New in version 0.24.3
January 23rd, 2014
- audio: big audio files are read directly from file while playing (if possible via mmap)
- audio: AU and WAV data can be read from non-seekable streams (loaded into memory)
- fix: Pascal sound support fixed ...
New in version 0.23.1 (March 30th, 2013)
- This version fixes two vulnerabilities, splits the source code for better maintainability, and gives the name sign a 3D effect.
New in version 0.23.0 (December 27th, 2012)
- The code was made less dependend on SDL, and there is a new experimantal backend for a Linux framebuffer device (ie. no SDL and no X11 needed).
- Furthermore, it supports combining Unicode characters.
- Support for XPM files with more than 256 colors has been fixed.
New in version 0.22.1 (August 29th, 2012)
- There are a lot of changes in the APIs, and it uses Lua-5.2 now.
- The (avatar-)image can now be a header or footer logo.
- Audio files can be played while loading.
New in version 0.21.2 (September 16th, 2011)
- Setting the title/shortname works again.
- The filechooser now shows files with the system-specific charset.
New in version 0.20.0 (July 15th, 2011)
- The program avatarsay is no more.
- Everything it could do can be done with lua-akfavatar now.
- The documentation can be viewed from within the program.
- There are new Lua-modules for UTF8-strings, the terminal emulation is now a Lua module, and there is a module to load Ogg Vorbis audio-files and a module to draw graphics.
- Notable new Lua-applications are a function-plotter, a clock, and an audio player.
New in version 0.16.0 (February 28th, 2009)
- There are many new features, mainly for making demos.
- Demo scripts must be rewritten (sorry).
- You can bundle demo files with images and sounds in an archive file.
- There is a large new demo in the download area that shows more of what can be done with the software.
- There are also some bugfixes.