May 15th, 2013
· This version fixes a bug which could prevent backup from being resumed when some plugins were used.
April 20th, 2013
· This version fixes a bug which could prevent the workspace from loading when drives are disconnected.
April 9th, 2013
· This release includes various performance optimizations for delta backup storage.
March 22nd, 2013
· Fixed freeze issues when trying to connect to unresponsive FTP/SFTP servers
· Up-to-date Chinese and Japanese translations.
November 23rd, 2012
· This version adds minor GUI and backup wizard bugfixes.
November 17th, 2012
· This release fixes an SMTP compatibility issue: it can send the 'STARTTLS' command when establishing the connection.
· It fixes a bug in transaction points, and another that could occur when handling files starting with whitespace.
· It comes with a new feature related to file modification detection: it can inspect the files' content instead of relying on their attributes to detect modifications.
· This may be useful with programs that modify the files' data without updating their last modification date (like TrueCrypt).
October 26th, 2012
· This version fixes a bug which could occur when handling target sources spread across multiple drives, and comes with a better integration of plugins.
October 24th, 2012
· With this release, backups are now launched without simulation.
· This version also includes improved text editor options and minor GUI bugfixes.
May 18th, 2012
· It is now possible to check archives after a merge has been performed (in the same way as it was performed after backups).
· This version also introduces CBC encryption and some minor improvements.
February 1st, 2012
· This release introduces some minor bugfixes and enhancements.
January 26th, 2012
· This version introduces additional optimizations when recovering voluminous archives (in terms of the number of files) and fixes two bugfixes which could occur when merging archives.
January 25th, 2011
· Added support for intermediate transaction points
· Added SFTP storage
· Added control on encrypted filenames wrapping
· Enhanced control on FTP passive mode.
February 13th, 2010
· Big files (over 2 GB) metadata are now properly handled
· More control has been added to file path naming conventions on Windows
· A bug that could occur when recovering single files in 'delta' mode has been fixed
· Configuration storage has been refactored and simplified
· 'Check' and 'Merge' features have been improved
· Better 'Configuration import' window
· 'Search' feature enhancements
· Minor user interface enhancements.
July 13th, 2009
· Regular expression filter bug fix
· Minor XML configuration bug fix
· Recovery bug fix
June 17th, 2009
· New regular expression filters options
· Backup report enhancements
· Post processors enhancements
· Minor bugfixes.
May 28th, 2009
· Ability to view files contained in your archives using the default applications configured on your system
· Some post-backup actions enhancements
· Minor other enhancements.
April 23rd, 2009
· Minor error messages enhancements.
· Named pipes are now properly handled by Areca.
· Better 'Check Archive' feature.
April 3rd, 2009
· Synchronous backup mode available from command-line interface.
· The 256 characters limit on file path is disabled if the Java version is over 1.6.
· Enhanced FTP connexions management.
March 30th, 2009
· Logical view minor bug fix
· Image backup bug fix
March 18th, 2009
· Regex file filter bug fix
· Added 'encrypt file names' to the 'missing encryption data' window
· File handle cleanup
March 7th, 2009
· This version fixes out of memory error that occurred during delta backups.
March 5th, 2009
· ACL serialization bug fix in Java 1.5
· Minor recovery bug fix
February 23rd, 2009Changes:
· Heavy memory management refactoring.
· CAUTION : this version is NOT backward compatible with previous versions of Areca.
· ACL and extended attributes support for Linux (see Areca's FAQ for ACL support instructions)
· New 'archive check' feature
· Some minor GUI enhancements
· Some minor bugfixes