New in version 0.5.3
September 15th, 2009
- The tree->file transformation can now insert quotes etc. as needed.
- Path expressions support preceding-sibling and following-sibling axes, to, for example, locate a comment just before or after a specific entry.
- A much better lens was provided for xorg.conf along with new lenses for inetd.conf and multipath.conf.
- Augeas now works on AIX.
New in version 0.5.1 (June 10th, 2009)
- augeas.h: flag AUG_NO_MODL_AUTOLOAD suppresses initial loading modules; exposed as --noautoload in augtool
- augtool: don't prompt when input is not from tty (Raphael Pinson)
- augparse: add --notypecheck option
- path expressions: allow things like '/foo and /bar' in predicates
- Lens changes/additions:
- Aliases: map comments as #comment (Raphael Pinson)
- Build, Rx, Sep: new utility modules (Raphael Pinson)
- Cron: new lens (Raphael Pinson)
- Dnsmasq: process files in /etc/dnsmasq.d/* (ticket #65)
- Grub: parse kernel and module args into separate nodes; parse arguments for 'serial', 'terminal', and 'chainloader'; allow optional argument for 'savedefault'
- Interfaces: make compliant with actual Debian spec (Matt Palmer)
- Iptables: relax regexp for chain names; allow comment lines mixed in with chains and rules (ticket #51)
- Logrotate: allow '=' as separator (ticket #61); make newline at end of scriptlet optional
- Modprobe: handle comments at end of line
- Ntp: parse fudge record (Raphael Pinson); parse all directives in default Fedora ntp.conf; process 'broadcastdelay', 'leapfile', and enable/disable flags (ticket #62)
- Pbuilder: new lens for Debian's personal builder (Raphael Pinson)
- Php: add default path on Fedora/RHEL (Marc Fournier)
- Squid: handle indented entries (Raphael Pinson)
- Shellvars: map 'export' and 'unset'; map comments as #comment (Raphael Pinson)
- Sudoers: allow backslashes inside values (ticket #60) (Raphael Pinson)
- Vsftpd: map comments as #comment; handle empty lines; find vsftpd.conf on Fedora/RHEL
- Xinetd: map comments as #comment (Raphael Pinson)
New in version 0.5.0 (March 31st, 2009)
- Clean up interface for libfa; the interface is now considered stable
- New aug_load API call; allows controlling which files to load by modifying /augeas/load and then calling aug_load; on startup, the transforms marked with autoload are reported under /augeas/load
- New flag AUG_NO_LOAD for aug_init to keep it from loading files on startup; add --noload option to augtool
- New API calls aug_defvar and aug_defnode to define variables for path expressions; exposed as 'defvar' and 'defnode' in augtool
- Lenses distributed with Augeas are now installed in /usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist, which is searched after /usr/share/augeas/lenses, so that lenses installed by other packages take precedence
- New program examples/fadot to draw various finite automata (Francis Giraldeau)
- Report line number and character offset in the tree when parsing a file with a lens fails
- Fix error in propagation of dirty flag, which could lead to only parts of a tree being saved when multiple files were modified
- Flush files to disk before moving them
- Fix a number of memory corruptions in the XPath evaluator
- Several performance improvements in libfa
- Lens changes/additions
- Grub: process embedded comments for update-grub (Raphael Pinson)
- Iptables: new lens for /etc/sysconfig/iptables
- Krb5: new lens for /etc/krb5.conf
- Limits: map dpmain as value of 'domain' node, not as label (Raphael Pinson)
- Lokkit: new lens for /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall
- Modprobe: new lens for /etc/modprobe.d/*
- Sudoers: more finegrained parsing (ticket #48) (Raphael Pinson)
New in version 0.4.2 (March 11th, 2009)
- Possible data corruption in aug_save was fixed.
- The meanings of "
New in version 0.4.1 (March 3rd, 2009)
- The underlying file is now deleted when the corresponding part of the tree is deleted.
- XPath support was enhanced with additional functions and Boolean expressions. Several bugs were fixed.
New in version 0.4.0 (February 16th, 2009)
- This release expands support for XPath-like expressions in the public API, making it possible to search across a whole subtree, e.g. to find a node labeled 'error' anywhere, and matching nodes based on various attributes, e.g. to find nodes that have a child labeled 'ipaddr' with a given value.
New in version 0.3.6 (January 27th, 2009)
- This release reports version and legal save modes in /augeas/version.
- It allows changing the save mode at runtime.
- There are various enhancements and fixes to lenses.
New in version 0.3.5 (December 24th, 2008)
- Files can be optionally changed in place if rename(2) fails.
- Several path expression bugs were fixed.
- Many new lenses were added.
New in version 0.3.4 (November 6th, 2008)
- Saving of backup files was fixed: in 0.3.3, when AUG_SAVE_BACKUP was passed to aug_init, aug_save would always fail.