March 21st, 2013
· This version add kernel modules for pfsync, coretemp, and amdtemp.
· There is a new package named "tayga" (a userland stateless NAT64 daemon), and net-snmp has been replaced by the native FreeBSD bsnmpd.
January 17th, 2013
· This version fixes 2 major bugs (netmap unusable and ipfw_nat module missing) and provides an image for a new architecture: sparc64.
December 21st, 2012
· This version has upgraded to FreeBSD 9.1-release and includes SCSI/RAID controllers and 10Giga Ethernet NIC drivers.
· The man pages are now included.
October 6th, 2011
· This version is based on an up-to-date FreeBSD system (8.2-Release-p4) and up-to-date packages (Quagga 0.99.20 and Bird 1.3.3).
· It fixes lots of bugs, including script problems, needed kernels patches, and a missing kernel module.
March 7th, 2011
· Update to FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE
· Reduce bootloader timeout to 1 second
· Use xz in place of bzip2 for BSDRP files (images, mtree)
· MS Windows Virtualbox lab script improvement: Permit to use a 'shared with host (hostonly)' interface
· Added: net/mpd5, a PPP Multilink daemon (multilink, PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP and EAP authentication, PPTP, L2TP, PPPoE, etc…)
· Disable polling by default: Modern NIC include interrupt management and enabling polling on this modern NIC can reduce performance
September 16th, 2010
· Minor bugfixes.
February 18th, 2010
· Based on FreeBSD 8.0-Release-p2
· “show memory” and “show traffic” options
· “rvi” , that use RCS revisionning for editing file
· “config put” / “config get” , permit to send/download config file (SCP)
· Add fprobe (NetFlow probes)
· Add OpenLLDP (Link-Layer Discovery Protocol)
· Add dhcprelya (DHCP relay)
· Replace carp in kernel by ucarp (userland carp)
· Add VRRP (using FreeVRRPd)
August 31st, 2009
· This minor release fixes all major known bugs, including a problem with permissions on a backup configuration directory and an issue with upgrading the system.
· It adds missing kernel modules (bridge and packet filter).
July 13th, 2009
· Upgraded to FreeBSD 8.0-BETA1
· Removing "ad0" or "da0" dependency using glabel: Big thanks to Scott Ullrich (pfSense) for this tips!
· Reduce the minimum disk size from 1GB to 512MB
· Tune Kernel: Enable MROUTING and ALTQ, MULTIPLE FIB (4), disable flowtable
· Improve/fix bugs in the BSDRP scripts: upgrade and config
July 9th, 2009his first release include:
· Base FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT system (NanoBSD)
· Customized script (config, upgrade, help, etc…)
· Quagga ready to use
This image was create for:
· i386 arch
· with vga/keyboard as default console
· Booting from ad0 (ATA device number 0)
· 1GB flash device
· Others releases: serial console, amd64 or boot-from-USB are available on-demand.