September 15th, 2012
· This version fixes a serious segmentation fault introduced in release 5.2.11.
September 11th, 2012Important changes since last release:
· A new bpluginfo utility tool
· Make dump_resource respect console ACL's (security fix)
· Add chio-changer-openbsd submitted in bug #1903
· Important Copy job bug fixed.
· Add JobId to SD debug output
· Commit batch session every 800,000 files
· Simplify safer delete code using a single regex
· Clean up error message generation during update attributes -- should fix bug #1823
· Eliminate heartbeat error messages. Fixes bug #1925
· Apply patch from bug #1911 to implement --with-logdir
· Add chio-changer-openbsd submitted in bug #1903
· mysql database install/update scripts patch. Fixes bug #1901
· Delegate uid/gid changing to systemd. Fixes bug #1905
· Fix bug #1906
· Fix manpage errors, fixes bug #1907
· Final fix for #1859 missed one query.
· bpluginfoUtility tool display various information
· Backport more master code
· Fix Makefile.in so that testfind builds with acl dependency
· Make dump_resource respect console ACL's (security fix)
· backport code from master
· Fix #1923 about MySQL 4 support for BVFS
· Fix #1902 about bad status slots output
· Fix Sigma Copy bug #4377
· Fix bsmtp
· Reset bsmtp to only send to IPv4 mailhosts.
Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
· 1823 1859 1901 1902 1903 1905 1906 1907 1911 1923 1925 4377
January 27th, 2012
· Disable usage of JS_Warning waiting for a more complete implementation
· Removed old sd plugins which doesn't work anymore.
· Adapt sample-query.sql for Warning job status
· Fix location of Qt dlls for Win64 build
· Fix MediaView::getSelection
November 29th, 2011
· Implement -t option for Bat
· Require correct Qt version 4.6.2 or later to build bat
· Get new lib/plugins.h
· Pull new SD plugin files from Master
· Fix script to set mode of cats scripts
· Add Systemd configure options
· Split messages line by line before sending it to syslog() fix #3325
· Fix bvfs_restore on MySQL
· Fix #3308 where a SMTP problem can block the director
· Change locking scheme of the mountpoint cache.
· Enhance mountcache with rescan option after interval.
· Add %D option to edit_job_code, simplify callbacks on director side
· Move Zdeflate and Zinflate to seperate file.
· Put libraries in the correct order for non shared libs.
· Remove last traces of @SQL_BINDIR@ and @DB_TYPE@
· Fix bug #1774
· Move batch insert detection into db.m4
· bat: try to fix offset button problem when clicking too much on previous
· bvfs: Use single transaction for each job during update
· Add missing bwild & bregex man8 pages
· Fix compilation issue of wx-console #1778
· bvfs: fix filter for pattern= bvfs parameter
· Improve speed of BVFS with SQLite, Thanks to J.Starek
· bvfs: add clear_cache function
· bvfs: Handle windows drive when building path hierarchy
October 31st, 2011
· This 5.2.1 version is a major release since the last version 5.0.3. It includes well over 299,387 lines of changes made by 20 contributors, lots of bug fixes (see below), 1,851 software commits,and a number of important new features.
August 8th, 2010Compatibility:
· As always, both the Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at the same time.
· Older 5.0.x and 3.0.x File Daemons are compatible with the 5.0.3 Director and Storage daemons. There should be no need to upgrade older File Daemons.
Changes and New Features:
· If a VSS (Windows) snapshot fails, the whole Job is failed, previously it printed a warning message and continued.
· New editing codes %b = Job Bytes and %f = Job Files for runscripts
· Any non-Bacula project plugins (i.e. third party plugins) must be upgraded to specify AGPLv3 in place of the GPLv2 used previously for the PLUGIN_LICENSE.
· The bat Media page text columns can be sorted by clicking on the column.
· If possible, the SD will automatically update the catalog Volume size if it does not match the Volume size. The mismatch between the Volume sizes typically occurs when the FD has a comm line drop or the FD crashes.
· 1538 1554 1564 1567 1568 1569 1571 1577 1581 1582 1587 1594 1595 1606 1610
· Change license from GPLv2 to AGPLv3
· Make Win32 no filesystem change more explicit
· Backport Branch-4.0 release to Branch-5.0
· Massive backport from Branch-5.1 to Branch-5.0
· Fix postgresql catalog creation when version is not on the first line
· Fix bug #1610 handle empty xattr values on Linux and xBSD.
· Garbage collect memory pool at end of job and before sm_dump
· Add xattr seg fault protection suggested by Marco for bug #1610
· Add archlinux to os.m4
· More fixes for 32/64 bit problems in smartall
· Fix 32/64 bit problem in smartalloc dump routine
· Fix bad copy/paste in commit c88dccb88 prably a seg fault
· Add .dump and .exit commands for daemons
· Make SD automatically fix the Volume size in the Catalog when out of sync
· Use Pmsg in smartall.c rather than printf for tracing Windows
· Up maximum block size to 20M
· Fix for TLS bugs #1568 and #1599
· Improve comm line error handling for TLS, may fix bug #1568 and #1599
· Fix problem when sending Cancel event to plugin
· Convert all Jmsg on the watchdog thread to Qmsg
· Fix SD crash due to mismatched lock/unlock in error condition
· Fix bug #1587 if you have clients with different catalogs configured, both catalogs contains all clients after a reload or restart of the dir
· Fix bug #1577 During migration: ERROR in block.c:950 Failed ASSERT: dev->is_open() by moving and commenting out the ASSERT()
· Skip HB kill in FD if HB thread terminated
· Fix crash from unequal volume_lock/unlock calls
· New prunning algorithm -should be more accurate
· Save any dumps during regression to dumps directory
· Fix crash from rw_lock/unlock miss match
· Attempt to fix duplicate job kill seg fault
· Replace pthread_kill by my_thread_send_signal() in jcr.c
· fix #1595 about batch mode detection problem for postgresql with non standard install dir
· Fix #1594 about prune copy jobs
· Apply literal string fix in printf submitted by Luca Berra
· Fix bug #1582 Restore from multiple storage daemons breaks subsequent backups
· Fix segfault on "cancel jobid=" command
· Fix bug #1554 Windows installer doesn't honor /S flag
· Remove pool zap code that breaks 2drive-concurrent-test
· Fix #1571 and install libraries with 755 perms
· Fix bug #1581 ASSERTs in src/dird/jobq.c can never trigger
· Fix problem with BaseJob and Accurate FileSet options on client side
· Fix for bug #1569 deadlock/crash in Dir
· Fix segfault when loading Plugins
· Fix #1567 about display of long volume names truncated during restore
· Added new bacula-libs package.
· Fix bug #1538 Start Scripts return incorrect value
· Fix bug #1564 init scripts not LSB compliant
February 26th, 2010
· This is a major bug fix release including a few directives that have been rewritten, one new directive, and some different directive behavior (see the release notes below). As is usual for a patch release (last digit changes by one), this version is compatible with the 5.0.0 database and with prior clients. However, you *must* upgrade all components that are on any one machine (that is you must upgrade your Director, Storage daemon, and File daemon at the same time, if they reside on the same machine).
· Note, Bacula does not normally uninstall previous versions, and we have changed the shared object naming convention, so you might want to first save your configuration files then uninstall the old Bacula using the old Bacula uninstall prior to installing the new one.
· If you do not, it should not be serious, but you may be left with some older Bacula shared objects that are not used and hence wasting a small amount of disk space. If you are upgrading from version 3.0.x or prior, please see the full release notes as you must do a database upgrade. When updating from 5.0.0 to this release there is no database upgrade needed.
· Scott has made a number of changes and improvements in the rpm packaging over the past few weeks since version 5.0.0 was released, so he will probably be releasing the 5.0.1 rpms quite soon.
January 26th, 2010Bug fixes:
· 1337 1351 1352 1354 1357 1361 1367 1369 1370 1373
· 1376 1391 1403 1409 1420 1422 1427 1428 1431 1450
· 1454 1455 1458 1456
· Problem that locks the Director when the SMTP server wasn't responding to the bsmtp program
· Restore's dir command shows incorrect file sizes
· Fix various problems with the reload command
· Fix problems with conio
· Eliminate several deadlocks or potential race conditions from SD
· Project 5: Truncate volume after purge
· Project 6: File Deduplication using Base Jobs
· Project 10: Restore from Multiple Storage Daemons
· Project 11: AllowCompression per Device
· Project 23: Add Maximum Concurent Jobs for Devices to balance load between drives
· Add Accurate Fileset Options to configure accurate detection. Can use checksum verification for example.
· Allow FD to keep root read but drop write permission (CAP)
· Secure handling of passwords for catalog backup
· Add Tab-completion for Bconsole when using Readline
· Add Bvfs API to query the catalog without building a memory tree
· Add new speed test to btape program
· Add new Bat screens (Autochanger content, Job view, Media view, ...)
· Windows version of Bat
· Added Spanish Bacula translation
· New bconsole -u nnn option to have timeout on commands
· Allow Migrate, Copy, and Virtual Full to read and write to the same Pool
· show disabled -- shows disabled Jobs
· Add Pool File and Job retention periods (take precedence over Client)
· Many ACL improvements
· Level added to FD status Job entry
· Allow turning on/off Block Checksum per device
· Set Device Poll interval to 5 minutes -- previously did not poll
· Implement lock manager with bad order protection
· As always, both the Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at the same time, and on any given machine, you must run only one version of Bacula. This means that on the Director and Storage daemon machines, you *must* upgrade your File daemon as well.
· Older 3.0.x and possibly 2.4.x File Daemons are compatible with the 5.0.0
· Director and Storage daemons. There should be no need to upgrade older File
· Daemons immediately. However, we recommend that you do so as soon as is reasonable for your situation.
July 22nd, 2009Bug fixes:
· 1029, 1285, 1298, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1311, 1315, 1317, 1318, 1323, 1325, 1331, 1333, 1335
· Fix problem with the Postgresql driver that sometime displays values
· Cleanup old job records when starting the Director
· Fix bugs in xattr code
· Fix encoding problem with Postgresql
· Fix that prevents restore by file selection from using Copy job
· Security enhancement for the File Daemon
· New directive to specify source address for outgoing connexions
· Show volume availability in autochanger when doing restore. This is project 31 in the projects file.
· Add accurate=yes/no option to estimate command
· Add --with-hostname, --with-bsrdir, --with-logdir to ./configure
· Add a restore menu that contructs a full restore when entering a JobId. This is project 2 in the projects file.
· Add new Nagios plugin
April 30th, 2009Fixed:
· Check for job_canceled() in fd_plugin code.
· Update Win32 table creation to have new DB version 11 format
· Remove illegal Options in Exclude of default Win32/64 bacula-dir.conf
· Remove 'Reposition' messages when restoring
· Updated projects file
· Tweak version string to display versionid field at the end and keep fields order.
· Add additional mysql connection debug code submitted by: Chandranshu
· Modify insertion of read Volumes in SD to be done *before* the drive reservation. This ensures that a Volume to be read will not be reserved for writing. Significant improvement in eliminating tape deadlock situations.
January 30th, 2009
· kes Fix annoying compiler warnings in console/conio.c
· kes Fix win32 build (depended whether or not ./configure was run).
· kes Apply fix suggested by Bruno Friedmann to configure.in to find python2.5
· kes Turn on Eric's match_bsr tape block checking code.
· kes Correct values used for tape block numbers in record.c.
· ebl Fix a problem with PoolUncopiedJobs option which was broken by the new JT_JOB_COPY type.
· kes Fix bug #1206 -- Error: sql_update.c:194, which was probably caused by the user modifying the Bacula DB schema.
· kes Remove rogue line of C code.
· kes Fix bug #1208
January 12th, 2009
· This release prevents inappropriate Volume purging.
· It fixes restore problems with accents in the path and two migration issues.
· It also corrects a storage daemon hang, problems when using runscript with Unicode paths under Win32, and an issue with job name duplication if more than 60 jobs were created in a minute.
· It no longer migrates failed jobs.
December 7th, 2008
· This release fixes bugs with purging (volumes purged while being written and long retention periods causing immediate purging).
· Failed jobs are prevented from being migrated.
· A problem with volumes that are not in the autochanger was corrected.
October 26th, 2008
· This beta release introduces new features like "accurate backup" (tracking of deleted files in incremental/differential backups), copy jobs, "Virtual Backup" (consolidating full and subsequent differential/incremental backups into a new full backup), and TLS authentication.
· Bacula now uses shared libraries to reduce memory footprint, allows bextract to restore data of "non-portable" Win32 backups on any OS, and offers better control over duplicate jobs and upgrading jobs to Differential or Full.
· The release also introduces a plugin API and a plugin for backing up Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007.
October 11th, 2008
· This is a bug fix to version 2.4.2. All daemons are compatible with other 2.4.x versions.
· 1159, 1162. 1149, 1128, 1143, 1140, 1129
· Apply 2.4.2-cancel-non-running-jobs.patch to be able to cancel a non created job faster.
· This should correct bug #1159 where Migration does not properly respect the Migration Low Bytes directive.
· Fix typo in configure.in that breaks --with-db-password option
· This code should fix the race condition that leads to a Director crash at job end time when the job list is updated. This was reported in bug #1162.
· Remove all double quotes from SQLite creating script and replace by single quotes as suggested by John Huttley.
· Fix SQL case problem that may cause the failure of DiskToCatalog in bug #1149.
· Copy missing storage name into edit buffer. As far as I can tell this never caused a bug.
· Remove catalog dependency for bcopy
· Modify catalog scripts to have an easier packaging integration, using default variables. Make difference between SQLite3 and SQLite in db_get_type()
· Attempt to fix bug #1128 InChanger flag cleared during Migration job when reading from one autochanger and writing to another.
· Add more information to SD acquire.c INFO messages.
· Fix NULL Volume name error when reading and the drive must be switched.
· Fix a Verify InitCatalog problem where in certain cases a garbage filename may be entered in the verification database. This fixes bug #1143.
· Add space after version before date in bat about dialog.
· Fix seg fault in Dir during estimate command with no level value given. This fixes bug #1140.
· Add message to migration job when the target job is already migrated. This closes bug #1129.