on another computer
· Open welcome baskets at first launch (including tips & tricks), and let people re-open them later in the Help menu.
· Easily import from text files and cut notes logicaly.
· You can change the folder where baskets are saved (to ~/Baskets, ~/Notes or /mnt/myserver/baskets for instance).
· You can easily backup and restore basket data.
· Added a new background image
Changes in HTML exportation:
· Export all sub-baskets when exporting to HTML
· Show a progress dialog when exporting to HTML, and to not show progress dialogs for every single file copy
· No more annoying dialog with useless options when exporting to HTML
Changed behaviors of the application:
A behavior I wanted to add for a long time, making BasKet Note Pads acts more naturally. I haven't changed it before because I needed to work arround a lot of bugs to make it seamless. Here is all what's changing, for a better, more natural use:
· Note editors are now exactly the same size as the note.
· Even if notes are bigger than the screen.
· Everytimes (sometimes they were not exactacly the same size, until you waited for 3 seconds).
· No more double-scrollbars bug.
· The basket is scrolled to the cursor position when typing, so you can see what you type.
· No more unwanted auto-scroll to the begin of a big note when starting and ending editing.
· Clicking a link is opening it, and clicking the icon edit it (inverted button and link clicks). It was an important usabilty issue.
· Global keyboard shortcuts changed to not interfer anymore with other global or application keyboard shortcuts.
· Pressing Escape in a basket unselect all notes.
· Always keep a space tall of 15 pixels at the bottom of columns, so that adding new notes there is quick and easy.
· Fixed five crashs often reported using the Crash Report Mailer, and possibly solve four other minor crashes I can not reproduce. This 1.0 version should be really stable compared to 0.6.0.
· Finally solved a very annoying bug on free-form baskets load with animations: free notes do not randomly grow in width anymore!
· Removed the bug that was not always focusing the text-editor when clicking to edit a note. Was quite annoying!
· Kontact integration is back for KDE 3.5.6.
· Ensure the current basket name visible in the tree, even when using Alt+Up / Alt+Down...
· Raise the main window when opening a basket archive from the desktop or Konqueror.
· Do not save the notes to disk at every letter typed! Go back to the scheme of saving after 3 seconds of inactivity. Results in better performance, especially in password-encrypted baskets where notes were re-encrypted at every letter the user typed.
· Optimisation: Uncache the note pixmap buffers when a basket is closed (another one is made active) to save a lot of memory.
· Compile with GCC 4.2.
· Accept only English comments in LikeBack (people who read the comments are more and more international and there are too much LikeBack comments).
· Don't spam stderr, even when compiled without debug.