February 1st, 2013
· Interactive mode supports now trigger criteria, allowing to skip interactive mode for images whose dimensions are below user-defined limits.
· This setting can be enabled or disabled and is also available in quick settings.
· A new feature allows to skip images from messages which are replied to or forwarded.
· In interactive settings dialog, clicking "apply to global settings" does not disable "apply to this session" checkboxes.
January 3rd, 2013
· The addon offers now an interactive settings mode: this mode displays a dialog for each image to resize allowing to set some settings (dimensions, jpeg quality, name) for resizing of this image only.
· This dialog offers also to keep current settings as settings for all other resizings through the session or to crush default settings.
· The addon offers now to set main settings through a "quick settings" menu into addon custom button displayed in toolbar (Nb:On Mac OS X, seems menuitems are not visibly checked when clicking on them).
· If images are converted to jpeg or png format, then file extension is now forced to new format.
· bugfix: When installing or upgrading the addon on MacOS, no information popup dialog was displayed and the addon crashed if Gloom was not installed.
· bugfix: User-defined list of patterns to filter filenames which contained non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly.
· bugfix: User-defined list of patterns to filter screenshots which contained non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly.
· bugfix: User-defined renaming patterns containing non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly.
· bugfix: Image filenames containing non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly if resizing was undone.
· The addon is now compatible with Thunderbird from v20.* to v21.0a1.
December 4th, 2012
· A new feature allows to skip resizing of images whose file size is lower than a user-defined limit.
· bugfix: Images embedded into messages from imap accounts were not handled if message was replyed or forwarded.
· bugfix: Https images drag-&-dropped from the browser or added using a link were not handled; previously only http images (without the final 's') were handled.
· bugfix: Http(s) images whose link did not finished with an image filename were not handled.
· The addon is now compatible with Thunderbird from v17.* to v20.0a1.
September 10th, 2012
· Icelandic translation has been added (thanks to Sveinn í Felli).
· Some minor changes.
· The addon is now compatible with Thunderbird from v16.* to v17.0a1.
August 16th, 2012
· Execution of compression can now be filtered regarding recipients of the message being composed: user can define separated white and black lists of patterns which can control if compression if skipped or not regarding if one or all email recipients match given patterns.
June 21st, 2012
· If undoing resizing is set so that a confirmation is asked, it's now possible to disable the setting through displayed confirmation dialog.
· Bugfix: Context menu for attached files in attachment box was not displayed for TB starting from v8.*.
· The addon is now compatible with Thunderbird from v14.* to v16.0a1.
February 28th, 2012
· Behaviour, relations and messages of settings dialog have been enhanced to improve accessibility for non-sighted people.
· Bugfix: Jpeg quality setting was not taken in account for TB >= v7.0 (canvas API for handling of jpeg quality setting has changed since this version).
· The addon is now compatible with Thunderbird v12.* and 13.0a1.
December 21st, 2011
· Some help dialogs have been added in order to guide user through addon configuration.
· bugfix: At settings dialog startup or when resetting dialog, if one of resizing setting ('enlarge'/'reduce') was disabled and one if its related dimension setting was set to 'custom' then related textbox was not disabled.
December 12th, 2011
· Resized images aspect is no longer kept for images which are added through formatting toolbar button ('insert an image'). Nevertheless a new setting has been added which allows to display resized images with original aspect.
· bugfix: Image formats setting was case-sensitive, thus setting formats with another value than "*" could lead not to resize all images if the extension wasn't exactly case-sensitively specified.
· Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v10.* and v11.0a1.
October 19th, 2011
· Inline images handling has been rewritten using native functions, thus enhancing stability.
· The addon is now able to handle http images which are drag-&-dropped from the browser or added using an http link.
· Resizing dimensions panel offers now several classic sizes in a list. It's still possible to define a custom resizing size.
· It's now possible to force format of resizing images in one of both native formats (JPEG or PNG).
· New options have been added to renaming pattern to insert automatically current date or current time in resized image file name.
· bugfix: When resizing an image file with the same name as an already-resized image file but with a different case, image file was given a doublon name. Now doublon-names check is case-insensitive.
· Maximum compatibility setting has been set for Thunderbird v6.* and v7.*
· The addon is now fully compatible with Thunderbird v8.* and v9.*.
August 23rd, 2011
· Inline images are now handled: they can be resized and unresized like attachment images.
· Settings dialog offers full control on how images are resized: inline and/or attachment images can be resized when "sending now", "sending later", "sending in background", "saving message as draft", "saving message as template", "auto saving as draft" or not.
· For each mode, it's also possible to specify if undo is possible or not, and if resizing should be skipped if any image has already been resized (generally using dedicated custom button).
· If message is saved in mailbox (draft, template, send later, etc.), then it's possible to resize or unresize inline images once the message is edited.
· Resized attachment images can be displayed with a user-chosen style in attachments pane (color, italic and/or bold).
· Renaming resized images is now smarter enough to avoid doublons.
· It's now possible to enable or disable regular expressions in source filename filtering.
· A special filter has been added for copy/pasted images. Regular expressions can be enabled or disabled for this filter.
· Temporary files created while resizing are now stored in a dedicated subdirectory of system temporary directory. This subdirectory is flushed and deleted as soon as composing dialog is closed (when message is sent or dialog is closed).
· Under TB5, the addon installation files are not unpacked anymore in extensions directory.
· Swedish translation has been added (thanks to Mikael Hiort af Ornäs).
· bugfix: The addon crashed when undoing resizing of image files whose original source file is also individually attached.
· bugfix: The addon crashed when using source filename filtering with regular expressions enabled and the renaming pattern contains an invalid regular expression.
August 17th, 2010
· The feature which allowed to add a user-defined suffix to be appended to resized images has been replaced by a renaming feature. Resized images can be renamed with a user-defined pattern.
August 3rd, 2010
· The bug which occurred when forwarding mail as attachment (add-on crashed and all composer buttons stayed disabled) has been fixed.