January 20th, 2009Additions and changes:
· Implemented a title float style. A floating title (or bridgehead) is rendered just like a normal section but is not formally associated with a text body and is not part of the regular section hierarchy so the normal ordering rules do not apply.
· Implemented inline comment macro so comment lines can now appear inside block elements.
· Comment lines are sent to the output if the showcomments attribute is defined (comment blocks are never sent to the output).
· Single quoting attribute values in AttributeList elements causes them to be substituted like normal inline text (without single quoting only attribute substitution is performed).
· Rewrote list item processing (was very crufty). List continuation and list blocks now work as expected. Updated and clarified list documentation in User Guide.
· The revision attribute now recognizes the RCS $Id$ marker format.
· An RCS $Id$ marker formatted revision line in the header does not need to be preceded by an author line.
· If an RCS $Id$ formatted revision is specified and the author name has not already been set then the author name in the $Id$ marker will be used.
· Updated Gouichi Iisaka's Graphviz filter to version 1.1.3.
· Added autowidth table attribute option for (X)HTML outputs.
· DocBook backend now puts orgname optional attribute in DocBook header.
· Deprecated undocumented companyname attribute in favor of DocBook's corpname.
· Removed explicit closing backslash from HTML4 self-closing tags to comply with WC3 recommendation.
· Fixed 8.3.3 regression whereby adjacent lists with the same syntax but different list styles were incorrectly treated as a single list.
January 15th, 2009Bug fixes:
· The broken and confusing numeration and numeration2 numbered list attributes have been dropped, use the style attribute instead.
January 1st, 2009Additions and changes:
· Added Gouichi Iisaka's Graphviz filter to distribution.
· The SidebarBlock element can now be rendered with an abstract style.
· Reorganized filters into a separate subdirectory for each filter.
· Updated Makefile.in and MANIFEST files to reflect new filters organization.
· Added listing style to LiteralBlock element so listings with nested listing blocks can be rendered as a listing block.
· Changed example code filter to use preferred ListingBlock syntax (the old ~ delimited filter syntax is no longer used).
· Implemented enumeration and enumeration2 numbered list attributes for specifying the list numbering style (arabic, loweralpha, upperalpha, lowerroman and upperroman).
· AsciiDoc now recognizes upperalpha, lowerroman and upperroman numbers in listdef-numbered2 numbered lists and sets the number style based on the style of the first numbered list item (alternative to setting enumeration2 attribute).
· Updated formatlistpat definition in .vimrc example in User Guide.
· You can now backslash escape system block macros.
· Added Pychart FAQ.
· Drop paragraph text and list text, index and label match groups from attributes -- they are included in the element's text and we don't want them processed a second time as attributes.
· Changed comment line block macro to a passthrough block macro to ensure no substitutions.
· A subslist no longer has to be appended to a PassthroughBlock macro definition, if omitted no substitutions are performed.
· Code tidy up: replaced deprecated operator with !=.
· Removed unused linuxdoc code.
· Code tidy ups: dropped old types module reference; replaced has_key() with preferred in operator.
· Old syntax source highlight filter regression: special characters where not escaped in DocBook outputs.
December 13th, 2008Additions and changes:
· Replaced the install.sh script with Ben Walton's updated autoconf scripts -- see INSTALL for details.
· Added a generalized AttributeEntry syntax to allow arbitrary configuration file entries to be set from within an AsciiDoc document (suggested by Henrik Maier).
· Listing delimited blocks in DocBook outputs now support IDs; IDs of titled Listing and Literal delimited blocks have been moved to the enclosing DocBook example tag (thanks to Vijay Kumar for this patch).
· Replaced vertical typewriter apostrophe with punctuation apostrophe (thanks to Noah Slater).
· Regression: Excluding double-quotes from unquoted attribute values resulted in backward incompatibility, double-quotes in unquoted attribute values has been reinstated.
· Regression: Text like &...; was sometimes mistaken for an entity reference -- tightened up entity reference matching.