XmlBlaster is XML based MOM with a lot of features.
XmlBlaster is a publish/subscribe and point to point 100% Java based MOM server (message-oriented middleware) which exchanges messages between publishers and subscribers. The message is described with XML-encoded meta information. Messages may contain everything, GIF images, Java objects, Python scripts, XML data, a word document, plain text - just anything.
Communication with the server is based on CORBA (using JacORB) or RMI or XmlRpc, clients are free to choose their preferred protocol. Other protocols like email, socket or SOAP may be plugged in.
Subscribers can use XPath expressions to filter the messages they wish to receive.
XmlBlaster uses the Sun XML parser for XML parsing, and XT from James Clark for XSL parsing.
This is the publish/subscribe middleware server you have needed many times before, now available for free to glue together your distributed client/server application.
The xmlBlaster server is pure Java and under LGPL.
PHP, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic.net and Java (applications, servlets, applets) client samples are delivered in the xmlBlaster distribution.
You should be ready to go with your preferred development language.
XmlBlaster provides a browser callback framework, allowing browsers (Mozilla, MSIE, Netscape) to receive instant callbacks over a persistent http connection.
- Free for private,commercial,education use (LGPL - License)
- Message Orientated Middleware (MOM) with Publish/Subscribe and PointToPoint (PtP) support
- Multi platform support (server is pure Java)
- Multi protocol support (CORBA, RMI, XmlRpc, raw socket, EMAIL, native access)
- Extensible (XML based QoS)
- Queryable Topics (Topic access with XPath)
- Mime based full text search (currently plugins for regular expressions and XPath)
- JMS conforming SQL key/value query support (SQL92)
- Security system independend (currently plugins for LDAP and crypt-passwd), supports authentication, authorization and message interceptors
- Persistence plugin architecture (currently plugins for Oracle, MS-SQLServer, Postgres, Firebird and others)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release features mature Oracle and DB2 database replication.
- Cluster callback tunneling with SSL was added for highly secure inter-company communication.
- Extensive administrative control is available during operation and legal recording of message flow.