December 2nd, 2012
· arch-install-scripts 9 with an improved fstab generator
· linux 3.6.8
· systemd 196
· the usual updates to our core packages
November 3rd, 2012
· First media with Linux 3.6
· copytoram=n can be used to not copy the image to RAM on network boot. This is probably unreliable but an option for systems with very low memory.
· cowfile_size boot parameter mainly for persistent COW on VFAT.
October 8th, 2012
· systemd is used to boot up the live system.
· initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still installed by default on the target system. This is likely to change in the near future.
· EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
· gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
· The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool, fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill, sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd
September 9th, 2012
· First medium with Linux 3.5 (3.5.3)
· The script boot parameter works again (FS#31022)
· When booting via PXE and NFS or NBD the ISO will be copied to RAM to ensure a more stable usage.
· The live medium contains usb_modeswitch and wvdial which e.g. allows to establish a network connection using an UMTS USB dongle
· Furthermore the newest versions of initscripts, systemd and netcfg are included.
May 18th, 2010Archiso (image builds):
· all iso files can now be burned onto CD's as well as written to media like usb sticks (isohybrid)
· more than half of the packages in core are now xz compressed
· next to the single architecture images we provide dual images which can be used as 32bit or 64bit medium
· use isolinux bootloader exclusively for booting the live media
· snapshot of current core, including kernel 18.104.22.168-1, pacman-3.3.3-5 and glibc-2.11.1-3
· updated memtest
· support for PXE booting
· provide wpa_supplicant
· support virtio
AIF (installation tool):
· ability to choose uuid/label/devicefile blockdevice representation; automatically applied in menu.lst, fstab, etc
· split off UI library into separate libui-sh project
· support virtio blockdevices
· allow user to specify additional custom arguments for mkfs and the like
· Additionally, quite some bugs have been fixed, mostly in AIF.
August 10th, 2009
· more up-to-date software (see above)
usage of new AIF installer, which brings:
· better disk editor with support for dm_crypt and lvm setups
· support for automated installations using config files (deprecates quickinst)
· a framework to build your own installation procedures
· better date/time setting with ntp support
· refactored grub installation routines
· usability improvements
· aufs instead of unionfs
· enhanced boot device detection on image start
· ftp images are renamed to netinstall to avoid confusion
· bugfixes (xfs freeze, mirror setting, clock correctness, network settings, ...)
· and much more...
February 17th, 2009
· Kernel 2.6.28
· Ext4 support. Installation can be done on a ext4 root partition.
· Rescue and maintenance capabilities for Ext4 root partitions
· Fallback ISOs with the ISOLINUX bootloader, for those that have trouble booting Grub-based images
· Several bugfixes in the installer
· Brought the included documentation up-to-date
· Inclusion of AIF (Arch Linux Installation Framework), the next generation installer, currently under development.