New in version 8.1.1
August 5th, 2013
- The new version brings several useful enhancements, such as a new way to setup a cluster of Axigen servers, advanced policies of acceptance and distribution of the email messages applied for the email groups and a higher degree of flexibility and usability for the delegation of the administrative operations.
- Additionally, this version contributes significantly to the increase of the robustness of our product, by providing fixes for more than 80 reported issues related to Axigen server, Webmail interface and Outlook Connector.
New in version 8.1 (October 19th, 2012)
- New filtering capabilities and credentials' recovery
- Recovery of lost username or password
- Detailed reports on resource usage
- Self-determined routing of requests in a cluster
- Enhanced quarantine
- Email messages saved as .EML files
New in version 8.0.3 (July 11th, 2012)
- This new patch version improves the overall user experience by fixing few important issues related to access of end-users to their accounts and mailboxes.
New in version 8.0.2 (May 30th, 2012)
- The Axigen 8.0.2 introduces a new set of administration enhancements related to the domain management and the auto-migration process. It also comes with an improved support of the ActiveSync service for the latest Android versions and with a lot of server and Ajax-Webmail bug-fixes meant to further increase robustness of our messaging solution. Along with this release we update some of the supported platforms to the newest versions and we continue to expand the list of 64-bit operating systems that we support.
New in version 8.0.1 (November 30th, 2011)
- The Axigen 8.0.1 introduces a new set of usability enhancements for the Ajax WebMail interface, while also adding a series of corrections and bugfixes for the Axigen server and connectors.
New in version 8.0 (March 31st, 2011)
- New features:
- AJAX WEBMAIL INTERFACE
- Complete PIM interface: Calendar, Tasks and Notes sections available for use together with sharing capabilities and a wide range of usability enhancements.
- Multiple date and time formats: users can choose their favorite representation format for the date and time fields.
- Email reminders for events and tasks: users can define email reminders associated with calendar events and tasks.
- Calendar-related settings: users can set their calendar preferences related to week start day, start / end of work time etc.
- Filtered email: a new 'Filtered Email' folder has been introduced for storing messages coming from possible untrusted senders (senders whose email addresses are not in the user's address-book); this message filtering option is available to the user and can be combined with the existing Identity Confirmation mechanism.
- Localization support: the translations of the Ajax WebMail interface continued and internationalization is now available also for Danish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Swedish, Japanese, Czech, Indonesian and Chinese (simplified).
- SERVER ADMINISTRATION
- LDAP-based provisioning of user settings: for new accounts created through LDAP synchronization, administrators can specify initial values for various user settings (e.g. language, time zone, date / time format, signature).
- Localized system messages: email messages sent by the server in case of different system-related events (e.g. welcome message on account creation, notifications regarding password expiration or exceeding quota limit) can now be localized and customized according to a template.
- Statistics related to server usage: the Axigen mail server can send periodical statistic reports to an email address specified by the administrator for the purpose of collecting statistical data; these reports contain anonymous information related to the platform on which the server runs and to the size of handled data (e.g. number of defined domains and accounts, number and types of services and add-ons used etc.).
- OUTLOOK CONNECTOR
- Localization support: the interface of the Outlook Connector can now be localized, if the connector detects and internationalized version of Microsoft Outlook; internationalization is available for French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Polish, Swedish, Czech.
- Automatic profile creation: a Microsoft Outlook profile, specific to the connector, can be defined and created immediately after the connector has been installed from its installation kit.
- Auto-discovery: the user can define a connector-specific profile using an auto-discovery mechanism, similar to the one used for the ActiveSync service; this mechanism allows the user to specify only the email address and the password for accessing his account from Outlook, without having to specify additional service-related information (such as hostname or IP address, service port, running mode etc.); the auto-discovery can be used both immediately after the installation of the connector or at a later time.
- Synchronization of calendar options: the Outlook Connector can use the calendar-related options defined by the user in his account from the Ajax-WebMail interface.
- WEBMAIL-PROXY: The password can now be changed from this service.
- Bug fixes from the previous version:
- WEBADMIN: Editing and saving a rule in Acceptance / Routing (Advanced Settings) no longer results in moving the rule to the bottom of the list.
- CORE: Fixed the SSL communication when write operations timed out.
- WEBMAIL: The business address of a contact can now be saved in the AJAX interface.
- WEBMAIL: New messages were sometimes incorrectly shown as received "Yesterday" in the AJAX interface.
New in version 7.6 (November 12th, 2010)
- Built-In Support for Incremental Backup – Save time & disk space by backing up only the files that have changed since the last backup.
- Automatic Update of the Outlook Connector – Allow new connector versions to be automatically downloaded & installed on end users' stations.
- Administrative Commands for Purging Messages – Easily free storage space by cleaning up messages from user folders, based on custom criteria.
New in version 7.5.1 (October 6th, 2010)
- Axigen 7.5.1 solves all the small things bothering you, so you can enjoy it at its best!
New in version 7.4 (June 9th, 2010)
- Version 7.4 of the Axigen messaging platform is the most pertinent step forward yet. It is an ever more mature & stable product that takes email security to the next level, while adding just the right touch to everything: email, calendaring & collaboration. Benefit from:
- Advanced spam blocking effectiveness & phishing prevention (via Greylisting, lists of domain-level reserved recipients).
- Enhanced usability (email filters & localization support in the desktop- style Ajax WebMail interface, Free / Busy status enhancements etc).
- Flexible Outlook Connector branding options (ensuring the further integration of your company's identity into your email services).