New in version 2.0.2
December 23rd, 2010
- This is a stabilization release with a few new features: Vimeo video support, group photo albums, a module API extension for the content editor, and visual editor enhancements.
New in version 2.0.1 (October 21st, 2010)
- Flowplayer Upgrade: The media player included with ATutor has been upgraded to Flowplayer Version 3.2.4. The upgrade includes additional support for mp3, mp4, and mov media formats when using the ATutor [media] tag, allowing these formats to play in ATutor without the need for plugins (only Flash is required).
- Common Cartridge & AccessForAll Refinements: Further improvements to the world's first Common Cartridge with AccessForAll implementation has been included, now supporting mixed local and remote primary and secondary content. For example, a local video in an ATutor course can include adaptations from remote resources, such as a sign language alternative hosted on YouTube. Or visa versa, remote primary content (such as a YouTube video) can be matched with local adaptations of the video, such as a transcript, or perhaps an audio alternative. All content can be packaged and moved from course to course, moved in and out of the AContent repository, or imported into other systems that support Common Cartridge content interoperability standards.
- Support for Big Files: Previous limits on the size of files that can be imported into ATutor, including backups, content cartridges, and content packages, have been raised significantly to provide better support for larger multimedia content.
- Theme Refinements: Lots of adjustments have been made to the seven themes included with ATutor to better support a wide range of browsers, and to better support right-to-left languages. The Content Navigation menu has now been themed, so theme developers can modify the look and functionality of the menu in their themes.
- Mobile Theme: The first version of the ATutor mobile theme is now included with the ATutor public source code. Users can now use ATutor on their iPhone, Blackberry, or their Android mobile device.
- Code Repository and Language database moved: The ATutor source code repository has now been moved to http://svn.atutor.ca . Developers should update their development environment to point to the new location. The old location will become inactive in the near future.
- Fixes and Adjustments: Too many bug fixes and feature adjustments to mention them all.
New in version 1.6.3 (July 25th, 2009)
- Current users are encouraged to upgrade to take advantage of some significant new features. ATutor can now be used as social networking software, as a learning management system, or for both social networking and elearning.
New in version 1.6.2 (December 11th, 2008)
- Integrated Content Packaging Content packaging has been upgraded (IMS CP v1.1.4), and AccessForAll content and QTI tests have been integrated with content packaging so alternate formats and tests can all be exported and imported together.(Contributed in part by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation)
- Gradebook Integration The ATutor Gradebook, available as an extra module for ATutor 1.6/1.6.1 has been fully integrated into ATutor, becoming a standard module. (Contributed in part by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation)
- New System Preferences Administrators can now set the local time zone offset for ATutor, and users can set their own local time zone if it differs. Administrators can turn public registration on or off, turn the student's Unenroll feature on or off, and can turn instructor requests on or off.
- Guest Test Data Collection Instructors can now create public, guest accessible tests, and collect data and personal information from guest submitters for review and data analysis. (Contributed in part by the Norwegian Centre for Telemedicine)
- Module Import/Export All ATutor maintained extra modules are now available on update.atutor.ca, and can be imported through the ATutor Module Manager directly from the module repository. Developers can use the module Export tool to package up modules for redistribution. Modules have now been extended with a module uninstall feature, so it is no longer necessary to remove modules manually.
- Themes Import/Export All ATutor maintained themes are now available on update.atutor.ca, and can be imported through the ATutor Theme Manager directly from the theme repository. Designers can export themes for redistribution, and submit them to the theme repository.
- Theme Designer Documentation The ATutor Theme Designer Documentation has been integrated into the ATutor Handbook.
- Fluid Multi-File Uploader The Fluid multi-file upload utility has been added to the ATutor File Manager so now instructors, and content authors, can upload batches of files on one step. The Fluid libraries have been upgraded to v0.5. (Contributed in part by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation).