New in version 1.4.6
January 25th, 2014
- Under Linux, inotify is now supported, making detection of new data quicker.
- With the help of many different static code checkers, many old bugs where removed.
- Support for the FTP MLST command (RFC 3659) has been added.
- All important system data are now stored in an ASCII text file, making the conversion of the internal database much less painful.
- Important numerical configuration values can now be supplied via configure.
New in version 1.4.5 (December 17th, 2012)
- This version improves the HTTP code so that it works with more HTTP servers.
- When copying files locally, the modification time of the original file is kept.
- SSH logins now work without the periodic timeouts.
- There is initial support for IPv6, but the code is still untested.
- Detects when hard link protection is enabled and warns the user about it.
- Adds a new CRC-32 algorithm that also supports calculation in hardware on CPUs with SSE4.2.
- Removes several possible buffer overflows.
- RPMs are now compiled with stack overflow protection.
New in version 1.4.4 (July 19th, 2012)
- Fetching files via HTTP proxy is now supported.
- Many errors have been fixed when fetching files, e.g. files are now retrieved only once.
- With the help of secunet and smatch, many buffer overflows are fixed, and many other security-related issues have been removed.
- A new scheme exec has been added to send files via an external program.
New in version 1.4.2 (October 26th, 2010)
- An error that could lead to many open file descriptors under certain conditions was fixed along with a problem where the AMG process could crash when the maximum number of options specified in DIR_CONFIG was reached.
- Toggling the queue or starting/stopping a host should now be done in an atomic manner. The edit_hc dialog now shows the correct block size.
- In the afd_info and mon_info dialogs, it is now possible to edit the information directly.
- The %T time modifier was added for the subject option.
- One can remove WMO headers from a bulletin with the -H extract option.
- The init scripts for afd and afdmon have been made more LSB compliant.
New in version 1.4.1 (March 8th, 2010)
- Improve detection of XPM support.
- When we report old files do a proper cast to integer, otherwise on some systems this will lead to a crash of process dir_check.
- Added support for fetching files via HTTP from the NOAA web site.
- ALDA can now work with log data from remote AFD's.
- If we read the file mask list and we hit an error, tell the user the reason why we failed.
- In transfer log show if we moved, copied or copied/moved a file for sf_loc. - Show the volume transmitted in transfer log in a human readable format.
- The option dupcheck did not work correctly during a burst. Fixed.
- Handle case when no port number is specified in URL. - When evaluting DIR_CONFIG we need to fool function url_evaluate() with dummy values so it does more syntax checking on the URL.
- Standalone program fax2gts.
- Add support to convert DWD data type to WMO data type.
- Fix bug when user echos output to stdout or stderr from .profile (or .bash_profile) and afd boot script then tries to start multiple AFD's. - Added option 'mirror source', to mirror a directory.
- Added AFD_CONFIG option FORCE_REREAD_INTERVAL to specify an interval at which each source directory must be scanned, regardless if the modification time changed or not.
- When function get_dir_number() creates a directory and it already exists, it no longer returns INCORRECT.
- Added option to alda to print out the output type (delivered, deleted, etc).
- When alda searches in output log it now also respects if user searches via source directory.
- When sending mails set To: line when option 'file name is user' is set.
- When time goes back, correct internal search time even when time went back just one second. Before we only updated when time went back more then 10 seconds.