New in version 2.4.1
January 15th, 2014
- Added support for the upcoming Firefox Australis theme.
- Default icon location is the navigation toolbar again (add-on bar is going away).
- Fixed image preview in the list of blockable items.
- Fixed keyboard shortcut on Mac OS X (Control key was used instead of Command).
- Fixed: Changes to Adblock Plus options didn't always persist.
New in version 2.4 (October 10th, 2013)
- Improved first-run page
- Fixed: Adblock Plus icon wasn't showing up on browser startup for some users
- Fixed: Redirect blocking wasn't working in current Firefox versions
- Fixed: Issue reporter fails to process some console errors
- Fixed: Adblock Plus fails to start up when updating in current Firefox nightly builds (workaround for bug 924340)
New in version 2.3.2 (July 31st, 2013)
- Fixed an issue in the emergency notification mechanism introduced in previous release.
New in version 2.3.1 (July 24th, 2013)
- Improved filter list downloads (https://adblockplus.org/blog/simplifying-subscription-downloads-module).
- Implemented filter forward-compatibility proposal (https://adblockplus.org/blog/forward-compatibility-of-filters).
- Implemented an emergency notification mechanism that can be used to communicate important issues.
New in version 2.3 (July 10th, 2013)
- Removed typo correction feature
- Better localization approach
- Worked around a Firefox Mobile bug, selecting filter subscription is possible again
- Fixed issue reporter breakage in current Firefox nightlies
New in version 2.2.4 (May 9th, 2013)
- Fixed: Server names with a trailing dot were mistakenly treated as typos.
- Fixed a Firefox 22 compatibility issue (no colors/imaages in filters list and list of blockable items).
New in version 2.2.3 (February 14th, 2013)
- This release mostly works around breakage caused by AVG Security Toolbar 14.0.3.* extension, it prevented Adblock Plus from working correctly among other things.
New in version 2.2.2 (January 31st, 2013)
- Worked around regression in Firefox 18 causing entries on the blockable items list to disappear and preventing context menu from working reliably.
- Issue reporter now encourages users to enter an email address when submitting issue reports.
- Removed Do-Not-Track handling which is redundant with Firefox supporting it as well (blog post).
- Added support for per-window private browsing in Firefox 20.
- Fixed: Changes in Firefox 19 broke issue reporter.
- Fixed: "null" access keys show up in Firefox 20.
- Fixed: Context menu broken on background images in Firefox 20.
New in version 2.2.1 (November 23rd, 2012)
- Fixed issue affecting loading of filters in old Firefox version (including Firefox 10).
- Fixed wrong apostrophe encoding in translations (especially Italian).