February 27th, 2013
· New alerts system includes vacc, medicals, homechecks, etc.
· Upto 8 age groups can now be set
· Live visual theme switching
· More robust PetFinder and RescueGroups uploading
· Support for trial adoptions/foster-to-adopt
· Improved monthly animal figures
· Shelter view and quick animal links strip
· Word processor spell checking
· Clone report button
· Many bug fixes and performance improvements
September 12th, 2012
· ASM 2.8.13 has been released and contains bug fixes and maintenance for the ASM2 branch.
January 20th, 2012
· This release contains bug fixes and some improvements to the adoptapet.com publisher.
June 9th, 2011
· This release contains more bug fixes, some additional word keys, fixes to the currency editor and integration with SmartTag PETID
September 2nd, 2010
· PetFinder publisher sends mixed breed information
· New Portugese translation
· Improved Polish translation
· New waiting list, voucher, litter reports and faster repository server
· Support for bonded pairs (useful for rabbits, parrots, etc).
· Many improvements to litter logging, including ability to view expired litters
· Generic hotkey CTRL+R to reload data on any tab
· New ASK ANIMAL and LITTER tokens for reports
· Add multiple animals screen for quick entry
· Account transaction date filtering
· Donation, animal and owner records viewable from transactions
· Wording changes to first/last name for US
· Improved compression of splash images, UI display and added many new images
· Information on security included with web build
· Scaling for reports not using the ASM standard template, plus fixes for report scaling with external browsers
· All layouts fully RTL compliant now
· Selectable application look and feel
· Improvements to email screens, allowing them to be attached as log entries, multiple recipients, Cc, HTML email and signatures
· Improved layout of system options screen
· New fields for lost and found matching and ability to customise point weightings
· Printing from Foster, Retailer and Reservation books
· Custom mail merges with existing ones removed and included in the report repository
February 25th, 2010
· Cost tracking for on shelter animals through new cost tab, vaccinations and medical treatments.
· UK gift aid support and claim report
· Second breed field publishes to adoptapet.com now
· Upto four images can be sent to petadoptionportal.org
· Better handling of instalment donations (next in sequence is created after receipt of the last)
· RSS publisher template
· RTF documents now work with UTF8 and non-English locales
· Support for Turkish and Polish
· Full support for Hebrew (with RTL) and Estonian
· Automatic reservation cancellation after a period of time
· Diet wordkeys
· Animal donation flagging for sponsor an animal type schemes
October 30th, 2009
· A recently discovered bug in the Windows Java Runtime causes it to default to Latin1/ASCII encoding when reading/writing files (the default is UTF8 on other platforms). This meant that you could not use reports with a non-English language on Windows.
· In addition, some improvements have been made to the UI and layout.
October 28th, 2009
· This release adds the ability to change font size in the internal report viewer, better layout for the owner/homechecker tab, the ability to view and print graphs inside ASM, preliminary support for German, and many bugfixes.
September 8th, 2009
· This release contains many improvements to the manual and documentation, along with a new fulltext animal search screen, support for the South African locale (en_ZA) and many bugfixes.
July 22nd, 2009
· Fixed bug that caused lookup cache not to be invalidated when lookup viewer closed under Swing
· Refactored/simplified animal cache code
· Added caching for external data lookup for icons
July 20th, 2009
· Class preload for most often used bits of UI to improve applet performance
· Added active animal cache functionality (with system option to turn on). Keeps active animals in RAM to speed up opening of the edit screen
· Added tab lazy loading, so data is loaded on demand for the animal screen (also with system option to turn on)
· Higher memory allocation for applet mode with Java 6u10 (-Xmx256)
· Internet publisher no longer warns that an internet connection is required - it was a pointless, annoying dialog
· Fixed PetFinder bug with Unknown sexed animals
· Match added and expiry fields for owner criteria to allow the system to stop looking after a period of time
· Option to disable second breed field to use traditional ASM single breed field for shelters not dealing with dogs and cats (or who prefer the old way)
· Second breed field with crossbreed indicator to allow selection of multiple breeds on the animal screen
· Default screen size set to 1280x800 to cope with larger resolutions (and widescreen laptops)
· Added Lithuanian translation (thanks to Ruta Kudalyte)
· Fixed upload all images option for PetFinder
July 1st, 2009
· Fixed screenshot scaling size in manual PDF
· Movement custom buttons, similar to animal/owner
· Fix to ensure new animal screen always opens even if a code can't be generated for the default animal type
· readFile utility method reads in one chunk and expects UTF-8 when dealing with OpenOffice and other XML documents. Documents are translated back to UTF-8 after conversion as well when calling writeFile.
· Added import facility for PetFinder SQL export
· Added database latency check to about screen/opening log
· Options to disable media thumbnails and breed popularity
· Optimised edit animal screen to remove and amalgamate unnecessary queries for performance. Tab contents are lazily loaded now.
· Fixed bug in testing for additional fields that allow creation/enabling mismatch on some systems
· New waiting list defaults the primary species
· Fixed obscure null bug in waiting list view and re-enabled all species
· Lost/Found search screen orders results by date lost/found descending
· When checking for similar previous owners, it's now case insensitive
· Report and internet templates default to UTF-8
May 27th, 2009
· Fixed bug in animal medical wordkeys
· Abiword image support
· Lookup cache should refill after a database update patch
· Include translate_en.sql with Windows installer
· Added translation_encoder to release to assist with text encodings when translating files
· New medical profile enables duration correctly now
· DBConnection.executeFile supports java u0000 style escape sequences now, so they can be used when translating sql files
· DBUpdate uses DBConnection.executeFile now
· translate_en should not truncate configuration table
· Owner merge for log records referring to wrong field
· Fixed incorrect i18n on species name in the litter logger
· ID Check should be Homechecked on owner details screen
· View litter screen uses Number instead of No key to avoid ambiguity
May 14th, 2009
· From now on, minor version number increments with database changes so that all releases sharing a common x, y in x.y.z can use the same database without upgrades.
· Added video capture support for IP cameras and other video sources via HTTP or via a shell script or binary
· Changed add/edit media layout to scale better and allow more space for notes
· Adaptive layout for additional fields - adds more columns depending on number of additional fields to layout
· Fixed native layout of removal tab on waiting list edit (date field is normal sized)
· Waiting list remove after weeks spinner enables save button again
· Ranking on waiting list viewer so you can see at a glance how many are above/below a certain person on the list
· New waiting list screen defaults correct urgency again
· Owner merging reparents diary notes and log records correctly now
· Autologout disabled on configuration for applet mode
· Fixed bug when changing animal type with keyboard shortcuts on native platforms (prompt would generate code for previous type)
· Additional tables added to custom report edit screen
· Manual updates
· Medical history keys for word processors similar to vaccinations
· Fix to improve stability of create animal from both found animal and waiting list entries
· Create animal from found animal button
· Additional fields available by name in document templates
· Additional field validation
· Tooltips for additional fields
· Correct deletion behaviour for new additional fields
· Fixed owner deletions - they could orphan donation and voucher records
· Added scrollbars to medical screens for applet users with limited vertical screen space
· Added tab ordering for additional fields
· Fixed currency field default size to match other controls
· Additional tab for owner screen
· Additional tab for animal screen with user customisable fields
· Additional fields functionality - schema changes and editing facilities
· Internet publisher correctly tests for valid media (jpg/jpeg/png/gif) in case insensitive manner
· Media notes screen has the edit box fill the screen now
· Larger field sizes for postgresql databases to match MySQL/HSQLDB
· Tweaks to diagnostic for non-null date fixes for MySQL 5 conversion
· Setting autologout works properly again
· Word processor automatically set from file type scan for local databases. MSO2007 takes precedence over OO on Windows, OO takes precendence over Abiword on Linux
· Abiword versions of templates
· Abiword detection for Linux when auto configuring file types
· When the owner changes on a movement, donations are reparented to the new owner correctly now
March 11th, 2009
· Fixed all occurrences of checkboxes with separate labels as it can look awful on some platforms
· Try to load GTK for Swing/Linux (Metal is hideous and GTK only defaults if the current WM is GNOME). Also forces honouring of system font smoothing irrespective of WM.
· Fixed thumbnail threading to improve animal screen loading time
· New layout for animal and owner screens to reclaim some space
· Added error log viewer to help menu
· Fixed vaccination book bug that showed date given against the wrong record (but updated the correct one)
· Vaccination book allows multiple selection
· Vaccination book has checkboxes to include off shelter and deceased animals (both off by default)
· Cleaned up welcome log message and included OS/Arch
· New $VAR$ and $@$ custom report tags to support stored variables
· Database diagnostic tool to fix zero dates in MySQL 5.1
· Auto logout makes no sense in applet user mode, nor does setting authentication options so they disable now
· Applet user mode to allow integrated web authentication mechanism
· Fixed bug with OS security and Swing renderer
February 25th, 2009
· This release adds easy networking support for existing users with local databases, diagnostic for fixing broken codes in historical data, much improved applet functionality and support for Windows 95 and 98.
November 28th, 2008
· Spinner widget for waiting list removal, medial profiles and regime editing and diary task pivots
· Limit editing code formats to prevent NNN and UUU in the same format
· Throbber in status bar for progress meter tasks
· Selector based components (like the media tab) will truncate any long content to prevent other columns being shoved off screen and the user having to scroll along to them
· Fixed bug in archive generation for OpenOffice that caused OO documents to appear corrupt and without images on Windows
· Selecting file type handlers is now done via file browse dialog
· Animal web-preferred image can now be included in published documents via a placeholder image in templates (supported in MSO2007 and all versions of OpenOffice).
· Support for OpenOffice 3 and Microsoft Office 2007 (docx)
· Fixed bug in new Windows file type scanning which meant no executables would ever be found.
· Added SQL interface to Database Tools for easier access to SQL functions across different databases (better for me giving support since users don't have to know where to find an SQL console)
· Configure Database screen to allow setting of RecordSearchLimit, IncomingMediaScaling, MaxMediaFileSize and Allowing client updates. Appears under System->Database Tools and requires Use SQL Interface permission.
· Show Mac-style throbber on startup page
· Removed debian dependency on zip/unzip
· Allowed Swing UI to update tab titles
· Fixed potential cyclic reference in Swing UI
· Manual update for procedure for disabling ASM generated codes
· Edit animal screen updates its tab as the code changes
· Removed system option to warn on type change (always warns and regenerates now).
· Animal code changes are forced for dates and types now, as they can cause duplicate codes otherwise.
· Changing brought in date will change animal code to prevent invalid codes.
· Fast version of code generator based on new pre-parsed code fields on the animal - improves speed to open create new animal screen when using remote databases.
· Missing index for datebroughtin on postgresql/hsql databases
· Fixed Unix/MacOS builds to remove all traces of swingwt and swt
· Updated manual
· Added "Include Colors" option for AdoptAPet - you need to map the text descriptions of your colours to their colours in saveapet_mappings.txt if you want to use this feature.
· Renamed 1800SaveAPet to AdoptAPet in the UI to match their new name
· Fixed reverse logic for neutered flag output on 1800SaveAPet publisher
October 28th, 2008
· This release fixes the last of the Mac issues.
· Additional permissions are now supported and a new Web build allows ASM to run from a Web server as a Java applet.
· Finally, a much-needed splash screen shows startup progress.
October 22nd, 2008
· Fixed hideous Mac icon
· When creating new owners, the most common town/counties are automatically defaulted
· Fixed swing key handling for date fields
· Updated Vaccination*X wordkeys to allow upto 100 vaccinations
· Fixed chain loading of JDBC drivers so only the necessary one for a deployment can be included in a build
· Pure java Zip handling for portability
· Fix for file:// URLs for the Mac (why does everyone have to be different?)
· Fix for tab closing on the Mac
· Removed SWTSwing as no longer needed
· Shortcode can now be edited
· Local databases default to unlimited search results
· Online help for applet mode, disabled switch database/PDF help
· Swing image scaling support
· Printing support for Swing HTMLBrowser and fixes for file:// URLs
· Rewrote HTMLBrowser for Swing with back/forward mechanism
· Fixed Swing popup menus
· Text wrapping for Swing message boxes
· Applet build for web-based deployment
· Fixed icon alignment on swing tabbed interface and added event handling
· Fixed missing swing scrollbars for tables and HTML
· Updated relevant builds to use pure swing version
· Removed MacOSX Carbon renderer (no longer needed)
· Start of Swing UI abstraction without SwingWT to solve Mac issues
· Moved all table renderers into UI class and separated UI implementation further.
· Moved all image scaling code into UI class
· Fixes for Pets911 publisher (age column, quotes)
· Start of French translation
· Fixed null pointer running publisher from command line tool (did not break any functionality, except leaving tag $$USER in page).
September 25th, 2008
· Fixed combo traversal events in Swing renderer
· Right click context menus for search screens
· Fix for image file browser breaking with Swing renderer
· Higher Max heap for all platforms - memory is a lot cheaper than it was 8 years ago and we can afford to raise requirements slightly
· Migration path for HSQLDB TEXT based databases (from 2.2.2)
· Added denormalised fields to the animal table for TimeOnShelter and AnimalAge for easier reporting
· Added lookup tables for yes/no, yes/no/unknown, positive/negative/unknown for easier custom reporting
· Dramatic performance improvement for Swing-based renderers (Mac OS X and generic Unix). Fixes a number of issues with tooltips and combo box events as well as Mac OS X painting issues.
September 22nd, 2008
· This release fixes many bugs and adds a few small features, such as a configurable heartbeat interval, a button to copy animal comments to media notes, better Mac support, and custom coding schemes.