May 9th, 2013
· A Lightweight BIRD client for embedded environments.
· Dynamic IPv6 router advertisements.
· A new 'next hop keep' option for BGP.
· A smart default routing table for 'show route export/preexport/protocol'.
· Automatic router ID selection could be configured to use the loopback address.
· Allows configured global addresses of NBMA neighbors in OSPFv3.
· Allows BIRD commands from the Unix shell even in restricted mode.
· Route limits inherited from templates can be disabled.
· Symbol names enclosed by apostrophes can contain dots.
· Several bugfixes.
January 14th, 2013
· BIRD can now be configured to keep and show filtered routes.
· This release adds separate receive and import limits, several new reconfiguration cmd options (undo, timeout, check), configurable automatic router ID selection, Dragonfly BSD support, and fixes for OSPFv3 vlinks.
March 23rd, 2012
· This version adds Route Origin Authorization basics, makes RIPng work again, extends clist operations in filters, fixes several bugs in BSD iface handling, and adds several minor bugfixes and enhancements.
January 23rd, 2012
· This version has an important bugfix in BGP.
January 12th, 2012
· Protocol templates, a deterministic MED option for BGP, support for link-local addresses in BGP and static protocols, and several bugfixes.
October 10th, 2011
· This version adds static recursive routes and several bugfixes.
September 13th, 2011
· OSPF NSSA, BGP extended communities, BGP TTL security, a configuration option "include", and some minor bugfixes.
July 11th, 2011
· Various minor bugfixes.
· Minor improvements in configuration syntax.
May 2nd, 2011
· The Linux kernel route attributes krt_prefsrc and krt_realm were added.
· The BGP option "med metric" related to MED handling was added.
· Constants from /etc/iproute2/rt_* files may now be used.
· Several bugs were fixed.
March 31st, 2011
· iBGP improved, IPv6 RA added, many changes and bufixes, watch the NEWS file.
October 12th, 2010
· Just minor bugfixes; no new features.
August 4th, 2010
· 'show memory' command added, bugfix in IPv6 BGP.
June 1st, 2010
· Pattern matching for community lists, minor bugfixes - mainly OSPF related.
February 11th, 2010
· Some minor improvements and bugfixes.
October 2nd, 2009
· This release adds a BGP passive option and several minor bugfixes.
September 11th, 2009
· This release fixes bugs in the core and a bug in BGP related to AS2-AS4 conversion.
August 25th, 2009
· This release allows more kernel routing tables in IPv6 Linux.
· There is a bugfix in the core.
August 17th, 2009
· 'more'-style paging in the BIRD client has been introduced.
· An important core bug has been fixed.
May 27th, 2009
· BSD port renewed, minor changes in cli and config, miscellaneous bugfixes .
April 28th, 2009
· A lot of bugfixes to BGP, OSPF and in PIPE protocol filtering.
March 15th, 2009
· This release adds a lot of bugfixes to BGP, OSPF, and core, and a new syntax for BGP masks.
November 12th, 2008
· There are a lot of bugfixes in this release.
· New features include BGP md5 support, BGP ASN32 support, 4bytes AS numbers, eBGP route reflector, and iBGP route reflector.