New in version 1.4.0
November 27th, 2013
- BFD support for OSPF and BGP, BGP - allow-local-as and many other improvements.
New in version 1.3.11 (July 30th, 2013)
- This version adds an OSPF stub router option (RFC 3137), TTL security for OSPF and RIP, protocol packet priority and traffic class handling, multiple routing tables support for FreeBSD and OpenBSD, extension of constants to all filter data types, an eval command, an "bgppath ~ int set" filter operation, and several bugfixes.
New in version 1.3.10 (May 9th, 2013)
- A Lightweight BIRD client for embedded environments.
- Dynamic IPv6 router advertisements.
- A new 'next hop keep' option for BGP.
- A smart default routing table for 'show route export/preexport/protocol'.
- Automatic router ID selection could be configured to use the loopback address.
- Allows configured global addresses of NBMA neighbors in OSPFv3.
- Allows BIRD commands from the Unix shell even in restricted mode.
- Route limits inherited from templates can be disabled.
- Symbol names enclosed by apostrophes can contain dots.
- Several bugfixes.
New in version 1.3.9 (January 14th, 2013)
- BIRD can now be configured to keep and show filtered routes.
- This release adds separate receive and import limits, several new reconfiguration cmd options (undo, timeout, check), configurable automatic router ID selection, Dragonfly BSD support, and fixes for OSPFv3 vlinks.
New in version 1.3.7 (March 23rd, 2012)
- This version adds Route Origin Authorization basics, makes RIPng work again, extends clist operations in filters, fixes several bugs in BSD iface handling, and adds several minor bugfixes and enhancements.
New in version 1.3.6 (January 23rd, 2012)
- This version has an important bugfix in BGP.
New in version 1.3.5 (January 12th, 2012)
- Protocol templates, a deterministic MED option for BGP, support for link-local addresses in BGP and static protocols, and several bugfixes.
New in version 1.3.4 (October 10th, 2011)
- This version adds static recursive routes and several bugfixes.
New in version 1.3.3 (September 13th, 2011)
- OSPF NSSA, BGP extended communities, BGP TTL security, a configuration option "include", and some minor bugfixes.