March 8th, 2011
· Restored support for Firefox 2 after over two years. (Welcome back, Windows 98 users!) Older versions of other Mozilla-based applications are now supported too.
· Added support for Firefox 4.
· Renamed the “Auto” input method to “Mixed”.
· Overhauled the preferences dialog. The reorganized and rewritten dialog is easier to understand and much more reliable. It also includes script monitor options that before were only accessible through about:config.
· Added a Dutch localization by John Willemse.
· Removed the French and Chinese localizations, which have not been maintained. If you are interested in bringing these localizations back, please contact Minh.
· Improved the security of the script monitor and Silverlight support.
· Added support for the HTML5 search box, URL, and e-mail address controls.
· Shift+Backspace (⇧⌫ on the Mac) now removes a diacritical mark from the preceding word like GoTiengVietFx does.
· Added support for multiline selection in Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit.
· Added support for Ace, the successor to Bespin.
· Added support for 280 Slides.
· Moved the Mudim compatibility warning from AVIM’s preferences dialog to the main Add-ons window. (The compatibility warning is not available in Firefox 4.)
· Added a help button to the preferences dialog that opens AVIM help documentation in a new window.
· The script monitor can now disable Google Virtual Keyboard in webpages.
· Added a button to Fennec’s right toolbar for enabling and disabling AVIM.
· Fixed the input method menu in the options panel in Fennec.
· Added an option to recognize password boxes to the options panel in Fennec.
· Fixed a regression in SeaMonkey where icons would not appear for the toolbar buttons except in the Customize dialog.
March 8th, 2010
· Added experimental support for Microsoft Silverlight 2 and above. AVIM now works in standard Silverlight textboxes. However, applets written with managed code are not supported.
· Added a German localization by Erwin Glockner.
· When dd (or d9 for VNI) is entered immediately after a number, the dd now turns into the dong sign.
· Improved word boundary detection. Even with the Enforce Spelling option enabled, Vietnamese words can be typed immediately after any punctuation, as well as next to words in Chinese and other languages that do not use spaces. In particular, backslashes are now treated as word boundaries.
· Added a new finger-friendly preferences panel for Fennec 1.0.
· Fixed an issue where opening the options pane would clear the ignored IDs list.
· Fixed an issue where a backslash was not treated as a word boundary.
· Added support for placing a combining tilde over the letter G in “Ng̃”, for abbreviating “Nguyễn”.
· VIQR and VIQR* dead keys can now be escaped using a backslash when the Auto input method is active.
· The script monitor can now disable avim.js when typing in Wikipedia’s experimental “Babaco” editor, as well as VietUni 1.7.
· Added support for alpha versions of Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit 6.0.
· The Charamel and Silvermel themes now use a creamier version of AVIM’s logo in the Add-ons window and AVIM’s options pane.
· AVIM’s logo is now displayed in the Add-ons window even when the extension is disabled.
July 6th, 2009
· Added support for Bespin 0.2.1 (“Cheeky Cirrus”) and above, including non-Mozilla installations.
· Added support for Songbird 1.2.
· “Đaư ” is now treated as a misspelled word.
· Fixed an issue where “gin`” would not become “gìn”.
· Fixed an issue in Windows and Linux where options in the options pane were not enabled and disabled correctly.
· Fixed an issue where the Restore to Default button was always enabled, even when the ignored IDs list was already set to the default.
April 18th, 2009
· Added experimental support for the Bespin editor by Mozilla Labs.
· Added support for Songbird 1.1.
· Fixed an issue in Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit where AVIM would not recognize SciMoz’s wrapper frame, which is often focused instead of SciMoz itself.
· Fixed an issue where the caret would sometimes drift when redoing.
· Adjusted the Vietnamese localization’s messages to be consistent with Firefox and Thunderbird.
· Web developers can now disable AVIM within a specific textbox by setting its “ime-mode” CSS property to “disabled”.
· Fixed an issue in SeaMonkey where AVIM’s toolbar buttons would appear without any icons.
February 14th, 2009
· Eliminated lag when adding diacritics. Editing a textbox with a large amount of text no longer incurs any noticeable delay.
· Added support for the SciMoz plugin (Scintilla) in Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit.
· Fixed an issue where the entire contents of the textbox were selected after undoing; the caret now stays in place.
· Fixed automatic shifting forward of diacritics (for example, “tóan” becomes “toán”).
· Fixed an issue where textboxes inside webpages would not update their autocompletion lists after adding diacritics.
· Fixed an issue in rich text editors where diacritics were lost after undoing then redoing.
· The Mudim script is disabled by default, since Mudim is widespread and disabling it does not significantly impact performance.
· Unicode characters are now allowed in ignored textbox IDs.
· Pressing Enter while focused on the ID textbox adds the ID to the list.
· Pressing Backspace or Delete while focused on the Ignored Textboxes list removes the selected textbox IDs from the list.
· AVIM now checks a textbox’s name in addition to its ID when determining whether to ignore the textbox.
February 8th, 2009
· Improved performance when editing a multiline textbox with a large amount of text.
· Added experimental support for the IME and DiMENSiON extension.
January 18th, 2009
· Added an option to allow diacritics in password boxes. Use caution when logging into a website using an accented password; the website may not handle Unicode passwords properly.
· Corrected the label for the option to use Telex while Auto is active.
· Fixed an issue where specialized textboxes would not update after editing a word that begins with an accented letter. Affected textboxes include the Find Bar and Location Bar in Firefox, as well as the Subject bar in Thunderbird.
· Fixed an issue where bookmark properties would not save when edited from within the Library.
· Tweaked some spelling rules to prevent invalid vowel sequences.
· Updated support for the latest BlueGriffon nightlies.
· Fixed editing in BlueGriffon’s rich text editor with AVIM enabled.
January 13th, 2009
· Added support for Firefox 3.2 nightlies.
· Fixed an issue in preference windows where AVIM prevents the initial pane from loading, due to Bug 330458.
· Fixed an issue that prevented the toolbar buttons from displaying.
· The toolbar buttons now appear disabled when AVIM is turned off.
· XaLộ’s version of AVIM is now recognized and disabled.
October 11th, 2008
· Fixed an issue that prevented certain textboxes from being ignored.
August 31st, 2008
· Added rudimentary support for alpha versions of Komodo IDE 5.0 and Komodo Edit 5.0.
· Added support for the Deepest Sender, iMacros, ReminderFox, and Zotero extensions.
· Fixed removing diacritics by repeating them, this time for VNI and VIQR.
· Fixed an issue with VIQR and VIQR* where entering o``` added the tone mark back onto the vowel.
· Rich text editors can now be ignored by the IDs of their container frames.
· Added support for the Add-ons Manager’s search bar.
· Added support for Firebug and ScribeFire when opened in separate windows.
· Added support for search dialogs in Thunderbird.
· Added support for obscure types of textboxes, such as HTML’s tag.