wxHexEditor is a hex editor for Linux mainland.
It supports files up to 2^64 bytes. Writen with C++/wxWidgets GUI libs and can be used with other OSes such Windows, Mac OS too.
· NOT STABLE and DANGEROUS for USE. Create a BACKUP of your file after editing!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now program became from pre-Beta stage to Beta stage.
· Added Progress dialogs for file save, comparison and checksum dialogs.
· Fixed GoTo dialog and uint64_t to String conversions on MSW.
· Fixed Device menu show bug.
· Added no device information for Windows.
· Fixed compilation error on PuppyLinux.
· Fixed undo commit bug at Direct mode(Thanks guerrier for indicating bug)
· Added file owner change for automated disk access on Linux/Unix.
· Added Auto-Offset resizing by file length.
· Changed Offset Hex:Dec switching by right mouse button from now.
· Added left click to offset area copies the address.
· Implemented Checksum Dialog core with MD5 & SHA family
· Implemented Disassembler panel code by using udis86 library.(Beta)
· Implemented UTF8/Unicode searching.
· Implemented File Compare option.
· Removed "(Alpha)" keyword on right click menus.
· And Many bug fixes...