New in version 7.0.2
January 17th, 2014
- This is a minor update to the 7.0.x series, adding bugfixes and SecureBoot tolerance.
New in version 6.0.0 (December 3rd, 2012)
- Zero-cost end-user license fee;
- Сentralized administration of pupil computers;
- Deep customization;
- Сentralized authentication via directory service;
- Network boot of diskless nodes that store personal data on server;
- High security and virus protection;
- Graphical interface on server (disabled by default).
- Special School Server images are ready to install to Hyper-V
New in version 4.1.0 (February 23rd, 2009)
- This release of School Server is an extended version of a server suite for educational institutions that was developed for the government contract in the end of 2008. School Server includes: Linux kernel 2.6.25, base system glibc 2.5.1; LAN services: DHCP server, DNS server BIND 9.3.5, proxy server Squid 2.6.STABLE18 (with statistics viewer), a firewall, network interfaces management console, time server OpenNTPd 3.9p1; file servers - Samba 3.0.30 and FTP server ProFTPd 1.3.0, repository mirrors setup service (using NFS), print server CUPS....