wtmpClean is a software for Unix operating systems written in standard C ANSI which lets you edit a specified a wtmp database. It is available under the GPLv3.
Usage: wtmpclean [-l] [-p] [-f < wtmpfile >] < username >
-f, --file Modify < wtmpfile > instead of /var/log/wtmp
-l, --list Show listing of < user > logins
-p, --preserve Preserve ownership and timestamps
./wtmpclean -p -f /var/log/wtmp.1 root
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The raw ('--raw') output was highly improved.
· The whole wtmp database is dumped if no user is specified.
· An error code of 1 is returned if the editing of the wtmp file fails.
· Unknown fake users are not accepted when patching the wtmp file.
· Timestamps are always preserved when editing the wtmp file (the '--preserve' option has been removed).