AV Linux 6.0.1 - Changelog
What's new in AV Linux 6.0.1:June 5th, 2013
- Updated to Trulan's 184.108.40.206 Kernel with Yamaha THR-10 patches and USB-2 Audio clock switching patch
- Complete new 'Dozer' Theme and Graphics
- 2 New Menu Sections for Audio and Video Utilities
- Completely renovated Openbox Mini-menu with xdg Menu Support via 'openbox-menu'
- Updated to JACK1 0.122.1
- Updated to FFADO 2.1.0 (Huge thanks to 'varpa' once again for testing/troubleshooting)
- Updated SUIL to 0.6.12 and the rest of the LV2 Support libs to their most recent versions
- Updated linuxDSP LV2 Plugin Demos and changed install prefix to /usr/lib/lv2
- Updated build dependencies (libglibmm-2.4-2.32) to enable building Ardour 3.0+
- Workaround for 'gksu nautilus' preventing Shutdown
- Updated User Manual with extra info and removed deprecated info...
- Updated QPS Task Manager
- Removed LiVES Video Editor (too many repeated compilation headaches due to GTK3)
- Added back a few light GTK2/Openbox themes
- Added Faenza-Dark Icons
- Custom Wallpapers package from various sources in /usr/share/wallpapers
- Added Skype
- Added Scribus 1.4.1
- Added EasyTag 2.1.7
- Added Amsynth 1.4GIT with Custom Sound Banks
- Added Triceratops-LV2 1.6
- Added DrMr LV2 Plugin for hosting Hydrogen banks
- Added SetBfree Tonewheel Organ app (note LV2 Plugin is early alpha quality)
- Added Jeff G's LV2 Zita Reverb and Autotuner Ports
- Added HPLIP 3.12.11 Custom Build
- Updated LibreOffice to 4.0.3
- Updated Mixbus Demo to 2.3.0
- Packaged Mixbus LV2 Demo LV2 Plugins for use with other LV2 Host DAW's
- Updated Wine to 1.4.1+rt Patches (no OpenCL support)
- Added GTKDialog frontend for Wine Helper Scripts including Winetricks
- Updated Ardour2 and Ardour2-VST to 2.8.16
- Updated Calf Plugins from GIT Including Experimental Fluidsynth LV2
- Updated Cinelerra 2.2CV with new overlay engine and 'Blue Banana' colour correction plugin
- Updated dssi-vst to latest falkTX versions
- Updated Qtractor to 0.5.8
- Updated Qjackctl to 0.3.10
- Updated QSynth to 0.3.7
- Updated Hydrogen Drumkits
- Updated Hydrogen to 0.9.3beta3
- Updated Caps LADSPA's to 0.9.2
- Updated Yoshimi to 1.1.0
- Numerous new useful WinFF custom presets including Audio MP3, OGG, AAC with preserved metadata.
- Updated Mixxx to 1.11
- Updated to latest Guitarix 0.27.1 including new LV2 Plugins and patched for A2/Mixbus – Thanks Hermann!
- Updated Sonic Visualizer to 2.0
- Updated the Vee One Plugins (SynthV1, DrumkV1, SamplV1) to 0.3.2
- Custom Packaged Queen Mary VAMP Plugins (1.7)
- Added hexter 1.0.2
- Added Phasex 14.97
- Added MhWaveEdit 1.4.22
- Updated Renoise-demo to 2.8.1
- Updated Pianoteq-demo to 4.5 including LV2 versions
- Updated Blender to 2.65
- Updated linuxDSP FC70 Plugin demo to 1.0.2
- Updated complete LinuxSampler SVN to accommodate new FLAC Support
- Updated Darktable to 1.1.3
- Updated MuseScore to 1.3
- Added Rakarrack 0.6.1
- Added MiniComputer Synth
- Added Jsampler-Fantasia
- Added TV-Viewer
- Updated Muse2 to 2.1.1
- Updated Non-Things to 1.9.5+GIT (except Sequencer with custom 1.9.4build)
- Added raboof's SfArk extraction utility to the 'Extra Goodies' folder
- Removed GUVCView It has become broken along the line and is not fixable even with local custom builds
- Replace GUVCView with LUVCView
- Added jalv 1.4.0 to host LV2's as standalones
- Added jalv-launcher, a little zenity front end I made up for jalv
- Added 'ScreenCapJACK' A GTKDialog frontend for Screen Capturing with JACK Audio
- Fixed Patchage 0.5.0 issue with 'View-->Arrange'
- Updated Hydrogen to 0.9.6beta3
- Added Ardour 3.1GIT and ArdourVST 3.1GIT Builds
- Added 'HarVid' binaries to utilize Video Timeline in Ardour3
- Updated Xjadeo to 0.7.0
- Updated Kdenlive Video Editor to 0.9.6+GIT
- Added latest Carla binaries from falkTX – Many thanks falkTX!
- Added latest DISTRHO LV2 and linuxVST Plugins from falkTX
- Added QMIDIArp 0.5.2
- Added DrumGizmo 0.9.3 LV2
- Added Sorcer LV2
- Added SynthClone 0.3.0
What's new in AV Linux 5.0:June 14th, 2011
- 220.127.116.11 Kernel with IRQ Threading/rtirq-init activated, this Kernel is what Linux Audio users have been waiting years for!
- NOTE: Although the stock Kernel is non-Liquorix, AV Linux still contains the Liquorix repositories for users who prefer them
- Complete full-featured Desktop package selection including LibreOffice 3.4
- RTC (Real Time Clock) permissions set by default on the LiveDVD
- FFADO SVN Firewire drivers with daisy-chaining on the new Juju Stack.
- AV Linux comes ready for pcm_multi multiple ice1712 soundcards (ie M-Audio1010LT).
- Full support for compiling and running Ardour 2.X, ArdourVST, Ardour 3.0, and Ardour Mixbus.
- NOTE: AV Linux is a recommended platform for Harrison Mixbus and the website is a Mixbus Store affiliate.
- Jack Session ready Ardour, Qtractor, Bristol, Specimen, and more to come.
- LV2 plugin support with existing slv2 and newer lilv libraries.
- Unparalled default development environment with Compiling, Source Code Acquisition and Packaging Tools.
- Four major Linux NLE Video Editors on one LiveDVD! (Openshot 1.31, Kdenlive 0.8, LiVES 1.43, and Cinelerra 2.1.5CV)
- New GRUB2 based Remastersys Installer that now allows for installation of other locales
- New complete packaging for all Commercial Demos and Non-Debian stuff so it can now easily be removed with Synaptic
- New AV Linux Control Panel with many improvements suggested by users
- GRUB SGFXI mode for much more streamlined proprietary nVidia/ATi graphics installs
- ATi Modesetting disabled on the LiveDVD for more reliable booting on systems with certain ATi Graphics cards
- Expanded User Manual
- Better default filetype detection for common filetypes (ie Desktop Manual automatically opens with Evince)
- Full PVR Support for Hauppauge WinTV PVR Capture Cards
- OOTB 'Media Keys' keybinding support with both Openbox and Compiz
- Linuxsampler with GIG, SF2, SFZ Support and Fantasia frontend
- Wine, Java and Multimedia Codecs all ready to go