New in version 10.1.4
August 29th, 2013
- A new on-boarding setup wizard. Source-side deduplication integrated into the Mac OS X client.
- Adds support for the following new platforms: Debian 7 (Wheezy) x86, Debian 7 (Wheezy) x86-64, openSUSE 12.3 (Dartmouth) x86, openSUSE 12.3 (Dartmouth) x86-64, Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) x86, Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) x86-64, Fedora 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) x86, and Fedora 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) x86-64.
- Numerous enhancements and updates on both the backup server and agent sides as well as the Web UI.
New in version 10.0.3 (February 20th, 2013)
- This version adds simplified installation and configuration.
- The process for downloading, installing, and configuring Arkeia Network Backup software has been re-engineered for v10.0.
- Graphical User Interface enhancements have been made to simplify management of your backup solution.
New in version 9.1.15 (December 20th, 2012)
- OpenSUSE 12.2 packages were added.
- Enhancements were made to the backup deduplication module.
New in version 9.1.2 (March 28th, 2012)
- The new Web Dashboard presents key indicators of backup status in the Web user interface.
- The dashboard is configurable by an administrator to report important details at the level of granularity desired.
- Replication of deduplicated backup sets greatly reduces the WAN bandwidth required to replicate back up sets to the cloud.
- Block Optimization for deduplication.
New in version 9.0.7 (September 22nd, 2011)
- This minor release includes data deduplication enhancements, a beta version of the German Web user interface, Mandriva Linux 2011 packages, a beta version of Arkeia's vStorage agent for VMware vSphere 5, and several fixes.
New in version 9.0.3 (June 21st, 2011)
- This version many improvements and fixes, including source-side de-duplication support on Windows agents and de-duplication of files smaller than the block size.
- The Web UI now supports Firefox 4 and 5, IE 9, and Chrome 12.
- Online Windows DR update is now supported.
New in version 9.0.1 (April 21st, 2011)
- This version fixes one vStorage file level restore bug in the monitoring screen.
- It dramatically speeds up the dedup of known blocks up to 200%.
- This release introduces WebUI packages for Solaris 10 (x86, x86-64, and SPARC-64) and Solaris 11 (x86 and x86-64).
New in version 9.0.0 (April 13th, 2011)
- This major release integrates Arkeia's progressive deduplication technology, an improvement over first-generation deduplication technologies like fixed-block or variable-block deduplication.
- It also includes AES-256 encryption to protect communication between client machines and the backup server as well as stored data on target disk, tape, or cloud.
- The menu, the navigation, and some screens of the Web UI were redesigned to be more ergonomic.
- New platforms are supported, such as Debian 6, Fedora 14, OpenBSD 4.8, MES 5.2, RHEL 6, and Ubuntu 10.10.