September 28th, 2012New functionality:
· [VDrive] ProDOS date and time is set when communicating with the ADTPro server
· [VDrive] Serial driver installs over the floppy driver by default
· [Server] ADTPro server serves a hybrid serial-over-IP for emulators - enabled with startup parameter 'localhost'
· [VDrive] Ethernet driver is now more "reentrant," allows for restarting if the "ping" message doesn't show up right away
· [VDrive] Aborts via escape key are more reliable, Ethernet now recovers correctly
· [VDrive] Device driver installer filetypes changed to SYS
May 2nd, 2011
· [Client] Enabled DHCP auto-configuration from Jonno Downes' latest ip65 code.
· [Client] Beep at the completion of a disk transfer that had read or write errors
· [Client] Duplicate volume names caused incorrect/repeated volume size display
· [Client] Attempting to format a write-protected 5-1/4" floppy was hanging
January 19th, 2011
· This version adds support for the LANceGS Apple II Ethernet card.
December 21st, 2010
· New functionality:
· [Server] Italian translation provided by Mauro Rospocher
· [Server] Brazilian Portuguese translation provided by Mario Sergio Almeida
· Bug fixes:
· [Client] Eliminated phantom disk drives from volume display screen
· [Client] Disabled ZipChip and TransWarp accelerators during timeout loops in Ethernet version
· [Client] Fixed intermittent crash on 'Quit' when booted into ProDOS 8 from GSOS
August 2nd, 2010
· The server has been translated into French, Spanish, and Korean.
· Other minor bugs were fixed.
March 17th, 2010
· [Client] Implemented native assembly ProDOS selector/ launcher eliminating the need for Applesoft; results in 30% faster booting and executing from floppy
· [Client] Laser 128 machines can now use their native modem port at 115.2kbps using the SSC port 2 setting
· [Client] Better automatic serial device detection for Franklin Ace 500 computers (select Modem vs. Printer port)
· [Server] Build hygiene - automate version numbering
March 17th, 2010
· [Server] Re-scan for serial ports every time the serial config gui comes up; detects USB port changes
· [Server] Fixed a protocol bug that made the server abort when it received garbled acknowledgement packets that looked almost correct
· [Server] Increased microphone sensitivity so recent Mac Java releases can "hear" the audio stream correctly
· [Server] Removed most post-Java-1.3 code so server can run on Java 1.3 (i.e. Mac OSX 10.2)
September 21st, 2009
· Updated serial support for OS X Snow Leopard and 64-bit Windows.
· Bootstrapping on Franklin Ace computers has been enabled.
· Bugs have been fixed.
February 18th, 2009
· Performance enhancements were made for diskette formatting.
· The Apple /// serial port is automatically detected. Bugs were fixed.
September 18th, 2008
· Apple /// computers can now be bootstrapped from bare metal over their serial ports, saving them from the dustbin of history.
· There are some fixes, especially for ethernet transfers.
August 30th, 2008
· [Client] Client software comes on a combined "dual boot" ProDOS/SOS disk for both Apple II and Apple /// computers
· [Client] Format routine now recognizes ProFile drives
· [Client] Refactored and reorganized the entire client code base in order to single-source ProDOS and SOS versions - probably leading to several new bugs in the ProDOS client
· [Client] Fixed formatter volume name input routine to correctly handle special characters
· [Client] Fixed a fiddly problem with the IIgs and Uthernet where hitting a key while waiting for a response from the host would make it ignore the esc key from then on
· [Client] Shortened UDP timeout for waiting for packet responses so things don't appear to "hang" when a response isn't received
· [Client] Re-integrated Bird's Better Bye (which was inexplicably removed) for our Apple II and II+ friends
· [Server] Improved batch logic for cleaning up after aborted image transfers