New in version 3.0
November 28th, 2014
- 4Pane now optionally shows previews of image or text files.
- When deciding which application to use to open a file, the system's mimetype database is consulted.
New in version 2.0 (December 13th, 2013)
- 4Pane now automatically updates its panes when their contents change.
- It's now possible to mount and browse remote data using sshfs.
New in version 1.0 (June 19th, 2012)
- There is now a built-in su/sudo front-end for executing commands with admin privileges.
- A greater range of compressed files and archives is now supported, including xz, lzma, lzop and 7z.
- There is better keyboard navigation and better usb-device discovery.
- Stock icons are now used where possible.
New in version 0.8.0 (January 10th, 2011)
- There is now a menu item 'Permanently Delete', which really deletes rather than just moving to a can. The selected pane now subtly highlights its header, or the top of its toolbar, to indicate that it has focus. i18n-related improvements, and there are now Italian and Danish translations provided.
New in version 0.7.0 (February 3rd, 2010)
- Apart from bug-fixes, the main changes are: it's now possible to overwrite files inside virtual archives (instead of only being able to store duplicates); the Options dialog has been altered, and this and several others made smaller so that they'll fit on a netbook screen; various changes to make 4Pane more locale-aware.
New in version 0.6.0 (November 21st, 2008)
- This release has a Quick-Grep dialog that provides the most common grep options on a single page.
- The original, multi-page Full-Grep is still available.