February 3rd, 2010
· Add PulseAudio support as contributed by PCMan plus a few minor fixes.
· Added option for starting Aqualung hidden in tray. Useful when running Aqualung automatically after login.
· Implement auto roll to active track functionality. Thanks to Chris Craig for the excellent patch.
· Support new Musepack API (patch by Yavor Doganov)
· New keybinding: Ctrl-S to stop after currently playing song has ended. Thanks to cobines for the patch.
· Add support for more versatile mouse-systray interaction. Thanks to cobines for the excellent patch.
· Added support for new GtkTooltip API (since 2.12). Fixed tooltip disappearing issue because of too frequent tooltip updates.
· Automatically add/remove stores when they become available or disappear (most likely due to mount/unmount operations). Modified stores will not be removed automatically.
· Add support for an application_title lua function separate from the playlist_title lua function, so that the window title and the main title label of the player is configurable from Lua.
· Don't require restart to update programmable title format file
· Don't use sndfile's Ogg decoder (always use native Ogg library)
· Fix FFmpeg headers detection in configure script
· Fix compiler warnings on 64 bit. Thanks to Zoltan Kovacs for the patch.
· Fix crash on 64 bit when Aqualung is compiled without SRC support and file contains metadata. Thanks to Zoltan Kovacs for tracking the problem and providing the patch.
· Fixed crash when pasting into playlist without copying first (empty clipboard).
· Fix a suspected regression: space toggles state of combined play/pause button when a file is loaded.
· Fix lockup at end of playlist.
· Fixed a crash that occurred when clicked on a picture of a file in the File Info dialog and the file format did not support metadata.
· Fix playlist column size allocation by eliminating manual/delayed calculations and utilizing the built-in COLUMN_AUTOSIZE feature instead.
· Fix crash when invoking the File Info dialog for an MPEG internet radio.
· Fix inversion of enabled/diasbled state of tooltips.
· Fix crash when loading .m3u with invalid filename.
· Updated translations: German, Hungarian, Russian, Ukrainian
· Japanese by Norihiro Yoneda
· French by Julien Lavergne
· Up-to-date user documentation
February 8th, 2009
· Add programmable title format support.
· This commit embeds a Lua interpreter inside of Aqualung for the
· purpose of allowing the user full control over the title format. It
· allows the user to use any metadata field that Aqualung recognizes,
· as well as a few fields from the file info in order to compose a
· title field. See the documentation update included in this release
· for usage information for this feature.
Loop playback enhancements:
· New key bindings '' for adjusting loop range start and end
· (respectively) to the current playing position. Active only when
· track repeat mode is on and a track is currently playing or paused.
· Added tooltip showing loop range in percentage and time (if there is
· a track loaded). Tooltips must be globally enabled for this feature.
· Allow the systray to be disabled even if support is compiled in.
· Add support for saving single playlists in M3U format. If the
· playlist file name ends with .m3u, it will save in M3U format (one
· filename per line) instead of the Aqualung XML format. This only
· affects the logic around saving single playlists; if you save all
· playlists at once, it will always use the XML format, because the
· M3U format does not support multiple playlists.
· Add support for sndio backend, bringing the total number of
· backends to five. libsndio was recently introduced in OpenBSD as
· a simple audio API that supports OpenBSD's builtin sound server,
· Add playlist context menu option 'Roll to active song'.
· Optionally combine Play and Pause buttons into a single button.
· Fix gapless MPEG audio playback (correct offset calculation) when
· ID3v2 tag is present.
· Export can now copy files instead of reencoding them using the new
· target format "Copy".
· A subset of input files can be forced to be copied instead of being
· reencoded. There are two criteria for this: when the source file is
· already in the target format, and when the source file matches any
· of a comma-separated list of wildchards (similarly to the builder
· exclusion list). Both options can be enabled/disabled from the
· Export dialog.
· Handle HTTP/1.0 responses.
· When updating all feeds, insert 1 second delay between individual feeds.
· Added right-click menu items for adding only new podcasts to playlist.
· Music Stores can now use relative paths instead of absolute ones,
· allowing users to mount the same collection on different mount
· points (just one use case). Implementation is based on the patch by
· Russell Johnston, big thanks for both the idea and the
· contribution. A checkbox for toggling this feature is added to the
· Edit Store dialog (accessible via the right-click menu of stores).
· All filenames use the GLib filename encoding instead of locale
· encoding. This is the proper and official way of doing it; if you
· have issues using filenames with special characters, consider
· setting the G_FILENAME_ENCODING or G_BROKEN_FILENAMES environment
· variables. If you are using an UTF-8 locale (a very wise choice),
· you have nothing to worry about.
· Add extra check for mad.h presence to configure.
· New store builder option to automatically remove non-existing files
· from the store. It is disabled by default.
· Added new Swedish translation by Niklas Grahn.
· Numerous minor bugfixes.